gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 04:57 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hutch Aerospeed and Hutch Beartrap advice!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hutch Aerospeed and Hutch Beartrap advice!  (Read 9036 times)

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Hutch Aerospeed and Hutch Beartrap advice!
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Have a look at Crupi spindles they fit Hutch pedals and look almost identical (apart from Crupi machining is far better than Hutch  :LolLolLolLol:)
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2008, 01:35 PM »
what's the point of building an old school bike and sourceing rare parts if you're gonna put some repro piece of shit on it as well. If you can't be bothered to look for the original or wait for the original or afford the original then use something else. The more that tossers start reproing the best gear the more these bits will get passed off as the real deal on e-bay or bastardised to cover up their repro roots and undermine the real parts. Better a real part than some repop.
Decals make sense because the adorn a REAL frame and take nothing away from it's authenticity. Too many people looking for a 'quick fix', it's not like restoring a car and having a part made, these parts on bmx's were products in thier own rights and it's either a FAKE or genuine, call it repop, retro or homage it's still a fake piece of shit and does nothing for this hobby. It's like snide designer gear, it's shit and for pretenders. If you love BMX and especially Old school, you won't want it being a sea of fake crap that makes buying them special parts a minefield of repop shit dodgeing. If you don't give a fook that it's new, just put a new part on and don't pretend it's the real deal. It's bad enough seeing a perfectly good original finish being stripped and lost for ever for a colour change that never exsisted on that frameset. Why not get a fooked up one and re-finish that, the original finishes that survive are part of bmx history and can't ever be replaced.
IMHO getting a part at any cost doesn't mean trying to cheat the system. I can't afford aerospeeds, if i could i wouldn't pay that anyway but to fake them would make me a fake as well. No thanks.

:rant:
ding dong

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2008, 01:52 PM »
what's the point of building an old school bike and sourceing rare parts if you're gonna put some repro piece of shit on it as well. If you can't be bothered to look for the original or wait for the original or afford the original then use something else. The more that tossers start reproing the best gear the more these bits will get passed off as the real deal on e-bay or bastardised to cover up their repro roots and undermine the real parts. Better a real part than some repop.
Decals make sense because the adorn a REAL frame and take nothing away from it's authenticity. Too many people looking for a 'quick fix', it's not like restoring a car and having a part made, these parts on bmx's were products in thier own rights and it's either a FAKE or genuine, call it repop, retro or homage it's still a fake piece of shit and does nothing for this hobby. It's like snide designer gear, it's shit and for pretenders. If you love BMX and especially Old school, you won't want it being a sea of fake crap that makes buying them special parts a minefield of repop shit dodgeing. If you don't give a fook that it's new, just put a new part on and don't pretend it's the real deal. It's bad enough seeing a perfectly good original finish being stripped and lost for ever for a colour change that never exsisted on that frameset. Why not get a fooked up one and re-finish that, the original finishes that survive are part of bmx history and can't ever be replaced.
IMHO getting a part at any cost doesn't mean trying to cheat the system. I can't afford aerospeeds, if i could i wouldn't pay that anyway but to fake them would make me a fake as well. No thanks.

:rant:

Hey JT, did you read the post?  I can't see where it says anything about getting repops made other than Munners got the BB off a guy that maybe had some made. Maybe I missed that bit  :-\.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2008, 02:18 PM »
not talking about munners, talking about fakes.
ding dong

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2008, 02:19 PM »
not talking about munners, talking about fakes.

Aha! With you now :daumenhoch:

How's the new house?

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 02:29 PM »
cool as, just gonna dig into the decorating again. making a multi fuel stove and an inglenook fireplace. today i'm gonna be doing some masonary. i am the novice mason. Good joiner, leccy, plumber and other stuff but never tackled a bit of brickwork. but he who dares wins and all that. ;)
ding dong

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 03:42 PM »
that's mark, they are genuine cranks from a guy i know you will all love and cherish and take to heart ::)
he is very anti-uk and thinks we are all second rate repop artists and anything made outside the US is just inferior and all we have is restored junk(as he puts it). And he really won't ship to the uk so you can bid with confidence(that you will not be getting any aerospeeds off him) which is a shame. I reckon he would be a top bloke if he was just different.
ding dong

insideoutland

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 03:44 PM »
sounds a nice guy :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 04:15 PM »
cool as, just gonna dig into the decorating again. making a multi fuel stove and an inglenook fireplace. today i'm gonna be doing some masonary. i am the novice mason. Good joiner, leccy, plumber and other stuff but never tackled a bit of brickwork. but he who dares wins and all that. ;)

Brave man  ;).  have you sorted the basement yet for those bikes of yours?

