gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  should i be worried yet ?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: should i be worried yet ?????  (Read 923 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
should i be worried yet ?????
« on: January 26, 2008, 01:06 PM »
On Wednesday i won this bike on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160200248704&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=006

I paid instantly and put a message in there, could he let me know when it is being collected. He replied with no worries will let you know and congratulations on the win. Thing is i haven't heard from him again as yet. I have sent two e-mails to him now, one through Ebay and one to his Email address.
After reading some stories of late, i'm now worried that something has gone wrong.

Am i just worrying over nothing at the moment or am i just being a bit too impatient. The guy has a 100% positive feedback aswell.

What should i do if the worse scenario happens, whenever i have bought before and paid instantly i have received the goods very shortly after.

Also, when i sell, i normally except a cheque, not paypal. What happens when somebody pays one of you guys paypal ??? Do you have to withdraw that money from the account to confirm the transaction.
My paypal account shows that i have paid the guy but i have had no money removed from my bank account to paypal as of yet.

Slightly confused and slightly worried.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: should i be worried yet ?????
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 01:24 PM »
I would not worry yet, but when I pay for something through Paypal it shows stright away so Im not sure what is going on there  :-\

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 01:34 PM »
I would not worry yet, but when I pay for something through Paypal it shows stright away so Im not sure what is going on there  :-\

Thats the thing though Chris, when you receive payment through paypal, do you have to actually draw the funds yourself for it be removed from the account or is it instant. If he hasn't been in to his paypal account to withdraw funds, will it still be sitting there waiting for him to trigger the transaction ????

Never had this problem before, that is if it is a problem.

spesh

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 01:36 PM »
the seller has not recieved one of those stupid e-cheques has he?

Dhillon

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Give it a week, the auction finished at 7pm on the 23rd , and the seller has quoted delivery as 48hrs & he's based in Scotland!! So sit tight.

Strange that, your paypal should be credited from your bank account within 7-9 days and then the fund's debited from your paypal account into sellers' immediately.

No idea what's going on there. Suggest you get in touch with Paypal, not the 'brightest' kids on the block :uglystupid2:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2008, 01:46 PM »

Dont know mate, i cant get in touch with him at the moment. I've paid through paypal loads of times and haven't done anything different this time.

Give it a week, the auction finished at 7pm on the 23rd , and the seller has quoted delivery as 48hrs & he's based in Scotland!! So sit tight.

Strange that, your paypal should be credited from your bank account within 7-9 days and then the fund's debited from your paypal account into sellers' immediately.

So, forgive me for being a bit thick here, It should show on my bank statements after 7-9 days ???   Like i have posted above, i have done nothing different to what i normally do and also my paypal account on Ebay is showing in clear  detail that i have paid in full.

Dhillon

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2008, 01:52 PM »

Dont know mate, i cant get in touch with him at the moment. I've paid through paypal loads of times and haven't done anything different this time.

So, forgive me for being a bit thick here, It should show on my bank statements after 7-9 days ???   Like i have posted above, i have done nothing different to what i normally do and also my paypal account on Ebay is showing in clear  detail that i have paid in full.

Funds transferred from your bank account to your Paypal account take 7-9 days to transfer across.

The transfer will show up on your bank account statement.

Check your paypal account. You say the funds have cleared into his account, so your fine. Should this transaction go 'tits-up', your covered by Paypal protection.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 02:01 PM »
Cheers Dhillon, i have phoned paypal and they have confirmed everything that you have just posted, basically the guy has received the money and it will show on my own back account after 7-9 days.

I hope it dont go tits up mate despite being covered by paypal.

Hopefully i'm worrying over nothing and the guy is just on the razzle this weekend.

Cheers again mate.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2008, 05:13 PM »
At least its in the uk , and if it does go bad you ll have a better chance of sorting it(which i hope it dont and everything is fine 4 ya)un like that buttplug heath mchaffrey(stay calm, no rage , it ll pass ) who had me 4 300 sheets and a few others, its probably something of nothing, just give it a bit of time :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 07:43 PM »
Woo Hoo, finally got a reply from the guy, it was collected today and will be with me within 48hrs.

Panic over, i might get some sleep now. Do i worry about things or what. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 08:00 PM »
Woo Hoo, finally got a reply from the guy, it was collected today and will be with me within 48hrs.

Panic over, i might get some sleep now. Do i worry about things or what. :LolLolLolLol:

:daumenhoch: happy 4 ya :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  should i be worried yet ?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx