gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  first thoughts on riding the LTF
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: first thoughts on riding the LTF  (Read 535 times)

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
first thoughts on riding the LTF
« on: February 03, 2008, 12:54 PM »
first i'd like to say its a lovely frame. every part is dialled and any rider should be proud to straddle its toptube!

however, for me, it's too damn light for the skatepark. no wonder these new kids have no muscles. you don't need them. a light bike is really forgiving but it doesn't feel as though you get a positive contact and is really twitchy.

i'm not sure whether i'm down with the 75 degree headangle. could be the bars. i've just gone to a wide tall set for the 'new skool' thing but there definately going, and the T1 bars shall reappear with a redneck stem. i'm too used to the feel of them to change now. its all set up with the bars in line with the forks like all my bikes but the steeper headangle makes it feel too upright! but again this is just my opinion as i've ridden a standard for twelve years and am used to a 74.5 degree headangle. it's amazing how 1/2 a degree can make such a difference!

what it is really good at is jumping. absolutely no effort at all to get over the box.

i think overall if your a racer, jumper, or someone who likes to just flow around the park with minimum effort then this could be the frame for you!

i love it! i'm just not sure its me! see how it goes at corby with a different front end on tuesday

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: first thoughts on riding the LTF
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 01:20 PM »

i think you will find its your just to rad mate.

fletchy baby

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 08:42 PM »

hey CBCL when's the cov ride gonna happen ?

bout time we all recognized each other .

SaMAlex

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 08:45 PM »
I bet it will feel waaaaay better without that high race stem and the high bars (do NS rides have high stems?). With the redneck and the bars you are used to, I think you will be lovin it. If not, you could always put a set of 48s on it to hold her down!

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Phil if you can`t get on with it then I`ll do a deal on it with ya  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 11:43 PM »
i'll let you know bill.

alex - i hope your right, as it looks ace sitting in my room. hopefully switching the bars and stem won't make it feel so alien. then its just getting used to the headangle. though it won't be ridden much anyway as i'll be shreddin on my coyote

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: first thoughts on riding the LTF and second!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:22 PM »
right, i've now changed my bars and stem to what feels familiar to me and i have to say that this bike is pretty much perfect now. the front end has gone back to 34 inches in height and i've got the fantastic sweep of the T1 bars. its added about 7 ounces in weight to the front end aswell, not much but it does make the bike more stable and have a more even weight distibution overall. or maybe i'm analysing it too much.

anyway! it fookin rules! i fookin love it!

might be up for sale soon bill!

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 11:50 PM »
Glad your getting on with it  :daumenhoch:

i changed to new slam bars which have loads of sweep before i got my frame and they took longer to get used to compared to the frame once i actually swapped the frame over

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  first thoughts on riding the LTF

gfxgfx
gfx gfx