gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 08:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  QP @ Noonday Creek Park Atlanta
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: QP @ Noonday Creek Park Atlanta  (Read 686 times)

QuadPaul

QP @ Noonday Creek Park Atlanta
« on: January 08, 2008, 04:03 PM »
Finally got round to downloading the pics off my camera - only taken 3 months. The race was on the 13th Oct

The track reminded me of braintree, just a lot sunnier  :LolLolLolLol:

My lid nearly didn't make it, as the Lady on the check in desk wouldn't let me carry that and my Laptop on the plan, but after a heated discussion I was told to take it to security and see what happened!! Got there and security didn't even bat an eye lid, sailed straight through!!! ;D

My Wheels for the week

Check out the ABA tour bus that arrived for a club meet  :o - Change you imagine the BCF turning up at a daggers club meet with something like this.  ;D

The Track
1st & 2nd Straights

3rd & 4th Straights

The Racing

The results didn't go so great I got a 4th, 2nd & 2nd in the moto's but because of the ABA transfer system didn't make it to the final, but I was in there mixing it with 25+ plus intermediates - of which most where team sponsored riders, so had a blinding day!!!

DR VINOAH

Re: QP @ Noonday Creek Park Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 04:27 PM »
ace pix paul
and representing the Tango Army to :coolsmiley:

spillers#1

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Nice one paul  :daumenhoch: i would love to do a race in the states

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Cool as mate :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Well cool  :)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

hooga1975

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 09:51 PM »
nice one Paul, I bet that was a right good crack

KGB Matt

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 06:34 AM »
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.  :4_17_5:

Matt

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 09:06 AM »
Cool pics Paul.  Looks like a nice track too.  I'd love to do some races in America.  Maybe this year if I don't manage to see the Olympics, or 2009 definitely.

How does the transfer points system work?

How did the Chevy HHT drive?

QuadPaul

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 10:09 AM »
They were a really friendly bunch so if you ever get a chance I'd say go for it. (They didn't even get the ump when I started ribbing them about devils pedals  >:D)
I was like the novelty, got bigged up over the tanoy and had kids coming to talk to me to here my funny ACCENT -  I WAS LIKE THE FREAK SHOW but in a nice way  :LolLolLolLol:

The transfer system is wierd, and it depends on how many people are in the class, but basically if there are 4 people in a class for example - The winner of each moto goes direct to the Final, so finally in moto 3 you are left with 2 people in a run off for 1 place in the final. So not everyone gets a final.
I personally didn't like the system, and surely it's about getting laps in racing. But if you win your 1st moto you get 2 laps racing that's it, surely that's not what BMX is all about :idiot2:

The HHT drove OK but it was dull as dishwater & cheap plastic everywhere inside!!

dialledbikes

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 01:58 PM »
Transfer systems sounds good for people who only care about winning.  How boring it must be going to a meeting and just racing 1 moto and going straight to the final!  I think if I was winning Moto 1 or Moto 2 (OK, pigs might fly), I would finish second on purpose so I could race again.

Our South Region system where everybody gets a final/more track time is better.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 02:00 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  QP @ Noonday Creek Park Atlanta

gfxgfx
gfx gfx