gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 02:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Body Armor
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Body Armor  (Read 1991 times)

dialledbikes

Re: Body Armor
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2008, 09:44 PM »
I do feel/look a bit stupid all armoured up, especially as I'm not rad and don't do big jumps.  But I know I'm not getting any younger and I'd rather pad up and not lose any riding time.

hooga1975

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 09:46 PM »
Note to self, Don't wish Spillers luck before a race.  :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: To be fair if Spillers hadnt have been wearing body armour he would have been a walking scab judging by the way the track ripped his top and jeans to shreads.   I personally dont wear it, I guess I might change my mind if I hurt myself

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 01:24 PM »
My slam at Andover on Saturday was a shoulder barge in to the next whoop, i didn't stick my hand out as i didn't have time. It all happened too fast.

Would body armour of saved the break ??? I personally dont think so, not this time anyway, other times, most definately, but i hit that bump hard, my shoulder took the full impact of that crash and the shock of it broke the bone, but i tell you something i wish to god right now i was wearing it Saturday.

If i have the courage to ride again, i will be riding with it, Miles you have a PM about your armour.

Also, dont want to bore you guys, thank thuk i was wearing a Helmet. Christ knows what the damage would have been if i wasn't. It was hell of a thump to my head.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Flying_fox

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 08:58 PM »
Helmets are a must, collar bones fix, brains don't. :crazy2:

I replied to your PM Andy. :daumenhoch:

Miles.

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Body Armor is designed to transfer the kinetic energy from the point of contact, and disperse around the mass (the body).  If the force of impact (Kn) is greater than the non linear stresses of the bone it will break, this normally occurs in the smaller bones in the body.

:)
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

spillers#1

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 07:05 PM »
It helps prevent serious injury not stop serious injury  ;) if people feel they can't wear it then thats there choice, personally i'd wear it when i'm racing to cut the risk.You can still brake bones,you can still get hurt but it helps to minimise injury  :daumenhoch: common sense  :uglystupid2: i've raced motorbikes and you wear leathers,helmet,gloves,boots,back protector(individual choice)but you can still get seriously hurt  ;) but it helps reduce the risk....simple  :idiot2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Body Armor

gfxgfx
gfx gfx