gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 07:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HELP THINK IVE BEEN RIPPED OFF
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: HELP THINK IVE BEEN RIPPED OFF  (Read 1505 times)

antiquebmx

HELP THINK IVE BEEN RIPPED OFF
« on: February 06, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Thought Id ask you all out there for advice,

I bought an FST freestyler from guy in US - ebay name imnottarget, in late November, he delayed in sending bike, and when he did it appeared to be delayed in post. Then i thought because of xmas etc it was still coming,  so about a month ago still not here i was pushing, but too late for paypal to do anything. He would reply to all my emails as this was going on,  Then he said it returned back to him as they could not read the address,  he said I could have my money back but would take a couple of weeks, still no money and now hes not replying.  What can I do, I paid with credit card on paypal, but they dont want to know,  thinking of contacting my credit card, or police.

Just a warning to you all,  and if you have experience of this let me know

its the first time for me, and usually in the end gets sorted, but this time Im not sure

cheers

paul

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Re: HELP THINK IVE BEEN RIPPED OFF
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 12:35 PM »
Sorry to here that mate , ifooking hate hearing this :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:,, i dont think there is anything ya can do , is there a deadline on paypal once you ve paid him? i did nt know there was, because you have nt received yet ,

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 12:36 PM »
I think you're afforded some protection through your credit card.  I would chase them a little harder.

highrisedrifter

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 12:37 PM »
The Police can't do anything. Try your credit card company and push them a bit.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Mmmm not good sorry to hear that. You should have some protection paying by credit card and through Paypal. I would chase a bit more and then do an item not received thing in Ebay and put a dispute on the fooker.

dj_benice

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 12:40 PM »
credit card company are the way forward, I had some d1ck try to rip me on a laptop paypal where not interested so got credit card co to refund and suddenly paypal got interested ;)

cherrypicker

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 12:53 PM »
Yes, you have standard statutory rights. If your credit card is Visa - they'll get your money back every time

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 12:53 PM »
 :knuppel2:  :knuppel2:  :knuppel2:  :knuppel2:   :knuppel2: fooking tossers  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:
paypal take the p**s,you dont put in a complaint because your told its coming,then you decide to do it and they say its to late  :wtf:
i say now give it a week or two,if no goods turn up, turn it into a dispute(or wot ever they call it),that gets the f.ers moving and atleast if it comes you can cancel the dispute TOSSERS  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 12:55 PM »
credit card company are the way forward, I had some d1ck try to rip me on a laptop paypal where not interested so got credit card co to refund and suddenly paypal got interested ;)

see , this what angers me , why did it take your credit card company for them conning , lying b,stards at paypal to get interested, they take enough money off peeps, for a service that they"SAY" they do , Something more needs to be done to protect people, i accept they ll be disputes about not as described or bits missing , thats bad enough , but when some fooker has your hard earned money with every intension of robbing ya , it just aint on

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 01:08 PM »
All good advice here, credit card company should sort it out.  File an item not received with eGay, job done.

Paypal will only respond to the Credit Card company as there is a finite limit on the  number of chargebacks they can receive through their merchant account.  When this limit is reached, they will risk paying higher fees (which they cannot pass onto the customers) or losing the ability to accept credit card payments at all if they do not demonstrate that they have taken appropriate action to protect the consumer.  hence when they get a "request for information", the pre-cursor to a chargeback they get their arse into gear and actually do something real about it  :daumenhoch:.

Marty  :)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

antiquebmx

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 04:51 PM »
Wanted to thank everyone for your advice,  Ive emailed paypal but they are not interested, i will try and call them. Also I have a dispute open with ebay, but it doesnt really do much!!

I will goto my credit card company and chase them and try and get money back, will let you know.

BTW I agree from now on no goods within a month then its going to dispute whatever, i advise you all to do same  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 05:08 PM »
I believe if you contact your credit card company they can do a thing called a Chargeback. just give them all the details if you get no joy ask to speak to there fraud department. they will sort it out for you. Good luck  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Kuwahero

traffman

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 06:52 PM »
This guy has basically stolen your money so make a lot of noises with your card company theyll help you .

