gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Selling stuff
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Selling stuff  (Read 1251 times)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Selling stuff
« on: January 23, 2008, 01:48 PM »
While I understand that something needed to be done to sort the messers out. I am not sure its a great Idea to stop all the non sale related replies going in the For Sale threads.

It will turn in to a ghost town. Half the fun of selling on here is the banter in the threads.

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Re: Selling stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 01:49 PM »
ditto wot he said  :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:01 PM »
here here. ;)

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Plenty of other areas on ther forum for chit chat , and the for sale area is for sales of parrts , so many peeps were getting pissed off we felt the need to do something

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 02:07 PM »
No more crazycraig big eyed piccys, not the same , i agree that it should nt turn into another thread, but friendly banter'some peeps get slated for putting up "offers" in the for sale section and when you do put a price up , you get pm s  saying would you accept or ill give ya  anyways, Is this classed as messers , i dont think so , its all part of it. If this is the way ya wanna go with it dont bother having replies in the for sale section you just pm the person , but wouldnt that be dull

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 02:09 PM »
Plenty of other areas on ther forum for chit chat , and the for sale area is for sales of parrts , so many peeps were getting pissed off we felt the need to do something

must say, I have to agree with Rich on this one !  ::)

(Although I have been guilty of 'banter' on the For Sale section in the past !)  ;)  :-[
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

munners

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 02:12 PM »
I agree that hijacking threads is a pain in the ass.  ;)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 02:16 PM »
I agree with Rich to, it was getting stupid in the for sale bit and there were more and more idiots coming out the woodwork.

I am well happy that someone other than me was feeling that way and that someone thought that things needed to be changed.

My only concern is that it will end up lifeless like Ebay.

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 02:17 PM »
as i said , simple , just remove replies on for sale, if your interested pm, that way no more hijacking  etc

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 02:17 PM »
No more crazycraig big eyed piccys, not the same , i agree that it should nt turn into another thread, but friendly banter'some peeps get slated for putting up "0ff-ers" in the for sale section and when you do put a price up , you get pm s  saying would you accept or ill give ya  anyways, Is this classed as messers , i dont think so , its all part of it. If this is the way ya wanna go with it dont bother having replies in the for sale section you just pm the person , but wouldnt that be dull

hmm, Craig's Crazy Eye's have been done to death now surely ! (Cue the Eyes ! LOL !!)  :shocked:

I'd say there should be 3 ways of selling stuff;

i) FIXED PRICE
ii) NAMED PRICE - o.n.o.
iii) SEALED BIDS - PM'ed to the Seller within 24 hours

Option 3 would the be a good way to get a fair deal if you don't know the value of a part IMO......? (eliminates the issue of '0ff-ers' offending anyone?)

and Hijackers will be SHOT !  :2gunsfiring_v1:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 02:21 PM »
Can we not have it that you moderate your own For Sale threads.

If you post it up then its down to you what is in it. That way you could get rid of people who you feel are messing you about, you could delete the jackers if they were annoying you and if people tried to jump in and say stuff like "I have one of those, £10 cheaper than Bigdog" you could kick them out to  ;)

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 02:24 PM »

you know, there are OTHER sections on the site....bmx racing, videos, lounge etc......
I want to touch ORB

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 02:24 PM »

you know, there are OTHER sections on the site....bmx racing, videos, lounge etc......

Is that a dig coz i sell a lot?  :2funny:

JT71

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 02:25 PM »
banter is good, "FoR Sale Bits to make your eyes water - a pic of some onions" is not. it's sh1t.  ;D

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 02:26 PM »
No more crazycraig big eyed piccys, not the same , i agree that it should nt turn into another thread, but friendly banter'some peeps get slated for putting up "0ff-ers" in the for sale section and when you do put a price up , you get pm s  saying would you accept or ill give ya  anyways, Is this classed as messers , i dont think so , its all part of it. If this is the way ya wanna go with it dont bother having replies in the for sale section you just pm the person , but wouldnt that be dull

hmm, Craig's Crazy Eye's have been done to death now surely ! (Cue the Eyes ! LOL !!)  :shocked:

I'd say there should be 3 ways of selling stuff;

i) FIXED PRICE
ii) NAMED PRICE - o.n.o.
iii) SEALED BIDS - PM'ed to the Seller within 24 hours

Option 3 would the be a good way to get a fair deal if you don't know the value of a part IMO......? (eliminates the issue of '0ff-ers' offending anyone?)

and Hijackers will be SHOT !  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Your Option 3 should be ..............

offers in excess of £?

