gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 05:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who'd you like to see get back on a BMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Who'd you like to see get back on a BMX  (Read 11908 times)

Trev

Re: Who'd you like to see get back on a BMX
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2008, 02:14 PM »
I heard that on that tour RW was asked to tone it down as EF was supposed to be the star of the show.
I remember watching RW doing the 1 hand no footers. That must have been about 1984.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2008, 02:17 PM »
I heard that on that tour RW was asked to tone it down as EF was supposed to be the star of the show.
I remember watching RW doing the 1 hand no footers. That must have been about 1984.

I think John Povah was pulling those around 84/85 at the ramp at Bosie too, although it might have been 85/86 but close  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2008, 04:56 PM »
 good thread.

but Ron wilkerson is still riding..   
There used to be  a Vans skatepark near me before they closed it. .  One night a bloke quietly  turns up with his bike, gets on the halfpipe and blast a few large airs...   

it was ron wilkerson.   How cool is that?

I wasn't there that week :(   I'd love to have met him.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2008, 05:48 PM »
What's a Ruff Hop?

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2008, 05:53 PM »
I mentioned it in another post about RW still riding, that's what made me think about putting this post up. I was pretty sure he still was.

Sad to here about EF being such a whinger, I thought he was cooler that that Andy.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Trev

« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2008, 05:56 PM »
What's a Ruff Hop?

Front hops on the platform.  Basically a nose pick with front hops.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2008, 06:00 PM »
They called front hops Ruff Hops?

FFS................  ::)

rosscoe

« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2008, 06:00 PM »
I did a show with EF on the world tour in Nottingham  :angel: and, beleive it or not, was getting higher than him on the 1/4 pipes.  ::)  Now I was never particularly good in the air, but just so happens he was having an off day. It was ace. Remember the whole crowd chanting my name!  :smitten: hahahaaa. awesome. that didnt happen very often though   :'(

Trev

« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2008, 06:06 PM »

was probably the most difficult platform trick at the time. andy ruffell first did this in 1985.

lodge

« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2008, 06:15 PM »

Sounds confusing I know, but AR named the quater pipe trick "Ruff hops" i.e popping out onto front wheel doing front hops and dropping back in off front wheel basically a nose pick with hops, if he was doing front hops on the flat he called them front hops.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2008, 11:13 PM »
Whilst most of you know I have no time for him, I've got to say that one of the raddest things I've seen (especially considering the year) was Andy Ruffell front hopping all the way down the slope at Rom, over to the pool, onto the coping, and straight in.  Ballsy as fcuk.

1983 probably.

Arma

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2008, 10:32 PM »
i heard last year Mike D was riding some old school thing that Hoffman put together , apart from that its Colin Winkleman all the way  ...  Dead or not ..

selfpreservation

« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2008, 01:48 AM »
id like to see nicole kidman back on a bmx . come to think about it ,id like to give nicole kidman a backy to the shops on my tricknuts

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2008, 12:51 AM »
id like to see nicole kidman back on a bmx . come to think about it ,id like to give nicole kidman a backy to the shops on my tricknuts

leave me out of this... :LolLolLolLol:

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

Trev

« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2008, 12:54 AM »

leave me out of this... :LolLolLolLol:

come on Ross, you couldn't turn down an offer like that could ya?

yoda

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Dont know why its took me so long to answer this one but.... I'd love it if Steve Laidlaw got back on a bike as it'd give me someone to ride vert with again  ::)

rosscoe

« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2008, 05:24 PM »
awesome combi that, from times gone by...........

jedi

« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2008, 06:20 PM »
i rode with neil ruffell early 80's at what we called the queensway track and tatum park(quarter next to youth club in a park)etc...never knew he died til 2yrs ago.

:(

madall

« Reply #68 on: February 05, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Glynn Lewis, Rode with him a couple of time bitd  "Awesome 9ft Airs at the park in Gillingham Kent made to look easy"

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2008, 06:32 AM »
I bet he's still got his DP lying around at home somewhere. He was still riding in the mid/late 90s, had a couple of sessions with him at Rom and Leigh on Sea.

No idea what he's doing now though.

JT71

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2008, 08:14 AM »
I wanna see the big man above get back on his bike!  :daumenhoch:

but not before the doc says so.

might have to see a quack meself, done me knee snowboarding. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. and it ain't getting any better.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2008, 10:45 AM »
Awww.....shucks.....  cheers buddy!

Tell Dr. TwoBob abour your knee.

oldschool rider

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2008, 02:24 PM »
ME! Heehee!
But seriously, I've been watching a lot of the old Dominguez stuff lately and he was just nuts. 540 canyons at the Velodrome 4-5 feet out 20 years ago; the guy had serious balls and talent.
Neil Ruffell would be a definite if he were still here or Craig Campbell, and I totally agree with the Stephen Murray comment.
I'm a bit out of touch as to who IS and ISN'T riding now, so this is a hard question for me.
I'd like to see my mate Michael Reilly start again so I had someone to ride with!
If I think of some better answers, I'll post again.

Michael Reilly - Maybe you should have bought him a bmx then G instead of a cruiser....... Just keep pestering him and he'll buy a bike and go riding, He was talking to me lastyear about buying a new bike, He liked the Blackpearl..............

My Choices: UK - Andy Burke (Get yourself fixed Andy) & Craig Campbell.

US - Sir Bob Haro & Eddie Fiola.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2008, 11:44 AM »
ME! Heehee!
But seriously, I've been watching a lot of the old Dominguez stuff lately and he was just nuts. 540 canyons at the Velodrome 4-5 feet out 20 years ago; the guy had serious balls and talent.
Neil Ruffell would be a definite if he were still here or Craig Campbell, and I totally agree with the Stephen Murray comment.
I'm a bit out of touch as to who IS and ISN'T riding now, so this is a hard question for me.
I'd like to see my mate Michael Reilly start again so I had someone to ride with!
If I think of some better answers, I'll post again.

Michael Reilly - Maybe you should have bought him a bmx then G instead of a cruiser....... Just keep pestering him and he'll buy a bike and go riding, He was talking to me lastyear about buying a new bike, He liked the Blackpearl..............

My Choices: UK - Andy Burke (Get yourself fixed Andy) & Craig Campbell.

US - Sir Bob Haro & Eddie Fiola.

Gettin' Mic a CRUISER was supposed to get him ridin' SOMETHING, then hopefully he'd choose a 20 incher himself, but it hasn't happened. (Much like his "snowboarding", he talks a good game , but never delivers....) Gettin a freestyle bike is a personal choice - not somethin someone else can do 4 u.
Andy Burke needs new hips b4 he can get back on a bike - he's buggered them!

oldschool rider

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2008, 12:08 PM »
I am aware that Andy needs new hips that's why I said (Get yourself fixed Andy) and I also know buying a BMX is a personal thing but no need to take everything so serious Mr F.

P.S - Hope you have a great time at OLD FOOLS and don't over do it.

Speak to you soon,
S.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Who'd you like to see get back on a BMX

gfxgfx
gfx gfx