gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  charge bikes
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: charge bikes  (Read 1640 times)

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
charge bikes
« on: January 10, 2008, 05:26 PM »

Frosty

Re: charge bikes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:30 PM »
now that looks noice  :daumenhoch:

money???

Offline martin46

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 05:34 PM »
very nice bikes. theyr'e made just down the road from me and are popping up in local dealers everywhere. im seriously considering one of their frames.

hooga1975

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:54 PM »
I like the look of that :daumenhoch:

dazza

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 08:47 PM »
nice , charge make nice bike and good on price aswell.my local raleigh dealer stock them in derby

gossa

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 09:17 PM »
very nice bikes. theyr'e made just down the road from me and are popping up in local dealers everywhere. im seriously considering one of their frames.

Do you live in taiwan then fella?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 09:29 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

Assembled in GB then?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

gossa

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 09:32 PM »

:LolLolLolLol:

Assembled in GB then?

Nope, nothing in the UK except stored in boxes off of containers.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I love Charge, I sell them in my shop and have had some input on the designs but the only thing that's done in the UK is design by Nick Larson and the guys at Hot Wheels.

Andy

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 09:45 PM »
gossa

just out of interest what design input have you had with the charge bikes?

gossa

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 10:01 PM »
gossa

I sorted Nick Larson out with a Cyclo Cross bike to help him get to grips with what a cross bike shuld do, he asks my opinion on what they're doing next, market pricepoints, specs etc.  I also supply him stuff to help build bikes up for test or photoshoots, I'm only 5 minutes from HotWheels (Charge distributor) so Nick pops into my shop to talk about stuff every once in a while. 

Charge is a supercool brand, did any of you see thier 'kitchen' stand at the London bike show? Well sweet......Nicks a cool guy too, he was the guy responsible for making Pashley a cool brand, he's very talented and with Hotwheels distribution i'd say Charge is a brand to watch........nothing made in the Uk though! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 10:06 PM »
Yep, keep yer eye on charge, BMX is next  :-X
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 10:11 PM »
gossa

I sorted Nick Larson out with a Cyclo Cross bike to help him get to grips with what a cross bike shuld do, he asks my opinion on what they're doing next, market pricepoints, specs etc.  I also supply him stuff to help build bikes up for test or photoshoots, I'm only 5 minutes from HotWheels (Charge distributor) so Nick pops into my shop to talk about stuff every once in a while. 

Charge is a supercool brand, did any of you see thier 'kitchen' stand at the London bike show? Well sweet......Nicks a cool guy too, he was the guy responsible for making Pashley a cool brand, he's very talented and with Hotwheels distribution i'd say Charge is a brand to watch........nothing made in the Uk though! :LolLolLolLol:

You ought to tap Hotwheels up to see what os stuff they still have kicking around  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 10:13 PM »
SHhhhhhhh :LolLolLolLol:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

dibly

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 10:24 PM »
That is a well sweet bike i love the whole look really its nice!  :)

Andy

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 10:30 PM »
oh right I see what your saying gossa

I guess then my girlfriend had design input when I built my sunday as she chose the colour lol

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 10:33 PM »

I guess then my girlfriend had design input when I built my sunday as she chose the colour lol

PMSL, don't say that my missus will claim credit on everything I do  :LolLolLolLol:

gossa

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2008, 10:33 PM »
marty, I know exactly what they have and you wouldn't believe it mate, sweet FA! They sold everything to jeff Haney years ago and I mean everything including such items as LRP frames and other exotica. There's a small box of stuff, nothing amazing at all, a couple of not that desirable frames and a few sets of CW bars.  there's a sweet collection of OS bikes, Matt Farrow looks after a fleet of collectables for mate of his, pink hollywood, roger decpster, og motomag, mrd TM replica, quads. rippers, Pete Middletons Zeronine.

gossa

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 10:37 PM »

mmm, maybe?

Andy

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 10:49 PM »
alan got a bit of stuff from hotwheel s but Im going back about 6 years ago now

sorry gossa no offense but I think our opinions of design input differ somewhat

anyhoo heres my old charge did you design this lol nah you never it was my girlfriend cause she liked the tangerine colour

gossa

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2008, 10:53 PM »
what would you call the product manager of the company, coming to my shop and asking me if something is a good idea or how much should it sell for or what spec should it have or what geometry would work or what the sales potential is if you don't think that's a little input?

Nice bike by the way there Mc.

Andy

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2008, 11:08 PM »
yeppa i would say that is design input

but it strikes me as a bit odd that a company like charge wouldn't have a clue about any of that to start with

thinking about their background I would have assumed they already knew most of that unless they are incredibly naive

but if what you say is true they must be eternally grateful to you and your wealth of knowledge

dialledbikes

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 11:46 PM »
Nice bikes.  The Charge guys have their marketing shit together too.  I really ought to get my shit together this year and find some overseas distribution for dialled bikes.

Andy

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 11:54 PM »
from the sound of it mike gossa's your man

gossa

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 08:39 AM »
yeppa i would say that is design input

but it strikes me as a bit odd that a company like charge wouldn't have a clue about any of that to start with

thinking about their background I would have assumed they already knew most of that unless they are incredibly naive

but if what you say is true they must be eternally grateful to you and your wealth of knowledge

Charge bikes are sold through independent bike shops.  You are quite right, within Charge there is an incredible wealth of knowledge and experience in product design, sourcing, marketing and distribution. However, I would say most or all companies consult extensively with the people that will ultimately be selling thier products to get that retailer perspective, i know Nick speaks to plenty of other dealers to get thier POV.

The cross bike was a case in point.  Nick came to me as he wanted to do a cyclocross bike but said he knew nothing about them so i suggested he swapped a charge bike with me for a top selling cyclocross bike and got some miles in to understand this market which he duly did.

Retailers and brands/distributors do work closely together to bring the market the best possible products.

Why the cynicism and sarcasm mcnulty? I've been nothing but complimentary about Charge but also corrected the fact that the only thing they do in the UK is design and test samples.

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2008, 10:37 AM »

andy,you make that girl do everthing,lazy a*se.

gossa,do you know the location of the secret riding spot charge use to test bikes then?

priv

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  charge bikes

gfxgfx
gfx gfx