gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 09:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help needed please.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help needed please.  (Read 681 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Help needed please.
« on: January 20, 2008, 04:39 PM »
Hi guys, help needed please on this bike.

It was salvaged from the local dump and hopefully my son will start racing it.  Can anyone tell me exactly what BMX it is.  It has Huffy pedals on it, so it may be one of these.

Also i want to remove the giro stem and bars and fit a new headset with a new stem. The brakes will also need replacing as they dont work at all. Does anyone know what crank it is, there are no clues at all.
 Are the headsets a standard size to all bikes????

Piccys below....

Also does anyone have any black bits that would fit this, headset, bars and a rear brake including lever.

Cheers guys

Andy.
Cheers chaps.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Help needed please.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 04:52 PM »
i think it is a huffy!

they did a really budget bike a couple of years ago £120 i think. it was an awful thing! looks like its got a few added extras on it now though!

if its racing you want to get him doing, no offence but i'd put it back where you found it

Lazarou

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 04:56 PM »
I wouldn't say it needs new brakes, maybe just cables and a clean up and re-grease. Same with the stem.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 04:59 PM »
i think it is a huffy!

they did a really budget bike a couple of years ago £120 i think. it was an awful thing! looks like its got a few added extras on it now though!

if its racing you want to get him doing, no offence but i'd put it back where you found it

Cheers mate, he's got to start somewhere though and i'd rather he wrecked this than a decent bike that cost a couple of quid. Also if he really enjoys the racing scene then we can progress on to better rides.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 05:03 PM »
I wouldn't say it needs new brakes, maybe just cables and a clean up and re-grease. Same with the stem.

Can that stem be used then mate if i remove the giro from it ????  Also are the brakes race legal ???

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 05:08 PM »
stem can be used but just use a spacer to take up the slack once the giro plate is removed
new cables would sort them out
and race legal as long as he's not racing old gits skool

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 05:12 PM »
i think it is a huffy!

Cheers mate, he's got to start somewhere though and i'd rather he wrecked this than a decent bike that cost a couple of quid. Also if he really enjoys the racing scene then we can progress on to better rides.

sorry! that last bit came out a bit wrong! i just remember the amount that used to come back with problems. your absolutely right though. better to trash that first and progress

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help needed please.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx