gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Maddest Rider You Rode With!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Maddest Rider You Rode With!  (Read 6746 times)

Longun

Re: Maddest Rider You Rode With!
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 03:15 PM »
:) A guy called TC and also Matt Bain,Harrow skatepark 1983-both mental!

I remember Matt's skating. Mental style, always on the sketchiest edge of stacking but somehow managing to make it more times than not. 

oldskoolsux

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 05:03 PM »
Nick Cox - Doesn't give a fook on or off the bike
Fids - Shady style and does stuff you shouldn't with that style

welsh denny

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 06:02 PM »
I'm sure many of us remember the exploits of Mr Erice Steele but who was the maddest rider you rode with bitd.

Mine was me old mate Dave Slade, mad a fook he was, Eric got more coverage but Dave was just as mad, if not madder. His attempted pop out on to the balcony at Holeshot was legendary! I've seen him attempt things most people wouldn't even dream of trying and what makes it madder is he would come out completely un-scathed!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

even though i didn't know dave slade i can recall him at the cardiff national having a bad run on ramps. looked like he was trying to make up for this by pelting towards the 1/4 and spinning a 540 at 6/7 ft out. he span and hit around 720 degrees before his skyway tuff shattered into a thousand pieces on the floor. and he walked away while the crowd ran and took bits of broken skyway as a souveneir.

dennis wingham is another fruitcake. always the showman and never walk away from it. hobble or stretcher seems the way with dennis. a good guy to be around as he used to frequent newport when he was seeing a girl i knew while making 'TIDY' . no hand 360 flips were on his wanted list back then (1998) as well as many other deadly tricks.

lodge

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 06:47 PM »
Denny its funny i had a long conversation with flatcap on saturday re Dave Slade and some of the crazy things he did you always knew when it was his run he was gonna do something mental. He was also a very nice bloke.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 08:55 PM »
He was also a very nice bloke.

I'll second that Steve, lovely fella, one of the best!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Arma

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 09:30 PM »
MARCO  was and prob still one crazy mexican,  end of.... but does ridng with taj, hickerson, arron ross, and most of the V-Club boys count . not forgetting Dan Purcell my good mate well i think he is as he still puts silly ideas in my head and makes me do retarded shite that i dont wanna do cheers dan 30 years of beeing an idiot..,, in a good way that is.
and i would have to say nowadays its the Stuntman himself  not a day of riding goes by where i think " shit man thats fugged up"  cheers bill if only everyone applied themselves like that  , we wouldnt be talking shit on here haha
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:49 PM by Arma »

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 09:34 PM »
eeeeeeeeeerrrr,......

some kid called Craig Campbell ?

not sure if anyone's heard of him mind !  :LolLolLolLol:

not exactly mad, in the insane sense of the word, but a bit tricky on a bicycle
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 10:19 AM »
oberonspacefruit .......Your defo gonna see some hard slams with that fella  ;D
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

dodgydave

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2008, 10:50 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^  him round rivvy....... :idiot2:...... :daumenhoch:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2008, 11:03 AM »
John Lee, he was a complete nutter.  I didn't specifically ride with him though :).  His mum & dad owned Chorley race track and John would be at most other races we went to, as well.  He used to race Alan Woods all the time, I think.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2008, 08:47 PM »
I remember John Lee, raced him at Eastway in 1981, He got second to Andy Ruffell and I made third :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2008, 11:44 PM »
didn't ride with anyone bitd as i was too young but the maddest i've rode with has to be either jimmy levan. that guy tore up derby in the late 90's. ruben alcantara, rode with him a few times, derby, birmingham, and coventry and we all know he's a loon on a bike. lastly gary young, rides at everything at 400mph slams hard, gets up laughing, wins everything because he's frickin awesome. nice bloke too!

PaulM

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Gotta be Dennis Wingham for me, blokes a nutter, always was and still is!

Cheers

Paul

welsh denny

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2008, 10:43 PM »
just remembered another mad rider i rode with on occasions.  DANGEROUS BRIAN- aka james sumner from the isle of wight.   DJ will confirm that Brian was MAD and some of the stacks he walked away from should not be possible.

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2008, 11:45 PM »
 scary boy (mark whitfield) rode radlands vert brakeless around 94

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48 PM »

Is he any relation to me, my surnames Whitfield  :LolLolLolLol:

Not many of us about.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Lazarou

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2008, 12:08 AM »
Hands down Jon Pratt.  Mad rider and even madder human being!

welsh denny

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2008, 09:50 PM »

how did i forget about young scary boy. known mark since 1993 and rode together for many years especially when i was making bcr on the vcr and tidy. actually mark has featured in half & half 3-deja vu i made in 1993 also. definate roll the dice when mark rode.

se

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Welsh Denny? Tell me you are not the same Denny who used to knock about with that Pritchard fiend at the mini ramp down near Cardiff prison and the law courts?

« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2008, 10:48 PM »
I often wish, thinking back, that I'd been a bit madder myself.  I was pretty decent at the old freestyle - no contests or owt - but I never pushed it as hard as I should have.  Still remember a guy I rode with, after we'd built a nice quarter ('bout 7 1/2 feet high, 6" of vert) getting totally frustrated with me.  I could pop out and drop in but my airs were always lip-level.  He was shouting at me, " Just drive out the fooking top!  You know how to air, go faster and drive out! "  LOL, I was a wooss...

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2008, 10:58 PM »
Actually, I'm far madder on me mountain bike these days than I ever was on me bmx.  North shore and pretty big jumps, that sort of thing.  Even did the shed jump out in Morzine last summer, though tbh that is an over-rated piece o' piss.

Just have that, ' well ya only live once, ya might as well go for it ', mentality now which I never had way back when.

welsh denny

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 12:38 AM »
Welsh Denny? Tell me you are not the same Denny who used to knock about with that Pritchard fiend at the mini ramp down near Cardiff prison and the law courts?

yep, the very same.

. but who's you??

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Actually, I'm far madder on me mountain bike these days than I ever was on me bmx. 

Reminds me of Tony Law, he was mad in the early 80s but a complete nutcash on his Enduro nowadays, lol... I know I've seen the scars!

chrome andy

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2008, 01:54 AM »
james mulbey...proof that you can still be a lil crazy without leavin the ground

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2008, 03:21 AM »

yep, the very same.

. but who's you??

See mate...your famous  :coolsmiley: :2funny: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Maddest Rider You Rode With!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx