gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:45 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Latest purchase - Robinson RSR
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Latest purchase - Robinson RSR  (Read 3571 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Latest purchase - Robinson RSR - Update from Alan Woods
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2008, 06:46 PM »
Got a response to my email to Alan Woods on this RSR....

"Hi

Nice find!

We did sell a lot to one shop in Preston, cant remember the name, the guy used to be a manager at Halfords.

Yes the bike looks 100% original. They are the best we used on some of them they werent genuine Robinson but we use them when the Robinson ones ran out.

Stickers I only have one set that I need for mine, but as yours are intact you could have repros made, guys on radbmx will be able to advice.

Regards

Alan"

So, looks like the bars are original from purchase so the bike is a 100% original survivor  :daumenhoch:

All I need is to get the decals reproduced although I might need some help with this bit  :LolLolLolLol:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

downhill3375

Re: Latest purchase - Robinson RSR
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2008, 08:50 PM »
excellent news  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2008, 09:31 PM »
excellent news  :daumenhoch:

PM'd Del to see if he can sort the decals, fingers crossed  ;).  Going to strip it down this week with a view to getting the rims re-chromed first and the other parts cleaned up  :coolsmiley:.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Latest purchase - Robinson RSR - Update from Alan Woods
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Got a response to my email to Alan Woods on this RSR....

"Hi

Nice find!

We did sell a lot to one shop in Preston, cant remember the name, the guy used to be a manager at Halfords.

Yes the bike looks 100% original. They are the best we used on some of them they werent genuine Robinson but we use them when the Robinson ones ran out.

Stickers I only have one set that I need for mine, but as yours are intact you could have repros made, guys on radbmx will be able to advice.

Regards

Alan"

So, looks like the bars are original from purchase so the bike is a 100% original survivor  :daumenhoch:

All I need is to get the decals reproduced although I might need some help with this bit  :LolLolLolLol:

??? 
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

dj_benice

« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2008, 10:07 PM »
I think alan might be talking about ribble cycles in preston the guy that ran the bmx side of stuff rode a robbo, both the shop and he are still there (still lace a pair of wheels for £15 too but don't tell everybody ;) )

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2008, 10:09 PM »
I think alan might be talking about ribble cycles in preston the guy that ran the bmx side of stuff rode a robbo, both the shop and he are still there (still lace a pair of wheels for £15 too but don't tell everybody ;) )

No wonder the Robinson feels at home in my garage, middle bike on the left  :shocked:  :LolLolLolLol:

dj_benice

« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2008, 10:11 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: I think they still use those stickers too  :shocked:  Small world eh ;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2008, 10:14 PM »
:LolLolLolLol: I think they still use those stickers too  :shocked:  Small world eh ;)

I like to think I'm well travelled  :daumenhoch:  :LolLolLolLol:

dj_benice

« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2008, 10:16 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Marty here are the scans   :daumenhoch:   PM me with your email and I will send them to you  :daumenhoch:

Andy.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Latest purchase - Robinson RSR

gfxgfx
gfx gfx