gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 09:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  dew Tour highlights
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dew Tour highlights  (Read 1727 times)

superFLY69

dew Tour highlights
« on: December 29, 2007, 10:49 PM »
what the F**k

how many whips
i cant even count them

http://www.bmxonline.com/video.jsp?ID=2538&type=video

DML

Re: dew Tour highlights
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 10:57 PM »
Made me dizzy just watching it  :LolLolLolLol:

Trev

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 11:06 PM »
awesome vid.  :daumenhoch:   love the 1080.

rosscoe

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 11:25 PM »
what...................................the............................................fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk

Sean 2000

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 11:44 PM »
Rad as Fark!

I'm so bored  :'(

The "R"

Trev

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 11:57 PM »
Rad as Fark!

I'm so bored  :'(

The "R"

Howdy Dowdy "R".  How's the rehab going now the stitches are out?

welsh denny

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 12:29 AM »
death defying is more apt for some of the tricks being done here. super rad and props to those riding.

DJ

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 09:21 AM »
the lookback 360, the can-can 3 & the inverts in that video were just as mindblowing as all the spinny, whippy flippy stuff...
1080's, triple whips, triple whip 3's, double backies.... all amazing BUT with riders just adding to each rotation etc wheres the originality in it? Sooner or later a triple whip 1080 is going to see the first rider go into orbit coz he cant stop the rotation!!!!!

Do you get what I am saying? I am not taking anything away from these guys at all but what happened to variations, lates, combo's etc...? Theres only so many tailwhips you can see per run isnt there?

rosscoe

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 10:35 AM »
nope, the more the crazier.............................

its all bonkers

now go out and try even thinking about a triple whip 3........

raddest trick for me was the crazy nosed in 1 foot 360 on dirt. still not sure what I really saw......

welsh denny

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 11:44 AM »
i'm still waiting for the backflip framestand fakie on vert. lol.

(i remember back when i was about 17/18 i made a list of tricks of the future and fair do's  a lot have now been pulled though there are still some i haven't seen done yet. one trick i haven't seen pulled yet and i used to play around with it back 10 years ago or so was the 360 gay twist tailwhip . i always used a freewheel so that made it harder plus i would always try it on newports vert ramp to try get some speed from the rollback. may have some footage somewhere.) maybe i should dig the list out and cross off what has been pulled and by whom.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 09:35 PM »
I'm with DJ on this one.  I'm sick of watching whips, just like I got bored of watching flips in the 90s.

I'd be more stoked to see a massive gap done with a single, slow, lazy whip done on the way over, than a multiple whippy thing that looks like a fcuking blur to my old eyes.

Go back a decade or more, there was this big ole debate about style over stunts. It seems to me that we're heading back that way again.

All that said, I'm proper impressed with 900s on a quarterpipe    :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 09:48 PM »
I'm with DJ on this one.  I'm sick of watching whips, just like I got bored of watching flips in the 90s.

I'd be more stoked to see a massive gap done with a single, slow, lazy whip done on the way over, than a multiple whippy thing that looks like a fcuking blur to my old eyes.

Go back a decade or more, there was this big ole debate about style over stunts. It seems to me that we're heading back that way again.

All that said, I'm proper impressed with 900s on a quarterpipe    :daumenhoch:

rob agree with what your saying there mate, not been back long from the legacy jam, billy was thrown in with the pro group, now they where ripping the place apart,

billy had a really good run, done loads of tricks, then he goes to whip the vert wall to the flat bank,  witch if you know legacy it's steep as well,

well after 4 goes, he pulls it,  one whip,  3/4s of the way up the vert wall, as slow and high as you like, he pulled it and everyone went mad, just so big and kool

to see,  made my day and billys ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:50 PM by SuperBikeDan »
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Cool    :daumenhoch:

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2007, 01:08 PM »
it get' better & better.

even nicking MX tricks,superman backflip,never seen that done before
the music was sh*t though

priv

lodge

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2007, 01:50 PM »
Got to agree with DJ and twobob, although i appreciate the difficulty of the whippy tricks i would rather see a rider blast a massive invert or lookback out of a tranny, mike miller or chase hawk being good examples, pure style!
In my humble opinion sooner or later whips will go out of fashion but lookbacks and inverts never will they are still as respected as much today as bitd.

welsh denny

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 05:02 PM »
inverts, lookbacks and few other tricks will NEVER go out of fashion. they are true classics.

here's one from caerphilly- craig jones.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 05:40 PM »
Surely a lookback was originally a 'Leary'?    Got to be one of the first tricks ever.....

To my mind, it all started with the x-up and the tabletop, and they're both cracking tricks today in my book   :daumenhoch:

lodge

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 06:14 PM »
I think your right it was a leary, some n/s riders such as chase dont actually have that many tricks but there still at the top of the game. tables and x ups have been around forever but everyone still does em also there tricks that feel good.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 06:28 PM »
Damn straight   :daumenhoch:

And there never has, or never will be a substitute for going big.  And lil ole Chase has plenty of that in his bag   :4_17_5:

DJ

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 06:31 PM »
dont get me wrong like I said, its all frickin impressive for sure but gets very tedious after a while. MC'ing some of these events can be like a scratched record, if i had to say "whip to tap" 1 time I had to say it a thousand times this summer!!!!
The nose dive 3's (corey bohan!!! oh yeah that guy has style), miller's lookback 3's, watkinsons inverts, anything dilleward does is so much better than all this multiple stuff....

as for "copying" FMX stuff? Isnt FMX just BMX with an engine & they stole all our tricks in the first place??? Im probaly totally alone on this but that whole FMX thing just bores me now, same shit different day really.... & no matter how many times they say it IT IS NOT A fookIN BACKFLIP 360!!!!! Its just a tweaked flip!!!!

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 06:40 PM »
I've been saying it for years DJ, FMX is a clear 10 years behind BMX.  Always has been, and will continue to be for a while yet. I think they're catching up, but until I start seeing 180s and PROPER stylish 360s I'm not going to go mad for it.

I like FMX, simply because I like motocross and supercross, in fact I'm going to see the Crusty Demons at Wembley this coming weekend, but that won't change my opinion that the copying is being done from t'other side   :)

lodge

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 06:49 PM »
I like FMX but there is no where near the same skill level as bmx, it gets a lot of recognition due to the fact that it looks more impressive to the untrained eye, but dont get me wrong those FMX dudes got big balls.

oldsky

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 07:07 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhh...............my........................god. :4_17_5:

rory

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 07:19 PM »
so many crazy tricks, im sure i saw a one hand turn down on the vert ramp, havnt seen anyone do them since greg guillote.
i like the one foot spin , but think the foot came off to stop over spinage, we used to call it a   counter balance spin  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  dew Tour highlights

gfxgfx
gfx gfx