gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Lack of decent seats....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lack of decent seats....  (Read 831 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Lack of decent seats....
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:31 AM »
My quest continues to find a decent seat for my Gt Pro Performer build (blue seat) and something for my Ultra Burner. I've looked for a good couple/three weeks on the bay and nothing decent has come up and i've tried on here and getting no joy neither... just dunno where to get decent seats!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? Missed a black peregrine seat on here the other day for a tenner which was a bummer but normally you do see plenty of seats on the bay, but not anymore... mainly white and red ones or crap black ones which I don't need!!!!  :-[ Anyway my quest continues.....  >:( ;)

wildwood1971

Re: Lack of decent seats....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 10:44 AM »
I'm in the same boat mate - been after a NOS or mint Blue Uni Turbo for 6 months now - the only ones i've seen have been in the States and they have all said wont ship to the UK. I managed to get a used one from JT a week or so ago - mounted it the bike and broke it within 20 yards  :LolLolLolLol: to be fair to JT he did say it needed work so im not disappointed - as he was cool and upfront about the condition :daumenhoch:

So now my search continues - same as you.

I did contact Uni direct and they can supply a new one - but i can't find out if they are the same as the originals!

Even the Kashialike Aero seats seem to be getting rare - haven't seen a blue one for ages - i could do with 2 of them as the Kashis are out of my reach - £70 for seat FFS  :LolLolLolLol: and i'm not prepared to get riped off over a Uni seat - there never worth silly money!

This Hobby / Sport / Addiction is getting out of hand price wise - and what with more people discovering it - its only gonna get worse!

As you said the quest continues - or he who waits finds apparently  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:13 AM »

i just brought a nos blue shotgun on the bay for £60, so they do come up

Longun

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Yeah, but £60's a crazy amount of money for what is, after all, a plastic seat. Yes, I know I just paid that for Kashimax Aero but it's still crazy. BITD I wouldn't have had a Kashi anyway - give me a Shotgun everytime, but I haven't seen any knocking about anywhere, certainly not the ones that were without the 'roughed-up' pattern (II's?).

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 11:47 AM »
Well that peregrine seat I missed out on in the for sale section (think Poolysheriff bought it) was a tenner, would have been ideal for the ultra burner but you win some you lose some... about a year ago I used to see loads of blue peregrine seats up on ebay, now its only the red ones  :(

Be gutted if I cannot get a good decent (and cheap, not £60 blimey!) seat for my GT before MK. I'm sure I will as that is ages away but it is getting harder to find what you need now that's for sure....  >:(

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 11:53 AM »
Seats are everywhere , you spend your money & take your choice  :)

Horses for courses , budgets fluctuate .

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 12:04 PM »
Seats are everywhere , you spend your money & take your choice  :)

Horses for courses , budgets fluctuate .

True enough, a year ago i wouldn't have dreamt on spending what I now spend on some items, if you're desperate enough for it then you'll pay the money... otherwise you have to be lightning quick to get the bargains

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 12:11 PM »
Indeedy I do realise this but there just isn't enough variety coming up anymore and my requests have fallen flat also, so its back to the waiting game...

Frosty

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 12:42 PM »
There are always plenty of the elina lightening bolts in black and yellow, plus usually quite a few MX seats too which are usually in blue or red on ebay from Asia :daumenhoch:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 12:57 PM »
Yes seen the lightening bolt jobbers on the bay at the moment but not sure that is ideally suited to my ultra burner. Would prefer a aeroyal but those are like gold dust in black and very expensive. Haven't seen any MX blue seats recently though from asia, there were plenty I see around last october time but never had the GT then so didn't express any interest... I will just have to be patient and put in the odd request also  ;)

Frosty

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 01:33 PM »
ahh there you go, get broke quick by buying parts for builds you have not even thought of yet. That is what I seem to be doing  :idiot2:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 02:18 PM »
dont worry , plenty of asian repros about

and now kashi aeros are being reproed ,anyone can afford a reproed seat

however like all rare and collectible things the originals will be more expensive as supply gets tight 

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 07:47 PM »
dont worry , plenty of asian repros about

and now kashi aeros are being reproed ,anyone can afford a reproed seat

however like all rare and collectible things the originals will be more expensive as supply gets tight 

How can it be a repro if its made by the original manufacturer and has not stopped being made by the original manufacturer?  A bit like saying Comp 3's are repros  ;).

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 08:02 PM »
so kashimax have never stopped making aeros , and elina the lightning bolt ?

its a reproduction of an original product

its like 501s or gazelle

yes both made by the original maufacturer but not original products

they were rerelesed ,so yea reproduction is maybe a tad harsh as it suggests copy , but deff a reissue

Rich

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 08:11 PM »
so kashimax have never stopped making aeros , and elina the lightning bolt ?

its a reproduction of an original product

its like 501s or gazelle

yes both made by the original maufacturer but not original products

they were rerelesed ,so yea reproduction is maybe a tad harsh as it suggests copy , but deff a reissue

Rich

Rich, that's a good phrase for them - re-issues  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 08:13 PM »
marty i was about to type the same thing
yep i can live with that word  it sits just right to me.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Lack of decent seats....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx