gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 12:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  charge bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: charge bikes  (Read 1644 times)

gossa

Re: charge bikes
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2008, 04:26 PM »

I guess then my girlfriend had design input when I built my sunday as she chose the colour lol

andy,you make that girl do everthing,lazy a*se.

gossa,do you know the location of the secret riding spot charge use to test bikes then?

priv

it's near nicks place in somerset, i just tried calling nick to find out but got his answer machine.  looks pretty sweet though eh, mud skatepark!

gossa

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2008, 05:03 PM »
priv, nick just called back, that place is near bath but it's private land so unfortunately no access mate. He said the farmer there is a bit of a grumpy bugger too so it might not be worth trying to find it.

Nick said there are currently three of those frames, one in the uk being tested by Lewis Lacey and two in japan made for potential olympic riders.

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2008, 05:46 PM »
seems i have been misinformed. i was led to believe by my local shop that these were made in the somerset town of radstock. maybe theyr'e just an importer or its where they test them maybe as its not far from bath

:crazy2: should have looked at the the charge website properly before posting.
 well at least i live near their test ground so i think i'll have a go at finding that when the weather breaks.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 06:11 PM by martin46 »

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2008, 08:10 PM »
Radstock is about 10 miles from Bath, strangely enough I was in both Radstock and Bath today, spooky eh?

gossa

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2008, 10:35 PM »
OK, the full skinny is that Charge is wholly owned by Hot Wheels but the 'face' of the company is Nick Larson. Nick has an office in near Radstock where he designs and samples the bikes but, like almost every other brand in the world, all the bikes are made overseas to get the right mix of quality and price but they are made to Nicks spec which makes them great for Uk riding conditions (burly build, mud clearance etc). 

If you do try and hunt that riding spot down, Nick said be careful as it's private land  and the owner is a grumpy git!

dialledbikes

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 11:45 PM »
Sounds a bit like dialled bikes (designed in the UK, made overseas by quality fabricators) but with a bit more financial clout.

Are you selling any BMX in Bikelab, Clive?  Maybe when my new 853 BMX frames come out, we can do some biz  ;)

gossa

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2008, 12:29 AM »
Sounds a bit like dialled bikes (designed in the UK, made overseas by quality fabricators) but with a bit more financial clout.

Are you selling any BMX in Bikelab, Clive?  Maybe when my new 853 BMX frames come out, we can do some biz  ;)

I used to have a BMX area just stocking the better stuff but two little shites came in and ran out with an Eastern so i threw all the BMX stuff in the back of the van and got shot of it.  However I've had the resto projects in teh shop along with my ripper and floval and they have got a lot of comments so who knows.

An 853 frame eh?  Just front triangle i take it? Sounds pimp ass!.....

Mike, have you had your stuff in Ride? If not i'm sure i could stick it under marks snout....

dialledbikes

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2008, 11:34 AM »
Yeah, 853 front triangle and 4130 rear end.

The guys at Ride and Dirt have been pretty cool actually.  Mark got in touch about having the MX20s in frame check when they first came out, and Mike, Ed and Billy are always in touch asking for news/updates, etc.  Did you see the Mega Avalanche hardtail project we worked on recently?  They used one of my prototypes (which is being released in March as a production model - the dialled bikes Alpine) to do the Mega Avalanche article.  And there's gonna be a follow up Canada/Whistler article on the same bike soon.

gossa

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 02:43 PM »
Yeah, 853 front triangle and 4130 rear end.

The guys at Ride and Dirt have been pretty cool actually.  Mark got in touch about having the MX20s in frame check when they first came out, and Mike, Ed and Billy are always in touch asking for news/updates, etc.  Did you see the Mega Avalanche hardtail project we worked on recently?  They used one of my prototypes (which is being released in March as a production model - the dialled bikes Alpine) to do the Mega Avalanche article.  And there's gonna be a follow up Canada/Whistler article on the same bike soon.

rock on mate, unlike charge, it seems you don't need my help!  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  charge bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx