gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975763 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 06:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  jammy git
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: jammy git  (Read 723 times)

insideoutland

jammy git
« on: January 02, 2008, 01:20 PM »
theres nout better than seeing someone come up with a nice find..ie > car boot > local dump > friends garage > even in laybuys and wasteland..anyone got any storys and photos :)  O and ebay not inc, "too easy" :knuppel2:

cheers phil :daumenhoch:

thesku11s

Re: jammy git
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 01:58 PM »
I found a complete good condition DB harry Leary Turbo in a second hand bike shop.

was only missing original wheels, brake calipers, pedals & saddle.

But came as a complete bike really good nick.

Got it for £20 if I remember right.

insideoutland

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 02:03 PM »
nice one  :shocked: £20

RaceGTinc.

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 02:11 PM »
I found a white Team Mongoose walking home, It was thrown out for hard rubbish collection by the local council.

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 02:41 PM »
Here's one for you - I visitied my folks for christmas and only a couple of days ago I remembered, whilst at their house, that about 7 years ago I threw a Falcon Pro 24" complete bike into the old abandoned quarry next door to their house [ it has become a bit of a tip zone but then cleaned up]
anyway, I thought Id climb down there and see if it had changed in the quarry - most of it has been filled in... but... there under a ton of brambles was a handlebar poking out - it was my old bike!
I often thought about it but never thought of going to see as I was sure it was all landfill - anyway, its rusted and mostly unusable, thought the frame, forks and bars can be saved - will post a pic soon!

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:44 PM »
when taking a short cut through the woods I came across a pile of dumped rubbish.
I instantly recognised one of the boxes as a Kuwahara bike box so decided to investigate.
On opening the box I couldnt believe my eyes :wtf: it was a NOS ET Kuwahara still in the packaging.

This was so totally amazing I sprinted all the way home. Jumped in the car and drove back to the spot as quickly as legally possible.
I was surprised/relieved to see it was still there. Then just as I was about to load it into the car...

I woke up.  :LolLolLolLol: I wish, maybe one day the dream will come true

Up until thrn I'll have had to settle for ebay

magna13

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 02:50 PM »
not so old school, but i found a '96 gt performer by my woods once. so brought it home... the following week i sold it to one of me mates for £100... what a score!!

Gorgonzola

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 03:26 PM »
I bought a complete Kuwi Exhibitionist for 100 EUROS, about 18 months ago, complete bike, i have just had it powder coated, and just waiting for the decals to arrive from the US.

;)

munners

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 03:37 PM »
when taking a short cut through the woods I came across a pile of dumped rubbish.
I instantly recognised one of the boxes as a Kuwahara bike box so decided to investigate.
On opening the box I couldnt believe my eyes :wtf: it was a NOS ET Kuwahara still in the packaging.

This was so totally amazing I sprinted all the way home. Jumped in the car and drove back to the spot as quickly as legally possible.
I was surprised/relieved to see it was still there. Then just as I was about to load it into the car...

I woke up.  :LolLolLolLol: I wish, maybe one day the dream will come true

Fookin Hillarious!

I had a dream last night i walked past a shed ful of old skool bike gear. I bought 5 pairs of NOS Skyway Graf Tuffs for a oner off the geezer! SAD! :LolLolLolLol:

insideoutland

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2008, 03:37 PM »
what brought this post about. was i took a trip up the tip this morn, with all the crimbo rubbish..flamin dust men :knuppel2: and got talkin to one of the workers he had worked there for over 20 years, i asked about bikes  :angel:  :( but since 8-9 years ago all waste sorted and hands off or :knuppel2: he said there used to be piles of bmx's in the corner he even used to take some home to his kids  :'(

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2008, 05:14 PM »

Marc you sod had me going for a second there  :2funny: :LolLolLolLol:

I woke up.  :LolLolLolLol: I wish, maybe one day the dream will come true

mark 2

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2008, 05:34 PM »
I went to a local auction a few years ago with a mate who was after this lathe. There was a mk 2 Ultra Burner there , had £20 on me borrowed £50 off my mate just incase. I was the only bidder, got it for £2 plus 18p commision. Sold the frame on ebay for £70 and some the bits  ended up on my Ripper - mint gold Sugino stem, gold Dia Compe 890 brakes, plus left over had Araya Aero's with Suntour hubs, Sugino chaniring and spider all in ace condition, Tech 3's, good score for parts. Never had any other luck, biding my time....

thesku11s

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2008, 09:39 PM »
I went to a local auction a few years ago with a mate who was after this lathe. There was a mk 2 Ultra Burner there , had £20 on me borrowed £50 off my mate just incase. I was the only bidder, got it for £2 plus 18p commision. Sold the frame on ebay for £70 and some the bits  ended up on my Ripper - mint gold Sugino stem, gold Dia Compe 890 brakes, plus left over had Araya Aero's with Suntour hubs, Sugino chaniring and spider all in ace condition, Tech 3's, good score for parts. Never had any other luck, biding my time....

nice one!

the only thing at my police auction is broken catolouge/toys r us mountain bikes left out in the rain by the police in a heap - so more broken.

They are worth less than the value of the metal, yet for some reason they go for around the same price youd get a nice bike of ebay for.

:idiot2:

its so incredibly rare to get what you got, a raleigh with pimped out parts - still in mint condition. - Youd think it at least wouldve been stolen & thrashed.

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 12:15 AM »
got a mini patterson from the car boot couple of years ago for £8

didnt know what it was when i brought it but it had an sr stem, araya wheels with suzue hubs so had to have it.

been split up and sold on now

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  jammy git

gfxgfx
gfx gfx