gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 08:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Look at what you could have won....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Look at what you could have won....  (Read 585 times)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Look at what you could have won....
« on: January 08, 2008, 08:29 AM »
Don't you just hate websites that offer stuff they clearly don't have, know they can't get but tell you they can anyway.

You wait a week for it to arrive. Then when you chase it up they say sorry were out of stock, but we can order it for you. If they can order it why the fook havent they ordered it already.

Then a couple of days later you get an email "sorry the suppliers have no stock we will refund you payment". Which then takes another three days and a phone call as they dont have your details.

So all in all, they have your money for around two weeks for fook all. When you could have ordered it from somewhere else if they had bothered to tell you in the first place

Arrrrrgggggh!  :rant:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Look at what you could have won....
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 08:54 AM »
it is very annoying!!!   :tickedoff:   my Mrs ordered me Mr Hoffmans book from a very well known book shop (black and gold signs) she ordered it on the 10th of December as the web site showed it as 'in stock' it still hasn't arrived and she has had to chase it all the time!  she's been told that it wasn't in stock and they have had to order it from the states!   :knuppel2:

spinmaster

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 09:33 AM »
sounds like winstanleys

wildwood1971

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 09:44 AM »
Pickle, give us a shout if it don't turn up i've got a copy here that you can buy - i bought it from a fellow rad member and read it in 2 nights!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 09:50 AM »
thanks for the offer mate but the Mrs bought if as a pressie and it is on it's way......so they tell us!   ::)

Trev

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 10:09 AM »
a lot of shops are doing that now.
it's quite funny when i have stuff for sale and the shops drop their prices, so i have to drop mine too. but if you phone up these "certain" shops and ask them if they've got it, they'll say their expecting it in a few days when i know damn well that the distributors aren't getting them for at least another month.

one example was the bike kits i do. one member on here was waiting on me to get him one but i wasn't sure exactly when they were coming in. he saw another bike shop advertising them, so said he'll get one of them (even though it was more expensive, but at least they were supposed to have had it). when he spoke to them, they told him they're expecting them any day now. they were the same ones as i do. the distributor had no idea when they were arriving. the checked with the manufacturers and even they couldn't give a date. it's been well over two months and theres still no sign of them, yet a shop had promised a customer it would only be a few days.

i only sell stuff that i have in my posession.

dialledbikes

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 10:32 AM »
One place advertised my frames on their website even though they'd never had a dialled bikes frame in stock, ever.

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 10:38 AM »
i only sell stuff that i have in my posession.

got any barends???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

priv

edit:had to get in there first :daumenhoch:

Twinkle

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 10:39 AM »
One place advertised my frames on their website even though they'd never had a dialled bikes frame in stock, ever.

That just takes the biscuit !!!!!!

I wont buy from Amazon anymore because they caught me with a load of our sons christmas presents year before last - I cancelled the order at the end of January in the end as gave up on them but when I ordered them in November they told me they were all in stock!!!

Offline jimwise68

• Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 10:41 AM »
They keep your money in a nice high interest account and earn a bit of interest of it and then send it back.
All nice and legal and earning interest from your money. A great business.

:daumenhoch:

KGB Matt

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 03:23 PM »
sounds like winstanleys

It's not just me then.

Matt

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Look at what you could have won....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx