gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 06:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  a few pics from my trek out to bradford track today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: a few pics from my trek out to bradford track today  (Read 2763 times)

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
a few pics from my trek out to bradford track today
« on: February 12, 2008, 04:02 PM »
only a few of me most are of jon who i went with.

me

the track started to dry out and is very fast{or i just make it seem fast}
priv

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: a few pics from my trek out to bradford track today
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 05:28 PM »
nice pics :daumenhoch: wish i was doing that today instead of working. hopefully this weather will hold till the weekend.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 05:31 PM »
CANT WAIT ME

CRUISER OR OLD SCHOOL ,,,WHO KNOWS

RUSS :4_17_5:

proclass35

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Glad to see they've done some work on it before this weekend! I went early Jan and it was a bit technical- trying to find the right line between the housebricks, broken bottles and dog sh*t was tricky.. I'm looking forward to it now though :)

bof

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Glad to see they've done some work on it before this weekend! I went early Jan and it was a bit technical- trying to find the right line between the housebricks, broken bottles and dog sh*t was tricky.. I'm looking forward to it now though :)
Does that meen you are going to get the proclass out Jamie to show the stiff backs how it is done. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 07:58 PM »

;D Yep, that's how I remember it from 3 weeks ago...

Have they done anything to the 1st set of doubles? I sure it was this set that had more of a drop off than a landing ramp...  looked a bit scary :shocked:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

proclass35

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:32 PM »
Does that meen you are going to get the proclass out Jamie to show the stiff backs how it is done. :LolLolLolLol:
aaahhmm, the dog's ate mi grips, mi nan's died and I've got a letter from Esther excusing me from sports due to a verouca (if my foot gets wet in that big puddle on the first berm, you could all catch it). I'll be giving the cruiser a run out on saturday though...I hope they haven't moved that mattress after the step up that the gypos tipped- t'wer perfect for my landings :D

bof

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 11:00 PM »
aaahhmm, the dog's ate mi grips, mi nan's died and I've got a letter from Esther excusing me from sports due to a verouca (if my foot gets wet in that big puddle on the first berm, you could all catch it). I'll be giving the cruiser a run out on saturday though...I hope they haven't moved that mattress after the step up that the gypos tipped- t'wer perfect for my landings :D
:D :D :D :D :D ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :D :D :D :D :D

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 09:50 AM »

;D Yep, that's how I remember it from 3 weeks ago...

Have they done anything to the 1st set of doubles? I sure it was this set that had more of a drop off than a landing ramp...  looked a bit scary :shocked:

they've deffo done a lot of work on the track,you can see where they've had a whacker plate on it and the lips on the doubles have been built up.

priv

alst

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Hi,
I used to race at Bradford 20+ years ago. Is it still located next to the golf course & the primary school??
If not, then can someone please provide me with the address of the track??

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Al

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 01:17 PM »
it's moved mate,i remember the old track we used to cycle from wakefield as 13yr old ever weekend,the 1st berm was a drop straight down to the school, :shocked: :2funny:

directions  here
here you go mate,this is the route i took today
Coming from M1/M62,

Take the M606 off the M62.
At the top of the M606 you need to go right "Rooley Lane",in front of Macdonalds(on your left).
Continue along the dual carriage way(past yorks' building soc' headquaters on left).
Go straight on at set of lights at round about(Asda on left).
Then get in the middle lane.
At the next round about("dudley hill",crossing "Wakefield road"A650)go straight across onto "Sticker Lane"A6177.
At next set of lights go straight on.
Past car showrooms on right.
You'll come to another set of lights,left hand lane and go straight on again.
At the end of a row of terraced houses on your left, is another set of lights,there's a big curry house at 1 o'clock!.
Go straight on.
You'll pass a park on your right.
The road straightens and goes slightly uphill to another set of lights.
Again,go straight on.
As the road levels out take the left fork "Northcote road",past some allotments on your left.
At the next set of lights turn LEFT!"Otley road" A658(makes a change from goin straight on! )
Pass the big cemetary on your left(mind the speed camera!30mph).
There's a big stone wall on your left,as this ends,there's a pub on your right.Turn down the side of the pub,down "Cliffe road".It has speed bumps all way down and the park and play area are on your right.
At the bottom of the road turn right(just before the junction)"North view road"(may not be signed),BUT, do not go on the main road!Take the wide entrance on the right hand side of you,follow it round uphill to the BMX track.
priv

losidan

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 05:13 PM »
Hi,
I used to race at Bradford 20+ years ago. Is it still located next to the golf course & the primary school??
If not, then can someone please provide me with the address of the track??

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Al

yur thinking of miry shay there mate...it was still there till a few years ago....well, what was left of it. first time i ever raced was there.

bottom of peel park is the newer one, but directions have already been posted up i see

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  a few pics from my trek out to bradford track today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx