gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 10:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro Freestyler handlebars. possible reweld
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Freestyler handlebars. possible reweld  (Read 651 times)

electro808

Haro Freestyler handlebars. possible reweld
« on: January 11, 2008, 12:09 PM »
What do you think of these bars? 

They looked in decent survivor condition in the (not particularly good) pic with original paint paint and decals but it looks like the old clamping area has been cut out and replaced with another piece of (knuled) tubing.  I've never had a set of bars turn up looking like this before so I'll put it out there and let you decide.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 01:10 PM by electro808 »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Haro Freestyler handlebars. possible 'cut and shut'
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:18 PM »
yeah i'd not be too happy with those mate if they dropped onto my doorstep  ???

I take it he missed out any pictures with that section on his listing?

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:46 PM »
This the "rare" tapered version of the freestyle bars, followed the forst version, which was prone to crackin in this area.
Around 86 I guess.

Seems OK to me...

electro808

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 01:09 PM »
Thanks for that, Arnaud.  I've just had a look at the welds and they are really good, too good for a bodge-job.  And you're right about the tapering, too.  I thought they looked really thin around that area so now it all makes sense.  They're still ugly, though.  I much prefer the standard bars.

:4_17_5:

electro808

Re: Haro Freestyler handlebars. possible reweld
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Has anyone got a paint code for the Haro 'dayglo' green colour used on the Master etc?

electro808

Re: Haro Freestyler handlebars. possible reweld
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 01:27 PM »
I couldn't have left the guy a negative, anyway, as he is now shown as 'no longer a registered user'. ::)   I'm quite lucky, that they actually turned up.  I also got a nice Peregrine seat clamp from him which is going to get polished to within an inch of it's life.  £35 for the lot, posted from the US, Not such a bad deal after all then ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Haro Freestyler handlebars. possible reweld

gfxgfx
gfx gfx