gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Magura Hydraulic ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Magura Hydraulic ?  (Read 2347 times)

hutch-judge

Magura Hydraulic ?
« on: February 09, 2008, 10:18 PM »
Anybody used these, any good ?

Just bought a frame which has some fitted and can't decide if to leave them on or not ? (Think they look pretty cool)

Cheers Jase

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Magura Hydraulic ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 10:24 PM »
the best rim brake you can get!  never seen them on a BMX but all the trial guys used to run em, till they made disc brakes reliable.

i suspect lots of people still swear by em

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 07:14 AM »
I ran one for a while back in 1999ish and whilst it was an amazing brake it had no "feel" compared to a v-brake

:) DINGO :)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 01:56 PM »
still very highly rated amongst the trials riders.

most still use one on the rear with disc on front. the old flourescent yellows were the pick of the bunch bitd!

what colour are they?

the base range were in charcoal grey if memory serves me correct, i think they may have done blue, then at the top end wer red and then the creme de la creme were the yellows

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 07:57 PM »
A friend of mine used to run them on his Standard.  Bloody effective, in fact I couldn't get on with them as I felt they were too good. On/off and nowt in between.  I can see why trials riders like em   :)

perry

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 07:28 AM »
the ones to have were the greens  8)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 07:47 AM »
the ones to have were the greens  8)

yeah i make you right there mate!  weren't they called frog pads or something??   :-\

perry

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 05:21 PM »
hmm something like that

my memorys hazy but i think they were the same as the common yellows which were better than the reds and blues but had softer pads

zed4130

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 08:59 PM »
yep frogs were green pads, i think they were the winter pads, ive been usuing hs33's for the last 5 years on my old kona, they are the best brakes ive ever used, i change the pads every year, ive used the green ones, didnt notice much difference my self, ive never changed the break flued, highly recomend them, ive seen them on some race bmx's. good if only got one break, and more powerfull than v's  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Magura Hydraulic ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx