gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 10:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  dp firebird freestyler colours
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dp firebird freestyler colours  (Read 2757 times)

Offline scott30

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
dp firebird freestyler colours
« on: January 27, 2008, 01:21 PM »
hi all gona be builing up a firebird freestyler and wanted to know wot colours they were bitd i had a chrome one and a mate had a white one these are the only colours ive seen does anyone know if there were any others colours they came in and can anyone tell me were i could get a frame chromed in the bristol area cheers scott :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: dp firebird freestyler colours
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:59 PM »
For chromers, look in this thread ... http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=24016.0

Colour wise I think they did a range of bright colours in the mid 80's but don't have any ads for them.  No harm in doing a custom colour that you like  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline scott30

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:30 PM »
thanks for the link to the chromers thread mate didnt relise how much it cost for chromeing so i think im just gona spray the frame instead cheers scott :daumenhoch:

b45t4rd

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Hi Scott, no scanner so dodgy photo!
 ;)

highrisedrifter

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 04:11 PM »
I remember that advert too. Great pic and well remembered  :daumenhoch:

You can copy that and blow it up to read the writing, just so people know.

b45t4rd

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 04:14 PM »

I'll have to borrow a scanner from my old man, he's into this computer stuff :LolLolLolLol:

highrisedrifter

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 04:18 PM »

I'll have to borrow a scanner from my old man, he's into this computer stuff :LolLolLolLol:

Sorry, i should have explained myself better. I meant, right click on the picture and choose 'copy image' or similar from the drop down and then paste it into your paint package of choice. It zooms in well enough to read the text.  :daumenhoch:

HRD

b45t4rd

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 04:21 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 04:50 PM »
The green looks good, very mid to late 80's  :daumenhoch:

I reckon a high gloss black one or candy red would look the dogs doodars  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline scott30

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 05:03 PM »
i was thinking of doing it either carnival red,peppermint green or signal yellow as its gona have white zytecs on it when finished what do you think have also got fluorescent pink but was gona do my mountain /jump bike that colour :daumenhoch:

Paulo

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 05:18 PM »

Well I've learned something today. Never know they did them in different colours. And are those seat posts in the advert? :shocked:

b45t4rd

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 05:22 PM »

Well I've learned something today. Never know they did them in different colours. And are those seat posts in the advert? :shocked:

The ad says you slip them over your seatpost to reinforce it to "reduce the risk of bends" :D

jackel

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 05:30 PM »

they dont the adverts for a refurb in them colours ;)

Paulo

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 05:36 PM »

So it is...if I bothered to read it I would have realised it. :uglystupid2:

btw Scott, Doug Tayler in Western Super Mare are good if you still want to go for the chrome, but I agree it's a bit expensive.

b45t4rd

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 06:15 PM »

they dont the adverts for a refurb in them colours ;)
You could get them in those colours, (top left of ad, crappy pic I know!) plus flouro yellow, but I 'm not sure if they were factory order only. BTW I've only seen the yellow on bars so feel free to ignore anything I've said, I'm drunk :D

lodge

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2008, 06:21 PM »
Pink, Green, Chrome, White and Smoked Chrome.

80sdave

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2008, 07:34 PM »
Check the prices out in that add £75 and £85 those definately were the days wish i bought 10 of them back then  :'(cant even find one now.

Paulo

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2008, 08:38 PM »

Smoked Chrome :shocked: :smitten:

But that looked the dogs. Any pics anyone?

lodge

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2008, 09:42 PM »
There is a pic somewhere on this site, It was bought as a kit it had F&F and brakes and cables, the cables were threaded through the frame, the decals and calipers were white, it wasnt very popular at the time people wanted bright colours or shiny chrome.

Paulo

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2008, 07:03 PM »

Searched the site hi and low for the pic of the smoked freestyler, but find it. :'(

macmark

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Didn't they do one in Bronze too? I think that came as the kit the Glyn Lewis model or something? I've got the ads somewhere I'll get the scanner on and have a look when I've finished my dinner. :)

Mark

lodge

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Pink, Green, Chrome, White and Smoked Chrome.

Sorry it was either smoked chrome or bronze they deffo didnt do both, i searched too but cant find it if you do a search for "DP Bronze" you will get some info.
The pic i seen on rad was a scan of the add, might even of been the pic of the day when i seen it.
I recall seeing one built up in the mags i think for a test, glyn lewis was riding it and it had white tuffs.

macmark

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2008, 01:07 AM »
Ok these are the ads I found. The coating was called Ni-Bronze and can be seen in the ad below that has the 'Research Developmant' title.

I've thumbnailed the scans because they are BIG! Just click on them to see them full size.

Mark

COZZFATHER

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2008, 01:47 PM »
I'M enjoying looking through old posts on FIREBIRDS and noticed this one, i just wanted to say other than you could have
custom colors redone by DP, i saw 2 types of green one Dayglo and one darker not dayglo, and the bronze ones were bronze  :D not the smoked chrome which is what i think they called NI Bronze.

i had one back in 85-86 and it looked brown from a distance but deffo bronze close up :)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 08:23 AM »
Visit Steve Firebirds site:

WWW.DPFIREBIRD.CO.UK

He's got all the info...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  dp firebird freestyler colours

gfxgfx
gfx gfx