gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  JP Pedals & other JP products
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: JP Pedals & other JP products  (Read 614 times)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
JP Pedals & other JP products
« on: January 16, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Just wanted to make this a bit clearer , after seeing this auction today and the date the seller thought they might be . Jp was a mid school company , 69ner turned up a while back telling peeps they were OS so it obviously shows how much he knew ! lol ( I knew they were'nt ) .

Auction

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/nos-bmx-JP-pedals-9-16s-hutch_W0QQitemZ260202226859QQihZ016QQcategoryZ56197QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thread on OS , doing some digging .........

http://www.os-bmx.com/forums/index.php'showtopic=23792&hl=jp+pedals

I understand the thinking towards using them on riders & a cheaper Hutch kinda alternative before you JP owners all jump up & down ! lol . 

Lazarou

Re: JP Pedals & other JP products
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:41 PM »
I had a row with him about that!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:01 PM »
I had a row with him about that!

I stayed out of it Laz because some on here thought the sun shone out of his ar$e   :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 11:11 PM »
I always thought they were late 80's, good to know that they are mid school.  That's another set of expensive items I won't be buying for my o/s builds  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Frosty

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Nice Rick Pasty clip Laz :2funny:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 10:16 AM »
Matt , more and more people come on here thinking they know it all with personalitys that will only let them think they know best, and there input makes them feel special even if its complete tosh they are talking

its a shame, as loads of crap info is being spouted and people are actually beliving it and acting accordingly

the JP pedal argument is only one , shame that it actually cost members money and they end up with mid school pedals on old school bikes, but many so called ( by themselves ) experts are so full of shitola that it beggars belief

Rich

munners

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 10:23 AM »
Matt , more and more people come on here thinking they know it all with personalitys that will only let them think they know best, and there input makes them feel special even if its complete tosh they are talking

its a shame, as loads of crap info is being spouted and people are actually beliving it and acting accordingly

the JP pedal argument is only one , shame that it actually cost members money and they end up with mid school pedals on old school bikes, but many so called ( by themselves ) experts are so full of shitola that it beggars belief

Rich

Well said! I have just had an experiance with a 'know it all!'.

Its hard to know who to believe sometimes on here with their comments and statements!

If you read up on here though you soon realise who knows their stuff and who dont.  ;)

lazyboy

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 02:49 PM »
Hi all,Experts and Non-Experts.........
The J.P pedals for sale are mine,and where fitted to my O.S bike.
I got back into Bmx about 4 years ago,and ride 2 or 3 times a week and love it.
Building my dream O.S bike was a passion to me,but when it was finnished i lost interest.and now just keep a couple of O.S frames as eyecandy.

so back to the J.Ps
i bought them from a well Known member here on Radbmx,about 2 years ago for £140.00,they where listed as O.S 1984.

Sorry for misleading the EXPERTS in the BMX WORLD.But where not all perfect .
P.S i did put i think,on ebay.
Regards to u all EXPERTS and NON EXPERTS enjoy the sport.
Cheers RUSS :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 03:01 PM by lazyboy »

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 03:16 PM »
Hi all,Experts and Non-Experts.........
The J.P pedals for sale are mine,and where fitted to my O.S bike.
I got back into Bmx about 4 years ago,and ride 2 or 3 times a week and love it.
Building my dream O.S bike was a passion to me,but when it was finnished i lost interest.and now just keep a couple of O.S frames as eyecandy.

so back to the J.Ps
i bought them from a well Known member here on Radbmx,about 2 years ago for £140.00,they where listed as O.S 1984.

Sorry for misleading the EXPERTS in the BMX WORLD.But where not all perfect .
P.S i did put i think,on ebay.
Regards to u all EXPERTS and NON EXPERTS enjoy the sport.
Cheers RUSS :daumenhoch:

Chill Russ ! , I think if you read my post there's no accusation towards you & deffo no SHOUTED words ref EXPERTS/NON EXPERTS  :LolLolLolLol: .

It is merely there to help members to make decisions more clearly , more than once recently new members have joined and posted on here saying about their own confusion about what is 80's , 90's etc and without relevant information they may or have purchased a part not right for the build or project they would like to embark on .

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 03:49 PM »
Russ , have you stated to be an expert on Jp stuff , no

so dont get your knickers in a twist

my gripe is towards people who join and start telling everyone that what they know is right and everyone else is wrong, or have just started collecting yet spout knowledge that is wrong , arguing with others that they know best and people who have learnt the hard way are in fact wrong

lazyboy

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 04:50 PM »
Cheers. It's just when you're gettin' back into OS and it's been **%$ years since you rode a bike, you don't know your ass from your elbow & you buy parts on the trust of the seller. Take your point about self-appointed experts (of which I am definitely not!) tho. Get those people ev'rywhere!!
 ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  JP Pedals & other JP products

gfxgfx
gfx gfx