At least then everyone has a guide  ;)

If you're really not sure about value then ebay it & put link in For Sale .

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 02:26 PM »
anyhows im off to go and buy a roll of lead now for tomorrow, fooking price of it, i ll leave ya s to it then, ive noticed already that some stuffs been removed and similar stuff has nt will this cause friction

munners

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 02:27 PM »

Your Option 3 should be ..............

0ff-ers in excess of £?

At least then everyone has a guide  ;)

If you're really not sure about value then ebay it & put link in For Sale .
[/quote]

thats what i think.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 02:29 PM »

Is that a dig coz i sell a lot?  :2funny:

I dont know what you have sold.......or havn't........

what i do know is that people are getting royally fooked off with people arsing about in for sales threads, and have complained about it. Members have left over it, which to be fair is their problem, but when you maybe desperate to gather funds for your new project and your reluctantly selling stuff, the last thing you need is 8 pages of twaddle, putting off possible buyers.

If it were up to me, i wouldnt even have a for sale section.
I want to touch ORB

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 02:29 PM »
i'll be honest and say that i hate the whole offers thing, i'd say that 99% of regulars on here know what their stuff is worth (or what they want for it) my view is if you really don't know what something is worth then you do 1 of 2 things........PM a few people and do some research into the current prices, or stick it straight on ebay if you want to get people bidding on the item.

I had some bars i was selling not long ago, i had an idea of there worth but sent a few PM's out and got it confirmed before i stuck them up with a price.

it's amazing that you see things up with offers under them, then after a few people ask for a price you see a reply from the seller saying any offers over £xxx......so they set a kind of reserve.  leave it for ebay not RAD, if you're selling on here then sell at a price and honour your sale, don't tell someone you'll let them have something then go back on it and bay it or sell it to someone else because they've offered you £50 more.

there i feel better now  :rant:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 02:31 PM »
banter is good, "FoR Sale Bits to make your eyes water - a pic of some onions" is not. it's sh1t.  ;D

An instance of "banter" recently though had a member trying to sell a rare coloured headset with replies saying it was too expensive , if it's too expensive then don't buy it , SIMPLE ! . No need to post if you think it's out of your price range , if I'm not really into a bike built by a member I don't post saying that looks sh1t , I just don't post - EASY ! .

If something is truly too expensive then I'm sure the member will work that out when it does'nt sell  ::) .    

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2008, 02:33 PM »
i ll leave ya s to it then, ive noticed already that some stuffs been removed and similar stuff has nt will this cause friction

and therefore people will complain.

Then we try to sort the problems out.

thats the process, and thats what your seeing.

sorry to be sharp, but there are a lot of people with a lot of opinions and it is impossible to please all the people all the time, even if we had the time or inclinanation to do so.

I want to touch ORB

highrisedrifter

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 02:42 PM »
it's amazing that you see things up with 0ff-ers under them, then after a few people ask for a price you see a reply from the seller saying any 0ff-ers over £xxx......so they set a kind of reserve.  leave it for ebay not RAD, if you're selling on here then sell at a price and honour your sale, don't tell someone you'll let them have something then go back on it and bay it or sell it to someone else because they've offered you £50 more.

there i feel better now  :rant:

That exact thing happened to me recently on here.

I'm not going to bother with anything that has off-ers on it again. Price or Ebay please.

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 02:43 PM »
You should be sharp, you got to look after the site and keep it going the best you can. If people are moaning about something then your right to act  :daumenhoch:
You can not keep everyone happy though and never will be able to. I was not having a dig, just questioning was that the best way to do it, trying to make a suggestion for another option and worrying that it might die if it becomes lifeless.

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 02:49 PM »
I didnt take it as a dig mate.

just letting people know the same problems have surfaced before, and they are dealt with, then with the influx of new members as the site grows things have to be revisited to keep the status quo on the "half full" side of things.

Of course ideas are welcome, but remember its a site run by enthusiasts, a free site, and when somthing is suggested or changed its for a good reason, that has usually resulted from feedback from the members. :daumenhoch:
I want to touch ORB

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 03:11 PM »
I just put some stuff up in the for-sale section, with a price but also said i'm open to offers on this stuff as I have no idea whatsoever about how much mid-school stuff is worth but at least there is a price and people will know to offer under that. I must admit, some of the for-sale threads have been crazy and stupidly long and may have well been moved to bmx-chat or the lounge. I'm sure the threads that get out of hand could potential ruin purchases...  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Selling stuff

gfxgfx
gfx gfx