gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 01:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  routing through shit
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: routing through shit  (Read 655 times)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
routing through shit
« on: December 29, 2007, 11:46 PM »
i took ten minutes to have a gander through my bits and bobs today, i had forgotton what i owned to be truthfull. finding 401's and 400's, dx cranks, dx pedals and other stuff of nice quality and i started thinking. If it's of so little importance to me that i forget i own it, why the hell can't i sell it? I want to but i can't. I have sold a few bits and bobs that i have double but can't seem to bring myself to part with any of it. Anybody got any tips on letting go(i'll take it off you will not be usefull at this juncture) and am i alone in this? I can part with f+f's easily enough but the parts are a different kettle of fish all together. Is there any psychologists on rad who can point out any event in my childhood that makes me like this. My fooking car is wrecked after some knobend side swiped me (un insured driver and i will get my dosh in 5 years from the dutch insurance)and my other car is just shit and i am ashamed to drive in it. There is a good cash value for this swag and yet i carry on driving around in a 1991 opel omega estate(vauxhall carlton) in burgundy with dints and left hand drive, or as dave at work calls it, the hurse. I could buy a 1000 pound run around, but i would like a decent chariot with low miles and a recent plate. Saving is not really my strong point so the easy option is sell some 80's metal. I know some people want certain things off me and will pay good brass, but they just happen to be some of my favourite things and then i would feel so bad. Ah fookit, i'm gonna have to work this one out myself and bite the bullet. :angrysoapbox: :rant: thanks for listening/reading the more i type the more it makes sense to one person.
ding dong

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
Re: routing through shit
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 11:53 PM »
lol....dont sweat it jt....

first dib dobs on anything.....haha

dave
haro, how do you do

sonic-1

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 12:45 AM »
the thing yer need to think about is if you build another o/s how would you feel buyin the parts for wot they cost now !!!! as the price on some bits is just mad n dont think it will get better
hang on to the parts for now n see if the prices get sillyer

mark 2

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 03:55 AM »
I'm in the same boat J.T., and Dan Harris went through it too a while back. Got stuff all over the place that would fetch good money, improve my car,  pay off my debts, holiday, bump a bit of the mortgage etc but I just can't be arsed to sell anything. A wise man on here said to me once you can get  almost any frame you want within a fortnight or so but to get all the bits your after takes the time. If you think about it that's another 15 or so bits to find and if your that specific on what you want it could run into years now on a build. So you might be hanging on to stuff for "what if"  for a later date build perhaps and you'd be kicking yourself for letting go. I think I'm just a lazy twat who can't be arsed to go down the post office.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 09:41 AM »
take the emotion out of it, choose a car you really like and then work out how much dosh you can raise from certain parts you may not really need, and whack them up for sale.....

focus on the car and the fact you are treating yourself...

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 10:04 AM »
Put another perspective on it!! The parts you have could help complete other peoples builds, parts are fast becoming a problem to find so a fresh supply could be whats needed. If we all stockpile what we have and dont need, then others may give up trying to build bikes!!  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

scary_leary

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 02:34 PM »
take the emotion out of it, choose a car you really like and then work out how much dosh you can raise from certain parts you may not really need, and whack them up for sale.....

focus on the car and the fact you are treating yourself...

Best bit of advice ive heard for along time..spot on

Don't dis the carlton man.. thats a proper pussywagon...oh and wheres me house warming invite? im your only true friend on here  >:D

John u could easily start the saving off by selling me those £20 decks  :-*

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 12:55 AM »
decks are here, you just have to pick them up lee, number 303 ;) bob round tomorrow afternoon, i think i'm out for new year.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  routing through shit

gfxgfx
gfx gfx