gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 09:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  newbie saying hello
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: newbie saying hello  (Read 327 times)

hosburger

newbie saying hello
« on: January 31, 2008, 10:56 PM »
Hello. Just recently I stumbled across a worldwide passion for all that is old school bmx. I hadn't forgotten about bmx but just didn't know about all these sites like this one. It's amazing to find that now as a proper grown up I can maybe indulge myself with some of the 'works of art' I used to dream about.
Due to lack of family funds I was never given the chance to race but always knew I could have kicked ass ( bet we all thought that!), however I was lucky enough to have had a brand new ULtra Burner ( bought by me gran) which I eventually took all the parts from to put on an amazingly light second hand GT pro f&f. That bike was my pride and joy.
Anyway now I know this whole old school thing exists I plan to buy all the bikes I once dreamed of. Like the TA the spoilt kid near me had with top of the range everything ( I remember Graphite tuffs, handlebars with bendy ends, redline cranks, that bike had the lot - and he offered me it for £100 but my paper round money couldn't stretch to it.)
I am well keen to buy a JMC as this was the mutts nuts where I came from ( Southampton). What will I have to pay for a complete bike- or is old stuff only ever sold seperately?
Is there any sort of meetings around the Woking Guioldford area? Keen to get my nipper ( aged 4.5)into racing as father crimbo just bought him a micro mini Kuwahara!

Hope I haven't waffled too much, bit boozy.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: newbie saying hello
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 11:33 PM »
Welcome mate   :)

Yeah, you'll find it all on here - every wishlist part you ever dreamed of is here somewhere.  You'd best have big pockets though.......

Check out the racing section on here for local details, I haven't a clue myself   :-[

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Re: newbie saying hello
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:50 AM »
welcome to the madhouse!!!  :LolLolLolLol: :uglystupid2:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated: