gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  NOT FREESTYLE BUT HELP WANTED ANYWAY, PLEASE READ......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NOT FREESTYLE BUT HELP WANTED ANYWAY, PLEASE READ......  (Read 926 times)

tommyshearing

NOT FREESTYLE BUT HELP WANTED ANYWAY, PLEASE READ......
« on: February 02, 2008, 12:31 AM »

Hi I have also posted this in the RACING section but know there are people who dont go in there as racing is not there thing so, please can the forum people leave this in here also, as it just a request to get RAD members to help out and hopefully get involved in a project which will leave a lasting legacy to BMX (hopefully).

RAD MEMBERS,

I saw very little about this on RAD, so I have decided to highlight to other RAD members, whats happening to re-bulid the old  South Woodham Warriors Track in (Essex) and put something back into the local and bmx  community. 

I am not the best person ask as I only found out about this this week, but will start turning up on saturdays to lend a hand, so I thought I'd let otherS know about it who might be interested in helping get more bmx facalitiies available for all ages.

Anyway in short volunteers are meeting over their every Saturday to clear the area and re-bulid the track.  The council have said yes to idea, but aren't putting any money in to it, leaving it up to the local and bmx community to do it.  Which to be fair is the right way to go, i.e. get proper support behind it, to prove it is here to stay.

For more info go to the FACEBOOK group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=7014068622

HERE IS NEWS ACCORDING TO THE FACEBOOK GROUP:

Scott, Lee and Paul to put forward plans to ECC to rejeuvenate the track. The Council plans to turn the area into Hockey, football and Rugby pitches. Council meeting on the 19th Nov for us to put our point across and show how many people are behind getting it up and running again...

3rd Dec. Lee, Ian, Nick, Matt and Scott met with the Council to further discuss the track and the dvelopment of the surrounding area. It seems the area isn't to be covered in Football pitches, and that it will genuinely be a multi activity facility. Great news. A football pitch, a rugby pitch, a hockey pitch (possibly surrounded by a road cycle / skate circuit),and dare I say the WW BMX site. I think due to the support we have received and also the press coverage, SWF Councillors agree that the track should remain, however we will continue to defend the tracks preservation. Thanks to all those who turned up, it's much appreciated.

7th Jan. Simon Croucher and myself met with the planning office of CBC to discuss some issues they had with the planning application for redveloping the track. Some interesting issues were raised here, namely the subject of wildlife present within the tracks confines, and also the layout of the track as it is, and as it will be. I believe we are moving forward on this, and I would like to thank Si for dropping work at the last minute and heading over to Chelmsford to meet myself and the planning Office. I think they aren't being petty and awkward, but just going through the formailities needed with a facility such as this.I will keep you updated on all the info I get from them.

10th Jan. Had a phonecall from a chap at BBC TV today; he had seen the story in the press, and was enquiring as to status of our application for the temporary license. I discussed the situation in depth with him, including some track history that has led us to be in this predicament, and he expressed an interest in us going on TV once the license is obtained! This is about as good as the publicity gets chaps!

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: NOT FREESTYLE BUT HELP WANTED ANYWAY, PLEASE READ......
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:56 PM »
Hi Tommy.
Is this Tom Shearing from Billericay by any chance???
 :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  NOT FREESTYLE BUT HELP WANTED ANYWAY, PLEASE READ......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx