gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 01:12 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  OS Racing over 35 ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OS Racing over 35 ??  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
Re: OS Racing over 35 ??
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2008, 12:15 PM »
This one is squashed in the corner of a lesure center car park. Something for the kids to play on I think. Will have to try & find something else  :(

Tredeger is big  ;)

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 12:32 AM »
Any more details mate ??

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2008, 08:12 AM »
Any more details mate ??

No other details apart from the ones on the link above ( map , video etc etc ) , it had a National at Tredeger last year ( and maybe 06 ) and it has a pretty monster Pro Section to tackle .

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Will have to take a journey to have a look at that. Its not that I want to get big air or anything, just want to ride a track & get the feel back for it.

Looks a nice track, cant wait  8)

dialledbikes

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2008, 01:16 PM »
You'll be fine at Tredegar.  As Matt says, yes, it's big, but everything is rollable.  Just take it at your own pace until you get your confidence back.

What bike did you ride at your local track?

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2008, 03:56 PM »

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Will have to take a journey to have a look at that. Its not that I want to get big air or anything, just want to ride a track & get the feel back for it.

Looks a nice track, cant wait  8)

Here yer go bud , a recent thread ref Tredeger on bmxtalk  ;) ( you could even get involved maybe at grass roots level with a proposed club ?? ) .

http://www.bmxtalk.com/viewtopic.php't=14495

dialledbikes

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Nice bike.  You've got to race that at an old school meeting!

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 04:45 PM »
@ Matt

CheeRS Matt, will have a look at the link now  :daumenhoch:

@Mike

Would love to have a go, but 22 years is a long break  ;D I will use the GT as much as I can, have been out everyday for a couple of hours on it every day this week, apart from today. its been pi55in down to, back tyre wall is as black as the treed from the brake  :2funny: Just to try & get the feel back for it. wheelies are still there, did a couple of roll backs & some basic tricks, so im not dead yet  :D

My AP had a half used set of Comp III's on it, 1.175's, the ones on the GT are 1.5's, a little thin for me know...so will run these throgh to the canvas & fit them & go to Tredegar. If I manage to clear a few jumps & no damage myself to badly i would love a go at OS Racing in the summer, would be a right laugh I recon  8)  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 08:19 PM »
Don't put too much pressure on yourself to jump stuff.  Just get used to riding again.  Learn to pump (i.e. rolling the jumps fast, using the downsides to generate more speed).  Most OS races are won on track speed, not jumping skills.  But don't worry too much about winning.  I've done a fair few OS races and only made one A-final.

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Not expecting to win anything, nor do I want to mate, just fancy having a laugh.

just want to be able to get a bit of practice to get used to the bike again.  :-\

went out on it a few years back with the kids, did some jumps but overshot everyone I hit, now i dont feel like taking off at all  :2funny:

T J BALDWIN

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Hi, its great all of us oldies are having another go . Igot back on my bike in oct 07 . I am going to race 08 in 30-39 cruiser . We are just in the process of starting a new club at Tredegar are you are more than welcome . We will be there sunday for gates and practise , so come along theres tea and coffee and we had cakes last week . The track is great for beginners and enders . Let us know if you are coming . All the best TJ .

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 09:55 PM »
Thanks for the invite, I will get a bit of riding under my belt as i was suprised how crap my balance was to be honest. Im just going to ride it as much as possible for a bit to get used to it again.

What kit will I need for your meets, as I doubt any of my old stuff will fit me  :-[

Give me a while to build back some confidence & I will come & show myself up. What time do you meet on a Sunday ???

CheeRS Adam  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 09:57 PM by series.1.rs.turbo »

T J BALDWIN

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008, 10:23 PM »
Just a .little test , if you stand on one leg do you fall over , if yes your balance is fine for our practising . All you need is a helmet gloves and sleeves n trousers . Youve got to start some where so you might as well start Sunday at 11 . Come on you know you want to . TJ

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2008, 10:57 PM »
Just a .little test , if you stand on one leg do you fall over , if yes your balance is fine for our practising . All you need is a helmet gloves and sleeves n trousers . Youve got to start some where so you might as well start Sunday at 11 . Come on you know you want to . TJ

would love to, but dont think my lid will fit me......is that the time  :10_2_12:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

If I can get my head in my lid I might just join you, but I think the wife has other plans for me this weekend, fookin DIY  :'(

mileyboy

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2008, 01:27 PM »
Been thinking about this too-rode the brixton track about four years back-surface was horrible-gritty shingle stuff-heard one kiddo rode on it and lost a finger-ouch :(

series.1.rs.turbo

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Would love to get back into it just for the laugh, dont mind loosing, just want to look RAD doing it !  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  OS Racing over 35 ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx