gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 07:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  First build sold... second is underway
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: First build sold... second is underway  (Read 670 times)

dannywhiteley

First build sold... second is underway
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:46 AM »
Just sold my first build :( .  Put it together over xmas, and got £285 for it.  Not bad heh? :)

This money has now all been spent on new parts (on their way) for my second attempt at a build, this time a white Streetbeat f&f (with original TA style stickers - I just love the look), white Tuffs, red tyres etc.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Re: First build sold... second is underway
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 02:09 PM »
Not bad Dan  ;) Look forward to the new build  :daumenhoch:

muddstud

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 03:09 PM »
Nice one mate like it     :daumenhoch:                               :daumenhoch:                               :daumenhoch:                                  :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Thanks,

I also managed to keep hold of the Aeroyal seat for the new bike.  Sold the Reflex with a generic white 'BMX' seat.

Are the Aeroyals worth anything?  I kept it cos I always loved them BITD (but never had one).  Be nice to know if its worth a couple of quid...

JT71

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 04:08 PM »
Thanks,

I also managed to keep hold of the Aeroyal seat for the new bike.  Sold the Reflex with a generic white 'BMX' seat.

Are the Aeroyals worth anything?  I kept it cos I always loved them BITD (but never had one).  Be nice to know if its worth a couple of quid...

oh yeah, worth a few bob, if you wanna flog it try the Burner boys, they love em. (I have a burner, but I'm not too fussed about Aeroyal seats)

dannywhiteley

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 04:16 PM »
Excellent, I got it effectively for free (along with the DB crank, pedals and chain on the Reflex) after a good bit of business buying a newly built Ruption and breaking it for parts.

All the bits I sold off more than paid for the bike leaving me with the bits I needed for free.

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 06:35 PM »
£285!!!! to whom and where did you sell it????  :P

JT71

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 07:02 PM »
£285!!!! to whom and where did you sell it????  :P

I thought he did well, think I got £350 for mine as i recall, but it was reasonably well specced.

obviously has a business brain.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 07:46 PM »
cant fault ya..good skills mr!

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 11:43 PM »
Nice work, but you know you are in trouble when the bug bites proper, you'll build and at the same time start acquiring essential bits for the next build and ohh that rare part you stumbled across that will turn out to be the start point for build number 3 and before you know it you've got the same problem Steve and a lot of us have - mountains of bits and a huge backlog of builds and space running out - ohh and maybe a nagging other half to boot ;D

The beat looks neat in white with the ta decs though :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 07:35 PM »
I know exactly what your saying, where I used to collect vintage Star Wars figures, or old VW golf parts im now searching ebay daily for BMX parts. 

Just picked up a white Dominator grabber seat, cos i;d never seen one and thought it'd go well with the freestyle build im doing now.  Might sell the Aeroyal if I prefer it on.

BTW, Streetbeat arrived today and is fantastic in the flesh.  Must nicer than the Reflex.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 02:03 PM »
It appears this is for sale again , Hutch pedals !!  :LolLolLolLol:  :Aresehole:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MINT-SHOW-OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-BIKE-AERO-REFLEX-WITH-MX-HARO_W0QQitemZ270220551833QQihZ017QQcategoryZ35960QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Time for disappointment for the new owner if he's expecting Hutch Beartrap pedals !  ::)

dannywhiteley

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Well it aint a Suntour headset, definitely not Hutch bear traps, its not a real Redline seat post, and its not a perefrine (sic) seat, or wasnt when I sold it (but atleast there are all my decent photos included to prove).

I certainly didnt tell him they were Hutch beartraps, so dont know where that came from.

Wonder if he will get his money back?

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 03:21 PM »
"you will get this auction pulled if you dont re word it. the spec list is wrong by a hundred quid or so. they are not hutch pedals, nor is it a suntour headset."
I want to touch ORB

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  First build sold... second is underway

gfxgfx
gfx gfx