gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 02:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyways difference - New and Old
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyways difference - New and Old  (Read 692 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Skyways difference - New and Old
« on: January 25, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Just got some blue skyways from Coz, lovely they are too, but close up they look more woven? These are the brand new type in Blue, not the old skyways and there seems a difference. The older type look more solid in terms of the way its put together i.e. looks more like smooth plastic, whereas the new type looks more woven up close, like you can actually see the nylon fabric! I don't think this is a one off i.e. the pair Coz sold me  ;) as I've seen this before on a Green set.

Is there a major difference in the way that they are manufactured now compared to the past?

Has anyone seen this on their old and new sets?

Thoughts please...   :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:35 AM by Swivel »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Skyways difference - New and Old
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 11:36 AM »
not sure i noticed with my lads new black ones......although one reason could be that the older ones of had 20+ years of scrubbing and cleaning which may make them look slightly more solid as far as colour goes, from my experience though Blue seemed to be one of the worst colours as far as fading went?

My lads ones look just the same though in my oppinion?  maybe wrong though mate  :-\

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 11:38 AM »
Pickle, I think in black that you may be able to get away with it but Blue or any other lighter colours you can actually see a texture on the wheels, like its woven!? Or am I totally wrong here .... Coz we need a chat  :2funny: (only kidding dude)  :daumenhoch:

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 11:53 AM »
Aren't they supposed to be from the same mould than BITD, like Munners posted a while back?

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 11:54 AM »
I have a few old pairs and the lighter colours have that woven effect so they must be manufactured the same way.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 11:56 AM »
Thanks for the heads up Del  :daumenhoch:. I will try and get a picture of these up later on so people can see what I'm talking about though...

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Didn't the dude from ColoredTuffs post up a thread about this a short while back in response to the a similar question?  They are still using the same moulding machinery from bitd  :daumenhoch:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyways difference - New and Old

gfxgfx
gfx gfx