gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old pics - Bradford 84?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old pics - Bradford 84?  (Read 1523 times)

Geth

Old pics - Bradford 84?
« on: December 04, 2005, 09:54 PM »
Been going through some of my old pics and trying to work out who's who on some of them.
I have Simon Bailey in 2nd behind me.
Who's that in 3rd? Is it "Big Plinky"? I'm fairly sure it is Andy Lincoln!
I'm sure he wore that gear for racing.....

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Re: Old pics - Bradford 84?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 09:56 PM »
Geth, If you wouldn't have said Simon Bailey I would have sworn that it was Jason Duffy in 2nd!

Geth

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 10:04 PM »
I'm 99% sure that is Simon Bailey.
I think Jason Duffy used a full face? Or did he? Got me doubting myself now!

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Yeah you prob right, Im pretty sure Jason used a full face. It's just that Bradford was the Duffy's home track until Greetland opened up

Geth

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 10:25 PM »
Didn't the Duffy's always look "factory"?!
Turning up in that motor home with the whole family in Hutch gear!

Offline danny silverstreak

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 10:33 PM »
the man behind the ropes "looks just like tom selleck" ;D

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 10:34 PM »
Were they actually sponsered by Hutch?? or did they just have all the gear and very rich parents!

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Yup guilty that's me behind Simon. There's a picture in a BMX racer and Freestyle I'll see if I can find of the same meeting with that guy on the Pegeot's? elbow right in my ribs round the same corner.

That was one weird age group set up for cruisers normally I raced with Rich Freeman on 20" so that must be 14+ cruiser or open cruiser or something like that.

One of my fav tracks Bradford the swooping downhill 3rd turn had to be one of the best in the North East and then into the pointy table top you were never quite sure if you wanted to take flat out or not.

Anyway one things for sure doesn't look like me or Simon are giving you any problems.

Cheers

Andy

« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 10:52 PM by Bigplinky »
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Geth

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2005, 01:02 PM »
Andy,
I thought it was you!

The guy in the Peugot gear  is Shaun Calvert (I think) who still races these days and was actually World Champion in 40+ Cruiser a couple of years ago.

Cruiser class then was everyone on a 24" lumped together. I don't think age came into it!

I can't believe you remember what the track was like! I can't remember a bloody thing about where I came at that race or what the track was like apart from it had an uphill first straight!

Nosnod - I think the Duffy's were part sponsored by Hutch and part by rich parents like you say!

Danny, the Tom Selleck lookalike is Pete Dawson who worked for Hotshot at the time and is Dave Dawsons Dad. He became my team manager for Redline the next year after this pic.

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2005, 05:26 PM »
I am pretty sure I have got some good pics of the Bradford track, will have a look tonight and scan them in  :)

weston

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 07:09 PM »
get them bradford bandit pics out... i'll go to my parents this week & dig some out...

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2005, 09:39 PM »
Found a few from 1983..... :)

Doubles on the 2nd straight (after you had got past all the localsĀ  >:()

The table top drop off after the great fast 3rd berm

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 06:57 PM »
Hey Geth

Here's another moto from the same day (from BMX Biker Monthly)

What do you recon then deliberate elbow or just slid into me? I go for take out move. If it is Mr Calvert then I've got 3 years to sharpen my elbows up to get me own back. :knuppel2:

Your amazed I can remember Bradford track don't think your as amazed as me that you knew who was behind Simon I can hardly remember anybody who raced in my age group never mind people who are a couple of age groups younger. If another Wheelbase night comes off I'll give you a rematch to the first corner. :santa_grin:

Scott, man those doubles were worn out even then but that table top still looks a bit blood scary with that short landing

Here's another pic mid 3rd turn.

Later

Andy

Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Geth

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 09:31 PM »
That picture you put up Andy must have been the same race as the pic i put up by the looks of it.
I can see some of my team mates standing at the corner.
Russ O'Keefe & Matt O'Keefe!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old pics - Bradford 84?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx