gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 04:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  25th anniversary TA
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 25th anniversary TA  (Read 2242 times)

JT71

Re: 25th anniversary TA
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 02:11 PM »
Probably at some point  :LolLolLolLol:  And if like normal for alot less than I pay for it  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

in that case: first dib dobs please.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 04:42 PM »
Yeah... the whole "NOS" thing is a touchy subject, and varies from person to person on what is considered "NOS".
 We are using all "old stock" material for this frame and fork set.  The bottom brackets are already stamped with a serial number and date. 
 When Skyway stopped making the T/A race frameset when freestyle was all the rage, production switched from the T/A, to the Street Beat.  This was around 1986.  In essence, these framesets that we are welding up would have been the 1986 or 1987 model Skyway T/A's.  Is it still considered an NOS product if we're using all original material?  Yeah, sorta.  BUT, we're welding them now, so the welding will be 2008 welding, and the powder coating will be new.  If you strip down an NOS frame to re-paint it... is it still considered NOS?
 So, it's up to you on what you want to call them.  I look at them as the "lost production model year T/A"  The model year that should have seen the welding torch 20 something years ago, but hasn't.  Until now.
 Props to Skyway for keeping the material in storage in pristine condition for all of these years.  It's almost like they were waiting for the "Vintage BMX" era to begin....!
 We are planning on stamping the frame with a "2008" stamp so there is no confusing these with the others.  Not sure if we're going to stamp the dropout, or the BB shell, but Greg does have equipment to stamp a frame.  Heck, maybe we can personalize some!
 We'll see.......

highrisedrifter

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Yeah... the whole "NOS" thing is a touchy subject, and varies from person to person on what is considered "NOS".
 We are using all "old stock" material for this frame and fork set.  The bottom brackets are already stamped with a serial number and date. 
 When Skyway stopped making the T/A race frameset when freestyle was all the rage, production switched from the T/A, to the Street Beat.  This was around 1986.  In essence, these framesets that we are welding up would have been the 1986 or 1987 model Skyway T/A's.  Is it still considered an NOS product if we're using all original material?  Yeah, sorta.  BUT, we're welding them now, so the welding will be 2008 welding, and the powder coating will be new.  If you strip down an NOS frame to re-paint it... is it still considered NOS?
 So, it's up to you on what you want to call them.  I look at them as the "lost production model year T/A"  The model year that should have seen the welding torch 20 something years ago, but hasn't.  Until now.
 Props to Skyway for keeping the material in storage in pristine condition for all of these years.  It's almost like they were waiting for the "Vintage BMX" era to begin....!
 We are planning on stamping the frame with a "2008" stamp so there is no confusing these with the others.  Not sure if we're going to stamp the dropout, or the BB shell, but Greg does have equipment to stamp a frame.  Heck, maybe we can personalize some!
 We'll see.......

Oh god... A personalised frame... I think I just wet myself!

It's interesting that the frames will have the original serial and date stamp on them. I quite like that idea. It's as you say, the "lost frames" are finally seeing the light.

Offline Stace

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Probably at some point  :LolLolLolLol:  And if like normal for alot less than I pay for it  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

in that case: first dib dobs please.  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

This one won't be going anywhere  :daumenhoch:

munners

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 05:27 PM »
Nor will mine!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2008, 05:45 PM »
Lets just cal them

LOS framesets then  ;D

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2008, 06:43 PM »
SO HAVE THESE ALL BEEN ALLOCATED?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?

highrisedrifter

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 06:44 PM »

No idea mate. Go to Coloredtuffs.com and send Ed an email asking to be put on the list. You may get lucky.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:08 PM by highrisedrifter »

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 06:49 PM »
Not sure yet.  Yes, we have enough people on the list to sell these out fast enough, but I know that some people will drop off the list when it comes time to pay for them.
 Just email me at sales@coloredtuffs.com" and put "Skyway T/A frameset" in the subject line and I'll put you on the list.
-Ed

Offline dwain dibbly

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 06:53 PM »
Not sure yet.  Yes, we have enough people on the list to sell these out fast enough, but I know that some people will drop off the list when it comes time to pay for them.
 Just email me at sales@coloredtuffs.com" and put "Skyway T/A frameset" in the subject line and I'll put you on the list.
-Ed
done !!!!!:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 07:18 PM »
So off all of us that are on the list what are your plans for them. Will you build it or just keep it as a frame set.

Mine will be staying sealed in the box for a very long time I imagine.  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 07:27 PM »
I cant decide what to do with it yet. If Ed wants to sponsor me, I might even race it in the OSSS08  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 07:36 PM »
I rode Spillers brothers TA and have to say I really liked it. That was the first time I'd ridden a TA round a race track and it felt really good. Biy surprised really as it's got a really short top tube length.

munners

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2008, 07:37 PM »
So off all of us that are on the list what are your plans for them. Will you build it or just keep it as a frame set.

Mine will be staying sealed in the box for a very long time I imagine.  :daumenhoch:

SNAP.  ;)

highrisedrifter

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2008, 07:45 PM »
Yep, I think I may keep mine in the box too.

I think i'll get it out and have a butcher's at it first though.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2008, 10:27 PM »

I'm not really getting this , you're gonna keep an 07 repro/re intro F+F in it's box ? . I'd rather build a really nice 83/84 TA to look at if I was'nt gonna use it  ??? .

Are these 07 F+F the old tubes left over then ? . 

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2008, 10:29 PM »
My names down but i did'nt make the cut, still very interested if people drop out, thanks :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2008, 11:20 PM »

I'm not really getting this , you're gonna keep an 07 repro/re intro F+F in it's box ? . I'd rather build a really nice 83/84 TA to look at if I was'nt gonna use it  ??? .

Yes, apparently they are from 1986/87 and will be identified as such on the frames.  Sound like a bargain to me at $500.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2008, 11:23 PM »

Yes, apparently they are from 1986/87 and will be identified as such on the frames.  Sound like a bargain to me at $500.

Eh ?  :LolLolLolLol:

Gotta disagree , a pretty good early one is'nt loads more .
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 12:29 AM by Mattdub »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  25th anniversary TA

gfxgfx
gfx gfx