gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 03:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Crank ID
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Crank ID  (Read 545 times)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Crank ID
« on: January 25, 2008, 10:33 AM »
Any idea what year?

dialledbikes

Re: Crank ID
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Those came out after the the GT stamped Profile made cranks, so probably late 90s.  I think they were called Power Series cranks.

I think there were 2 types:  a high end crank and a less expensive version (like Redline does now with Flights and Prolines).

Those look like the less expensive version as the high end versions looked more tubular.  Got any pics of the back of the arm or the whole set?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 03:36 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 03:43 PM »
Thank you sir.

The backs have "TH Industries" written on them, I checked them out and they make high end mountain bike stuff.
I thought they were cheap cranks when i first saw them as they are looses bearing but the quality of the arms is really good.

I'll try and get a pic of the rest

muddstud

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 03:45 PM »
I am gutted    >:(      i really thought there was going to be a picture of my old bird and i could tell you her name

dialledbikes

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 04:10 PM »
If they have a loose bearing BB, they're almost definitely the less expensive version as the higher version will have had sealed BBs.

You'll know a high end set when you see them as they look similar, but better quality and more tubular.

I remember them quite well as they looked great but weren't around for long (a couple of years) as GT went under shortly after.

gossa

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 07:19 PM »
TH Make a lot of cranks for a lot of people, some good stuff and some crappy stuff as well.  Wouldn't say that they are a high end MTB manufacturer at all. Just for info, not trying to piss on your cranks mate.

Looks quite mid range to me.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Crank ID

gfxgfx
gfx gfx