gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyways sprocket problem
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyways sprocket problem  (Read 553 times)

gligsy

Skyways sprocket problem
« on: January 14, 2008, 08:41 PM »
Hi there,

I have a pair of skyways, which have had new axles fitted at halfords (very good service and cheap), the only problem is that the rear one has a problem with the sprocket. I dont think this is related to the new axle, but it seems as if the sprocket is too close to the rivets and this is preventing the rear wheel from freewheeling as the chain catches on the rivets, i cant see and problem with bent teeth or out of line sprocket but just cant seem to work it out. Help me please as its doing my bonce in..

Gligsy

kirk

Re: Skyways sprocket problem
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:03 AM »
Do you have a pic fella? sounds like somthings amiss, might be a easy fix like a different freewheel or chain. if it is a freewheel type or early cassette type.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 05:52 PM »
was there a spacer on the thread as one of mine had it as freewheel goes on to far otherwise
its about 2 mm

dan-dare

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 05:55 PM »
A good bike shop (Halfords excluded) will have a washer. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyways sprocket problem

gfxgfx
gfx gfx