gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 08:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  CALI OR EXPERT TO PRO CLASS REP?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CALI OR EXPERT TO PRO CLASS REP?????  (Read 1076 times)

kowalski

CALI OR EXPERT TO PRO CLASS REP?????
« on: February 09, 2008, 09:02 AM »
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A VERY VERY CLEAN 83 MONGOOSE EXPERT FROM INSIDEOUTLAND  :daumenhoch:

HERES THE THING ITS FOR MY FRIEND, WHO IS JUST GETTING BACK INTO IT FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE 84  8)
IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A REASONABLE PRO-CLASS REP?????
(NOW I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING JUST GO AND BUY THE REAL DEAL) WHICH IS WHAT I WOULD DO BUT HE IS ON A TIGHT BUDGET AND WANTS TO JUST THRASH THIS ABOUT  :daumenhoch:

WHAT IS THE ACTUAL DIFFERENCE ? I ASSUME GEOMETRY, WEIGHT, AND SMOKED CHROME AND DECALS BUT WITH A NICE POWDER JOB AND NEW DECALS COULD IT BE DONE? AND WOULD IT LOOK HALF DECENT  ::)

login_user

Re: CALI OR EXPERT TO PRO CLASS REP?????
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 10:10 AM »
Leave it as a Cali :daumenhoch: The proclass frame has thicker walled tubing and different geometry, they wheren't all smoked chrome you could by them in normal chrome.   :daumenhoch:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:25 AM »
Leave it as a Cali and tell your mate he can buy a Pro Class F+F off me if he's interested  :daumenhoch:

Steve

insideoutland

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 11:28 AM »
now we are talking :smitten: ££££££££££ hit me with it ::)

insideoutland

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 11:33 AM »
hey that expert frame is to good to do that :smitten:  if you can find a old rough frame then ok have a ply round..its better to have a very very nice expert than a dodgy repo pro class. :daumenhoch:

anyway i want it sending back now...

:2funny: :2funny:

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 12:16 PM »
now we are talking :smitten: ££££££££££ hit me with it ::)

I want £325 for the F+F inc P+P ... Pro Class bars, Power Plate, wheels and pads will all be available soon after  :daumenhoch:

Steve
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 11:34 PM by Steve P »

kowalski

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 04:33 PM »
ok talked him out of it, so it will stay original  :daumenhoch:

steve p that is one sweet pro-class  :smitten: is that a powdered finish or smoked chrome mate?????

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 05:01 PM »
steve p that is one sweet pro-class ... is that a powdered finish or smoked chrome mate?????

Thanks mate ... it's my own custom paint finish which looks even better in the metal  :smitten:

Steve

lcfc

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 02:42 PM »
Hey login_user you say pro class has thicker walled tubing, did that make a difference to the O/D of the tubing or was it just thicker internally?  Only asking as my latest Cali has larger tubing, it even needs 1" 1/8th cable clips as the 1" clips will not fit!!

selfpreservation

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 11:06 PM »
Hey login_user you say pro class has thicker walled tubing, did that make a difference to the O/D of the tubing or was it just thicker internally?  Only asking as my latest Cali has larger tubing, it even needs 1" 1/8th cable clips as the 1" clips will not fit!!
the thicker tubing was on the back end , like a us supergoose but the proclass had thinner wall tubing making it lighter, do us a favour and leave as is mate its confusing enough without people trying to pass off a cali as a PC you will fool no-one on here and create endless debate , anyways there is fook all wrong with a nice californian they look sweet  :4_17_5:

lcfc

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 02:41 AM »

What have i said thats so wrong? not trying to fool nobody just telling you that my latest cali has thicker main frame tubing all round by 1/8th"... Honest, you can even tell its thicker in the pic if you look close.

login_user

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 06:44 PM »
the thicker tubing was on the back end , like a us supergoose but the proclass had thinner wall tubing making it lighter, do us a favour and leave as is mate its confusing enough without people trying to pass off a cali as a PC you will fool no-one on here and create endless debate , anyways there is fook all wrong with a nice californian they look sweet  :4_17_5:

As ciaran said, which is what i was trying to say.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 03:44 PM by login_user »

lcfc

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 05:42 AM »

Yes, its the very large red and white one 2 posts above.............. and its a cali, btw.

Frosty

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 12:55 PM »
Steve,

Can I have dib dobs on the pro-class wheels as and when they come?? Perfect for my pro-class!

Cheers

Paul

selfpreservation

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 10:14 PM »

What have i said thats so wrong? not trying to fool nobody just telling you that my latest cali has thicker main frame tubing all round by 1/8th"... Honest, you can even tell its thicker in the pic if you look close.

its the rear triangle the tubing is thicker on a us super/ proclass and also where the rear tubing meets the top of the seatpost a cali is higher than the toptube , on a super/ proclass it is lower so if you try to make it look like a proclass your wasting your time  , im not having a go mate but we have been through this many many many times before , its a running joke on here a bit like tartan paint or a long weight or a skirting board ladder situation nice cali BTW i love the mongoose seat .someday a black one will be mine ..oh yes , my point is why fook with perfection its supercool as is if you want a proclass then save up and get one

lcfc

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 02:05 AM »
Spot on mate, well said and i agree with all that you have said, just one thing though, when have i ever mentioned that i wanted a pro class?? Never, i too am happy with what i got, i only mentioned and asked a question as too why my top tube is a larger diameter than my old cali had, thats all, just wondering, thought that you maybe the person to ask.

If you look at my rating it clearly say " riding with stabalizers " that means that not all of us have had the benefit of seeing these previous posts about this topic, whats old ground to you is brand new to me. You really ought to know better.

I came on here thinking that with people with the same love today as it was bitd i might get a little more sense than i do talking to the old women, who thinks i ought to grow up and stop playing with kids bikes, but you ,your just as condesending as she is, i am 40 yrs of age and the days of me getting a bollocking for something i might have said that was out of place are long gone.

If you dont want people on here that are a little green in their infinite wisdom of all thats old school bmx, just say so, or you can try and answer the question i first asked. BTW i do actually have a descent knowledge of bmx and i know about the difference in height meeting the seat tube, the thicker rear end and all, its the top tube its thicker by 1/8th...... why?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  CALI OR EXPERT TO PRO CLASS REP?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx