gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Widowmaker Identity STOLEN!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Widowmaker Identity STOLEN!  (Read 1085 times)

RyanPartridge

Widowmaker Identity STOLEN!
« on: January 29, 2008, 01:18 AM »
A guy in Austin TX has placed a Craigslist ad selling a "Widowmaker" and he boosted the description and parts list from mine on bmxmuseum!

http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/554796699.html

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/sandm/7421

I emailed him asking for the serial number but haven't got a reply yet...

RyanPartridge

Re: Widowmaker Identity STOLEN!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 01:49 AM »
The dude just emailed me back...

Instead of giving me the serial number, he just sent me the bmxmuseum link to MY widow and said, "Here you go, it looks just like this."

:laugh:

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 03:45 AM »
What a twat, send him a reply saying that's my bike mate. See what he says

RyanPartridge

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:27 PM »
What a twat, send him a reply saying that's my bike mate. See what he says

I did, but in a nice way. I'm still trying to get the serial number from him so we know it is a Widow.

I don't think he knows what he's got. Someone probably told him it was an S&M Widowmaker at some point, and before he goes to sell it he looks em up and mine popped up so he copied the description. For all he knows, Widowmakers were sold as complete bikes and they're all the same.

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 06:39 PM »
I bought a widow maker complete off craigslist about a year ago. It was a total gamble cos the guy had a list of parts but no photo. I think it was $300 so I just took a massive chance and went for it. He was in constant Email communication but was stalling big time. He was boxing it up, but the reason there were no pics was cos it was all in a box. Then he was trying to find the best way to ship it to me. This went on for a few weeks till I warned him that I was going to get Paypal to give me my money back. I logged a complaint and crossed my fingers, and a week or so later I got ALL my money back! I really didnt expect that, and I Emailed the dude to say thanks, and that I would still like the bike, but I heard nothing back.

I got away with that one, for sure!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Widowmaker Identity STOLEN!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx