gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 08:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  flatland without pegs.........................
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: flatland without pegs.........................  (Read 1139 times)

welsh denny

flatland without pegs.........................
« on: January 07, 2008, 11:03 PM »
filmed last month. some real hard moves and a lotta bbody strength needed for some of the moves. enjoy.

Trev

Re: flatland without pegs.........................
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 11:12 PM »
absolutely amazing!!!

i see a lot of amazing riding posted on here. but every now and again, you'll see something really exceptional.  this is one of those.

those tricks are SO HARD!  Top respect!

lodge

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:18 PM »
Pegless Brakless Speechless

Thanks For Posting.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 11:53 PM »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could practice for the rest of my life, but I doubt I'd ever be able to do that.
Is this the future of flatland?

Trev

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 12:02 AM »
maybe the future. who knows. but it did make me think. this is real freestyle. deciding to ride a bike like that and learn what you can with the simplest of tools.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 06:18 AM »
 by god. that must be difficult. i can't even do backhop on the pedals.  might you. i got bored watching this. Think i'll look at the naked babes  vid again tho' :LolLolLolLol:
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

subversion

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Is this the future of flatland?

Thats pretty much the current state of Flatland... Have to say that it's very hard & mucho respect to the people with enough dedication to persue such a difficult form of bike riding :)

Great vid & the Mars Volta rule....

bmxer4ever

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 12:25 AM »
I know many of these tricks are current, but mostly everyone I've seen recently has also done peg tricks, or combos in and out of the pedal only stuff from the pegs.
To see just the pedal only stuff done all together is definetly an eye opener, but I can see it becoming limited in time. Surely there's only so far you can go down this route before you run out of options? Pegs give you more options.
Still amazing stuff though. I especially love the one footed forward hang five on the pedals in circles - that just looks soooooo cool!

Trev

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 12:43 AM »
I know many of these tricks are current, but mostly everyone I've seen recently has also done peg tricks, or combos in and out of the pedal only stuff from the pegs.
To see just the pedal only stuff done all together is definetly an eye opener, but I can see it becoming limited in time. Surely there's only so far you can go down this route before you run out of options? Pegs give you more options.
Still amazing stuff though. I especially love the one footed forward hang five on the pedals in circles - that just looks soooooo cool!

hahahaha Gary Gary Gary.....  How long before you run out of options??  Didn't we run out of tricks in 1984, then 85, 86, 87, 88............... etc........
Every year it's the same thing. Everything that can be done on a bike has been invented now, there's nothing left.... We'll see....

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 04:37 PM »
Well this is an absolute first for me fellas.......that's THE first time flatland has left me speechless!!

I've been blown away loads of times with vert, even to the stage now where I very rarely get blown away because of the level of riding these days. But that is truly awesome, much respect, what he is doing is harder than a big bag of hard things on national hard day in Hardsville!

Hat's off to the lad!

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 09:55 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 07:40 PM »
That was a bit special   :4_17_5:

Nicely filmed too.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 01:19 AM »

hahahaha Gary Gary Gary.....  How long before you run out of options??  Didn't we run out of tricks in 1984, then 85, 86, 87, 88............... etc........
Every year it's the same thing. Everything that can be done on a bike has been invented now, there's nothing left.... We'll see....

I know exactly what you are saying, but I thought hard before I posted that, and I do mean what I said. I stopped thinking that "everything had been invented" a long time ago!
Chads riding is amazing, but almost every trick was taking a peg trick and doing it on the pedals or a pedal trick that before required the pegs to get in and out of.  (And believe me, that is NOT a criticism! How can you criticise such talent?!)
I was thinking about hitch hiker type tricks, as most of modern flat riding comes from that type of balance. To achieve something like that without pegs...... How would you do that a lot of that stuff on the pedals? You would have no physical relationship with the front wheel and the handlebars (Cliffhanger with no pegs - stand on the forks?).
I think what MAY happen, as you suggest, is something we havn't seen yet - a new area of tricks, but for the life of me I can't see what it will be.
We've had brakes and no pegs, pegs and no brakes, fixed wheel, no cranks, etc.etc. so I suppose we have seen instances of going backwards to go forwards (If you get what I mean!).
For a while the holy grail of flatland was rolling forward, front wheel, on the pedals. Then I saw Phil Dolan achieve that, so maybe we should ask a current top flatlander what the next one is.....
Maybe that'll give us a clue to the next trick Chad will pull out the bag.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 01:23 AM by bmxer4ever »

Lazarou

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 10:10 AM »
I thought it looked unnatural and awkward. I could watch people like Chase, Kevin, Osicka etc. all day long but that did nothing for me.

I'm not disagreeing with the level of difficulty aspect it boggles the mind! But I think it lacked flow which I like to see.

:(   

....wasn't Dylan Worsley doing stuff off the pedals years ago?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 09:23 PM by Lazarou »

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 09:51 PM »
I thought it looked unnatural and awkward. I could watch people like Chase, Kevin, Osicka etc. all day long but that did nothing for me.

I'm not disagreeing with the level of difficulty aspect it boggles the mind! But I think it lacked flow which I like to see.

:(   

....wasn't Dylan Worsley doing stuff off the pedals years ago?

:shocked:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Dylan Worsley was doing pedal stuff yonks ago yeah.  And I'd have to agree, I would rather watch Kevin Jones ride.

I'm still in awe of all these fcukers though, no matter what the level   :)

Broggie

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2008, 08:21 AM »
Ok in some places it looks a bit ungainly, but given the guy has no pegs and no brakes either it is a stunning achievement.

Ray.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 02:20 AM »
I think if you see him do this again in another few months he'll have it smooth. Then it's just gonna look really mental.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Videos  |  flatland without pegs.........................

gfxgfx
gfx gfx