gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 09:14 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  somewhere to ride
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: somewhere to ride  (Read 938 times)

80sdave

somewhere to ride
« on: March 03, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Im gonna start racing this year hopefully os series and live in harrow middlesex does anyone know of good places to ride during the week eg tracks i need to get a bit of practice in but at present cant do weekends and would prefer somewhere where im not getting lapped by 5 year olds as this does make me feel like im to old cheers for any ideas.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: somewhere to ride
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Hayes is probably your nearest track, www.hawksbmx.co.uk for details  :daumenhoch:

LMK if you are going to ride there as I'm not far away and would be happy to go for a pootle round the track  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:49 PM »
 :) I lived nearby in Canons Park,then Golders Green.Apparently there are some decent sized trails in Finchley N12,but the builders are keeping the location under wraps....

80sdave

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Can you ride hayes during the week or is it all locked up, thought it might be a little to hard to get round but be a giggle i suppose.
Probably be toward the end of the month Marty so ill let you know nearer the time when i work out what day's im off as for the finchley trails their are some near me all hidden away but they scare the shite out of me just walking next to them at about 10ft tall with huge gaps between them sod that ill stick to flat land.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Can you ride hayes during the week or is it all locked up, thought it might be a little to hard to get round but be a giggle i suppose.
Probably be toward the end of the month Marty so ill let you know nearer the time when i work out what day's im off as for the finchley trails their are some near me all hidden away but they scare the shite out of me just walking next to them at about 10ft tall with huge gaps between them sod that ill stick to flat land.

hayes is on public land so is accessible all the time  >:D

80sdave

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 10:07 PM »
That's cool i know their is a track at pinkwell park in hayes bit ropey though last time i went their (8 years) their were more burnt out motors than berms but hayes hawks looks jublee ill contact them and double check we can just turn up and ill pm ya to work somthing out. :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 10:12 PM »
That's cool i know their is a track at pinkwell park in hayes bit ropey though last time i went their (8 years) their were more burnt out motors than berms but hayes hawks looks jublee ill contact them and double check we can just turn up and ill pm ya to work somthing out. :daumenhoch:

Cool, I am only 10 miles away and the new one is off the Dawley Road at Lake Farm  :daumenhoch:.

Lee Shurey

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Let me know when your going down there Dave im only 3 miles from hayes
do ya ever go to harrow skatepark for a rip might go down there next week

80sdave

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Yeah i havent ridden their for a while but my son is down their all the time but im gonna build up a new park bike shortly so i will ride their soon. Anyone up for riding etc send me your email address and ill call everyone at the same time.

Longun

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 10:38 AM »
I just had a thought. Marty, you're still West Drayton way. Does this still exist down the bottom of Porter's Way (where it joins with Lavendar Rise)

Don't think it's a track as such but some smaller jumps suitable for OS practice.

Lee Shurey

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 04:52 PM »
Yes Longun spot on mate i think thats still there

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 06:25 PM »
Yes Longun spot on mate i think thats still there

Yep but surrounded by chavs and other not very nice foreign people, well it is West Drayton  :LolLolLolLol:

Lee Shurey

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 08:08 PM »
Marty ya snob ;D

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Marty ya snob ;D

Too many years hanging around that town does it to you  :LolLolLolLol:

80sdave

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 10:15 PM »
isn't that pinkwell park , looks just like the place i went covered in old cars and dirty needles etc not far from west drayton high street i think.
You wouldn't get that sort of thing in harrow dont you know fnar fnar. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 08:33 AM »
isn't that pinkwell park , looks just like the place i went covered in old cars and dirty needles etc not far from west drayton high street i think.
You wouldn't get that sort of thing in harrow dont you know fnar fnar. :LolLolLolLol:

Nah, it's at the bottom of Porters Way just past the NATS centre  :daumenhoch:

80sdave

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Porters way thats the one, i have been their dont know why i keep thinking pinkwell park, the jumps were well small etc and more stones than anything else that picture must be well old as it looks really nice then.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2008, 09:33 PM »
Porters way thats the one, i have been their dont know why i keep thinking pinkwell park, the jumps were well small etc and more stones than anything else that picture must be well old as it looks really nice then.

The jumps used to be huge but the local chavs used to ride crossers and quads over it wearing them right down; I remember getting chased by them because me a couple of mates tried riding over there.  Mad as being chased up Porters Way by a 12yo on a quad bike, up and down the kerbs and in and out of the parked cars  :LolLolLolLol:

80sdave

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 03:39 PM »
should have bought one of those paintballing tanks and shot the f~~kers.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  somewhere to ride

gfxgfx
gfx gfx