gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 07:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  King of Vert Mansfield
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: King of Vert Mansfield  (Read 3406 times)

christhejob

Re: King of Vert Mansfield
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2007, 08:43 PM »
the pic at mansfield is definitely mick hudson! i have a pic of it in 20 from a very similar angle, and it's mick.  not sure if jason ellis rode at mansfield KOV.
james hudson won the first round in portsmouth.  he got such a slagging off mark noble in invert it made me want to be sick.  i think noble decided scott carroll won that day, and because he didn't he went balls out slagging james.
then his invert write-up about mansfield slagged bessie off for pointing at the platform after his 900.  because tabron didn't win
were, coincidentally, simon and scott riding for the teamextreme "spin back the pedal" invert half-pipe club run by mark's dad at the time?????????????? ehhhh?

rosscoe

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2007, 09:21 PM »
ok, scanners bo11oxed so took a coupla photies - you get the idea. me n technology aint the best of friends.......

and its a footplant not an air, I know

very talented little buggers that lot

Ross

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2007, 09:35 PM »
Awesome mate....thanks for that....that pic of John rules for the time!

That pic of Ell doing the fast plant thing was at the poxy skatepark bank just down the rode from their house, that's where Stu got his pic took.

Love that pic of Dino doing his freeky decade right at the bottom, I bet Dino hasn't seen that pic in 20 years so I'll have to send it to him.

Great stuff mate....I wish I'd have kept that copy.

It was a great day!

Daz.

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

welsh denny

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2007, 11:08 PM »
These are great pics, reminded me that I have a load of footage which I filmed on sony 8mm that day but dont currently have anyway of playing it or transfering it over....another Job for new year I suppose...

i 'm always transfering 8mm and hi -8 tapes to digital if that's any use to you. i  just link the 8mm camcorder to the mini dv (must have dv in) camcorder, record and upload to the pc- for editing ,straight off uploading to youtube ,etc or just copy it to dvd via dvd recorder. if you don't wanna shell out for  spec camcorders send me the tapes and i'll do it for you. have to send secure post as i know how priceless the old footage is.

welsh denny

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2007, 11:13 PM »
forgot to mention how awesome the pics are. i've got some footage from this day filmed from the balcony so maybe youtube it soon. james hudsun did ride this day as his run is on the tape i have. got simon ,scott carroll and jason davies final runs from portsmouth ukkov and also some of the ukkov from shepton mallett. james hudsun with the backwards (facing) drop in. scary stuff.

yoda

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 09:52 AM »
dave didnt you ride at this meet,i remember seeing pics of you at mansfield.
Hey Dan, I didnt ride at this meet as I was still pretty fkd up from a bad crash I'd had a couple of weeks before on my first ever Stateside trip. I rode a few comps at Mansfield over the years maybe you saw some pics from them???

macky

« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2007, 08:39 PM »
Brilliant pics, great to see we were sat right next to the ramp, got to meet Mat Hoffman!! good days!!
Does Ollie Matthews still ride??

mk1jettag60

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 09:02 PM »
hi

just joined the site, went to school with the hudsons and jase ellis was one of my buddies growing up, still see john,micky,chris hudson in town and still in contact with jase

awsome pics btw

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 11:36 AM »
hi

just joined the site, went to school with the hudsons and jase ellis was one of my buddies growing up, still see john,micky,chris hudson in town and still in contact with jase

awsome pics btw

Who are you then mate as I might know you?

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

mk1jettag60

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 01:44 PM »
you might not know me as i used to race  and wasn't really into freestyle, stoped riding just as they started to become good

jamie fagan

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 04:26 PM »
you might not know me as i used to race  and wasn't really into freestyle, stoped riding just as they started to become good

jamie fagan

Nah...you're right mate....we've not met. You never know though so it's always worth asking.

Spent many an hour at Castle Hudson, it'd be nice to get back in touch with Ell and John. Does the family still live in the same house, I expect most of the kids have moved on but does their Mam and Dad still live there?

Sorry to hijack the thread Gary, PM me if you want Jamie.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  King of Vert Mansfield

gfxgfx
gfx gfx