djdane

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 07:17 PM »
Hey Paul. Here is my advice give a little time as the bike was sold to pay for an emergency and then went missing for over 6 weeks. When it came back, I told you I would ship again, or if you wanted the $$ back I would try my best to get it quick but would probably take a few weeks. I also told you I re-listed the bike to try and get the money faster for you and it did not sell. I am still trying to get the money together for you and planned on using my federal return to do so but came into a snag that I am sorting out as we speak. You do what you must do, however, you still have the original option of getting the bike shipped out again. I am not a scammer and have done quite a lot of business with people on smaller items( decals) to the UK, without a hitch and when the bike was not delivered in a few weeks I also was on edge thinking I may have been ripped off and was very relieved when it came back undeliverable. I have a few very good friends from this site , one of which has alerted me to this and although I do not come here often, I felt it was important to tell my side publicly. Again, Paul, please understand my situation and I am doing the absolute best I can to get this squared away. I am not sitting on a pile of money here, it has been a few weeks that the bike has been back and you decided you wanted the $1100 returned.

Dan

1 fat pug

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 08:52 PM »
i got ripped off on ebay with a performer, guy fooked me about till it was too late, user name is harofiend i think it is now as he was under a different name, i couldnt leave feedback ether as it had gone too far, so i kept an eye on and he pul loads on as buy it now, then i bought the lot and left him loads of feedback, fookin shuffle munsterer, no need for it, he also blocked me from bidding on anything again from him and tried to make out it was ME that was just trying to scam him for my money back

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 09:00 PM »
sounds like its all going to be ok,  ;)

maybe best to pm Dan, get his phone number and call him for a friendly chat,

if its a cheap frame (like that pk) i'll give you the money and Dan can post it to me  :LolLolLolLol:

djdane

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 09:16 PM »
This is the bike, a complete 84 haro fst. The total was $1050us shipped. I just contacted someone else to see if they want the bike and if so will just forward the payment plus his fees to Paul. Like I said of couse I can just re-ship the bike.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1984-haro-freestyler-fst-old-school-bmx_W0QQitemZ260204845749QQihZ016QQcategoryZ64644QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 12:34 AM »
Sounds to me like a couple of PMs should sort this problem out    :daumenhoch:

antiquebmx

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 08:12 AM »
Yes thanks again to all , Dan has contacted me,  just when no contact you dont know.  I dont mean to be untrusting, but its alot of money. Hope everyone understands, to be honest I need the cash now. But can wait a while if need be, just want to make sure all ok,  I suggested to Dan he sell the bike on bay with fair reserve so it sells and not just sitting on it.

cheers  paul   ;)

djdane

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2008, 10:35 AM »
Paul thanks for understanding and trust me bro, I know it is a lot of money! I posted it on ebay the day after it came back to me and you said you wanted the money instead. I listed it at 1100 hoping to get back the money to pay you alone. I got one offer of 500 dollars and a ton of watchers. Honestly I think it may have had to do with a post someone started over  at the bmxmuseum. Someone posted that the bike was only worth a few hundred tops and that an fst is bottom of the line etc not knowing its true value. Negative attention to an auction by someone who is clueless is a bit dissapointing. If I do not here back by today from the guy I offered it to I will re-list it or part it out.

Dan
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 12:20 PM by djdane »

antiquebmx

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2008, 12:33 PM »
Ive said i will accept part payments, and maybe Dan should split the bike.    :daumenhoch:

antiquebmx

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 06:59 AM »
Dan,

Im not hearing a reply again,  about time maybe you sold the parts on ebay and started paying me back.

let me know

cheers   paul

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 08:06 AM »
its good he has contacted you and told you his side, but its just not the same when getting your money back in dribs and drabs, he should get a loan and pay that off when his bike is sold, i have people who still owe me money after years, we are talking thousands, and if you dont mither and knock on doors you would never here from them again, then you never get to see the last few hunded quid because you are sick of hereing yourself. :tickedoff:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

djdane

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 09:41 AM »
Paul how am I not replying to you? Every time you contact me, I respond. Perhaps you should have just taken the bike back? It is not that easy parting it out as everyone wants a bro deal or only the smallest of parts ie. the seat and brakes are sold. Do you want me to send you the 57$ us that they sold for after shipping??????? Either be patient or... take the bike and you try selling it.

antiquebmx

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 11:51 AM »
Dan,

Well i didnt expect that,

first I have been waiting since November for bike, I paid you $150 shipping but didnt get proof of postage. For all I know you may never have shipped the bike, as you got it back??

How am I not being patient?  I just ask you update me , please also post your phone number as you havent given it me.

As I said  I dont know you, and we both agreed to a refund didnt we! I know you reply but I shouldnt have to chase you, it should be the other way

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  HELP THINK IVE BEEN RIPPED OFF

gfxgfx
gfx gfx