gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:53 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dyeing Tuffs again
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dyeing Tuffs again  (Read 755 times)

80sdave

Dyeing Tuffs again
« on: February 05, 2008, 03:03 PM »
Can anyone tell me if you have to use cold water dye when doing tuffs or does the machine stuff work in a tubb of water ?

munners

Re: Dyeing Tuffs again
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I did some once and used cold. Worked fine.

2020mad

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 03:13 PM »
I would always use multi purpose dye, used cold water dye by mistake once, wheels fooked.

80sdave

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 05:17 PM »
Cheers guys :daumenhoch:

mark 2

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 12:07 AM »
I would always use multi purpose dye, used cold water dye by mistake once, wheels fooked.

What went wrong Martin? I'm due to do some, let me learn from your mistake if you don't mind ;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 12:11 AM »
Better off with hot water and a good amount of salt.  I got one of those big garden bucket thingys from B&Q and filled half hot tap water and half boiled in a pan on the stove to do mine - worked a treat.  I also left them in there for a day or so but if you do that remember to stir the water frequently as the dye "clumps" and you get spots of intense colour forming on the wheels; not so bad on black but a nightmare on yellow  :LolLolLolLol:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

2020mad

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 12:36 AM »

What went wrong Martin? I'm due to do some, let me learn from your mistake if you don't mind ;)

cold water dye left them patchy and uneven in colour, only thing i can do now is dye them black using multi purpose.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 12:48 AM »

cold water dye left them patchy and uneven in colour, only thing i can do now is dye them black using multi purpose.

Martin, what colour were they and are you sure they cannot be corrected?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

djdane

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 06:59 AM »

WHat brand of dye did you use? Over here in the states I used rit to dye quite a few sets. I always used boiling water with loads of salt and I also used one of those short metal tubs that resemble a trash can but I actually put it right on top of my stove in the kitchen. Imagine the looks I got when the missus came home!!!! :LolLolLolLol: Either way, they make a dye remover incase the job doesnt come out right. I had to use it once. 2 jugs per wheel and they came out whiye as can be from a dark orange color. I was going for a nice yellow but they dye will darken pretty quickly if you don't watch it and well it was baseball season hahaha. Pm me if anyone needs more indepth help as I have done loads of these as well as bleaching etc.

Dan

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Dyeing Tuffs again

gfxgfx
gfx gfx