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 06:06 PM »
 There is a difference between faking and repro-ing. Collectors/enthusiasts from all genres repro parts that are either obsolete/unobtainable or too expensive for their budget, or have them made by a third party.
  Fakers copy original parts/things to pass them off as the real thing for finacial gain..... Fakers will make stuff wherever there is £££ and will always be a problem.
  The price and scarcity of Aerospeeds means that some people will need to source alternatives to re-create the look they want. Like i said before... i have no probs with quality reproing as long as it is date marked. Just my opinion  :)
At the end of the day when buying, its like every other area of Antiques and collectables.... Do your homework, buy from a reputable seller, view and handle the goods if you can prior to purchasing, ask questions, seek advice if you need to.  :daumenhoch:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2008, 07:21 PM »
Do your homework, buy from a reputable seller, view and handle the goods if you can prior to purchasing, ask questions, seek advice if you need to.  :daumenhoch:

when your mates will shaft you then sky's the limit i say. But even having one made is like sewing your own lacoste badge on a matalan jacket.
ding dong

steve Beech TA

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2008, 07:29 PM »
Anyway lads, never mind i am crap at English, if you haven't noticed. so don't fall out!  :smitten: i saw some 9/16 bits that go into the pedals ( spindles) i call them, not been the game for 25 years. Any way they were about £ 150.00. i would have thought that 1/2 inch ones would be cheaper, as to weather its worth it, it depends on how much you want them and how the overall crank etc is worth. hopefully i have the right end of the stick.

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Ive had probs finding bearings for the bottom bracket of Hutch Aerospeeds, can anyone help :)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 07:53 PM »
looky on the web ,they are out there.imported from the states bronze needle bearings they should be listed under
or something like that .i will try to find the receipt with the company in the uk.manchester rings a bell
a company that made machinery but thats all i remember.

FuNMoNsTeR

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Do your homework, buy from a reputable seller, view and handle the goods if you can prior to purchasing, ask questions, seek advice if you need to.  :daumenhoch:

when your mates will shaft you then sky's the limit i say. But even having one made is like sewing your own lacoste badge on a matalan jacket.

:LolLolLolLol:  You rotten sod  ;D

jb31

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2008, 10:37 PM »
you see the proplem here??????????????????????????are the ones one ebay real or fake?without seeing them in the flesh its hard to tell!!!FUNMONSTER YOU ARE WRONG SO ARE YOU MUNNERS!!!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2008, 10:44 PM »
you see the proplem here??????????????????????????are the ones one ebay real or fake?without seeing them in the flesh its hard to tell!!!FUNMONSTER YOU ARE WRONG SO ARE YOU MUNNERS!!!

Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one  :daumenhoch:

jb31

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2008, 10:48 PM »
^^^^ and some of you talk out of them

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2008, 10:54 PM »
^^^^ and some of you talk out of them

Why don't you just fcuk off?  You come on here shouting off about something YOU think someone wrote which they didn't and get all high and mighty.  The only person talking out of their arse is you; you CNUT.  You have an opinion as does everyone else, live with it and the fact that yours may differ to others, that dpoes not mean that they are wrong and you are right. So FCUK OFF.

jb31

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2008, 10:55 PM »
as i said before  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2008, 10:58 PM »
as i said before  :daumenhoch:

yeah, you talk and type out of yours  :daumenhoch:.

So what's your story then?

jb31

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2008, 11:05 PM »
my story is that i have genuine parts that cost me a lot of money and time sourcing over 8 years!,JUST TO SEE SOME fookWIT CLONE THEM! OK?

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2008, 11:18 PM »
my story is that i have genuine parts that cost me a lot of money and time sourcing over 8 years!,JUST TO SEE SOME fookWIT CLONE THEM! OK?

UNLUCKY, YOU SHOULD'NT HAVE SPENT ALL THAT MONEY THEN  :LolLolLolLol:

jb31

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2008, 11:31 PM »
MAYBE NOT? BUT ATLEAST I HAVE REAL,GENUINE,PARTS FROM THE 80S ,NOT SOME CRAP MADE LAST WEEK IN A BACK STREET CHOP SHOP ON A RUSTY LATHE

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hutch Aerospeed and Hutch Beartrap advice!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx