gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Radlands Icepick pic by Coombes - 1995
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Radlands Icepick pic by Coombes - 1995  (Read 1248 times)

SaMAlex

Radlands Icepick pic by Coombes - 1995
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:26 PM »
I got sent this photo ages ago from Andy Coombes (of Lord Clothing). It was taken in 95/96 Id guess, at a contest at Radlands, Northampton. I’m just catching the bars during a barspin icepick on the mini ramp. Andy did some crazy stuff to the photo to make it distorted and partly coloured. There is a little hand written note on the photo.

My bike was fairly customised at that point. Here’s how it went down:

94 Dirtbike frame – Custom textured black powder coat.
Slam bars– cut down “dancing man’s”
Menstrual (“Stupid”) forks – canti mounts added
Menstrual 1” clamp on stem – Upside down cos they didn’t do rednecks for them yet
PE hubs on peregrine chrome rims – These were the first set of PE hubs and apart from the prototypes, the first LHD hub
Prince Albert cranks – hand painted red, fitted backwards for Left Hand drive
Redline flight ring – Holes added for sprocket pocket
4 spoke sprocket pocket – Home made from a chopping board, to fit flight ring
DX pedals, Shimano? – spindles swapped round cos of Left Hand drive
Homemade Ally/steel-sleeve pegs with forward facing chain tensioner built in (pre T1 pegs)
Homemade upper gyro cable splitter – all that was left from a Fishbone gyro
Primo V monster tyres
Front cantilever brake
Scott Motorcross grips
S&M top tube pad!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:06 PM by S&MAlex »

Lazarou

Re: Radlands Icepick pic by Coombes - 1995
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 10:53 AM »
Are the Coombes still doing the Lord thing? I see stuff on Ebay now and then.

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 07:13 PM »
Ive really no idea what the Coombes are doing now or what is going on with Lord. Ive not spoken to them for a long time. I imagine Gogo & Grant are still in touch with them.

I always got the feeling that the Coombes boys (and Lord) were more into skating than BMX, but I could have been wrong about that. They were well behind Ian Morris, Fids and Dan Price, so they were BMX too. I think they still have something to do with Dig too, but again, Im not sure.

Man, I am no help at all Im I? Come on, someone help me out here  :LolLolLolLol:

teamsano

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 12:20 AM »
yeah i heard from nick just before xmas. 4down got behind lord, but nothing ever came of it. although andy has some other things going on at the moment. think its him still selling nos stuff on ebay tho.

i found the biggest bag of mid school t's in the loft when i moved house this month!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Radlands Icepick pic by Coombes - 1995

gfxgfx
gfx gfx