gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 04:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  ***FOR SALE GUIDELINES***
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: ***FOR SALE GUIDELINES***  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
***FOR SALE GUIDELINES***
« on: February 13, 2008, 07:19 PM »
This has happened to me a couple of times of late and I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off with it to be fair.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before so if it has I apologise but can something be done about it please.

When I sell anything I always ask people to reply initially in the thread and then follow up with a PM to avoid any confusion. Then everyone else on the board can see who has given the first shout on an item. Can this be made standard practice please as again today I replied in a thread saying I would have something but because someone had not replied in the thread but sent a PM straight away I missed out, unfairly in my opinion.

It wasn't the person who was selling the stuff who was at fault but unfortunately he took the brunt of my frustration.

I'd really like to see something done about this as it's doing my head in a bit, I believe I'm not the only one too!

:rant:

Cheers.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: ***FOR SALE GUIDELINES***
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 07:35 PM »
Daz it's up to the seller who he/she sells to, nothing we can do about that i'm affraid.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Daz it's up to the seller who he/she sells to, nothing we can do about that i'm affraid.

I appreciate that mate but surely you could implement some kind of a guideline for selling/replying etc. As to which order to do it in to avoid situations like what's happened to me. It's a little unfair when you've said you will have something and then someone comes in through the back door and steels it from under your nose. Fair enough if I've said I'll have something but I haven't got the money for a week or so and someone comes up with the funds, fine, I wouldn't want something holding for me when I've not got the money and someone else has.

I understand you can't dictate who people sell their goods to but I'm sure something could be done to avoid further problems. Why not put it to a vote as I know I'm not the only one who has mentioned this before.

I'm sure by now you'll have realised I've got a bit of a Bee in my bonnet about this.  ::)

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 07:57 PM »
I don't blame you for getting the arse about it.

It's a problem that's come up many-many times before. Though believe me, even if we try to put it down as a guideline it's not going to solve it. Mates will still sell to mates, location location etc etc.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 08:03 PM »
I don't blame you for getting the arse about it.

It's a problem that's come up many-many times before. Though believe me, even if we try to put it down as a guideline it's not going to solve it. Mates will still sell to mates, location location etc etc.

Aye.....I know you're right......but I feel much better now I've had a good winge about it!

Cheers anyway.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 07:55 AM »

daz

the reason pm people is so no fooker knows what i am buying cos normally some fecker will constantly pm me telling me they need it or say i have to much stuff as it is, and its got feck all to do with anybody else what i buy 

:daumenhoch:

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 08:36 AM »
On the flip side it can be annoying when someone PMs first and then decides they don't want it.

So I do a  first come (and pay), first served basis.

:daumenhoch:

madmohican

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 05:01 PM »
This has happened to me a couple of times of late and I'm getting a bit pi$$ed off with it to be fair.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before so if it has I apologise but can something be done about it please.

When I sell anything I always ask people to reply initially in the thread and then follow up with a PM to avoid any confusion. Then everyone else on the board can see who has given the first shout on an item. Can this be made standard practice please as again today I replied in a thread saying I would have something but because someone had not replied in the thread but sent a PM straight away I missed out, unfairly in my opinion.

It wasn't the person who was selling the stuff who was at fault but unfortunately he took the brunt of my frustration.

I'd really like to see something done about this as it's doing my head in a bit, I believe I'm not the only one too!

:rant:

Cheers.

Cheer up Daz, come to Bradford on sunday and OGGLE at my TORKER. WOOOOOOOSSAAAAAAAAA!!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Forum  |  Q&A, Ideas & Feedback  |  ***FOR SALE GUIDELINES***

gfxgfx
gfx gfx