gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 08:44 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  the original bike used in E.T. the movie.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: the original bike used in E.T. the movie.....  (Read 8915 times)

welsh denny

the original bike used in E.T. the movie.....
« on: December 27, 2007, 12:23 PM »
i f any of you out there read the Sun today then you may have read that one of the blokes out of Kasabian bought the original bike (kuwie) used in E.T. the movie.
£10,000 he is supposed to have paid for it and he had a life size E.T. made to go in the basket which he rides around his flat.
apparently he just paid another £8,000 for life size c3-po & r2-d2 replica's too.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Re: the original bike used in E.T. the movie.....
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Could you scan a piccy? Would love to see more about this ;)

Dhillon

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 12:51 PM »
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 01:36 PM »
As the ET bike goes , i'm sure quite a few were used in the movie . Would love to see a pic of it , I would imagine if a genuine movie bike then it may look a little used ! lol .

mark 2

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 01:48 PM »
I really have got my doubts if it's a film original - always been cynical about this. Speilberg's probably like George Lucas and has stored most original films props knowing how iconic things are as pieces of cinema history. Can't see him sacking props off for the sake of a few quid....It's either the usual exagerated tabloid story or something taken out of context as the Kasabian bloke just having a Kuwahara ET. Or he got stung and might have naively bought it bullshitted as original.....

eloopnai

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 01:57 PM »
he bought it off a bloke in leicester which is also where hes from
gotta agree with the last post on this and im sure there was more than one used and cant see them letting them go after the movie

mark 2

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 02:04 PM »
Showaddywaddy are from Leicster too, maybe they sold it to him, kept it in showbiz circles? I'm sure I read somewhere Speilberg sent it to the 'waddy as he was a big fan of revival rock n roll based party music. I might be wrong....  ::)

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 02:34 PM »
Showaddywaddy are from Leicster too, maybe they sold it to him, kept it in showbiz circles? I'm sure I read somewhere Speilberg sent it to the 'waddy as he was a big fan of revival rock n roll based party music. I might be wrong....  ::)

:2funny: :2funny:

priv

snav69

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2007, 03:25 PM »
I hope it aint a looptail one he's bought  ::) as the one Elliot used in the film wasn't  :shocked:

:coolsmiley:

eloopnai

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 03:44 PM »
bmx plus oct 82 just read the et article in this mag there was 20 bikes deliverd to the film studios for the film and only 5 used at a time so me thinks there was probally 4 of each type of bike ?

othomas2

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 05:10 PM »
I hope it aint a looptail one he's bought  ::) as the one Elliot used in the film wasn't  :shocked:

Are there any non-loops around ?? can't recollect seeing one.... not that I've paid much notice though lol... i

cheers
O

mark 2

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 05:21 PM »
It was a kz-1 frame sprayed up in the film Owen, not the looptail kz-2.5 that were used for the bikes in the shops.   have a look on jamie's kuwahara site, i'm sure there's some article on there somewhere :daumenhoch:

othomas2

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 05:26 PM »
thanks... I'll take a look...

just watchin' the movie now :)

snav69

othomas2

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 05:30 PM »
SO it would be slightly more authentic and cheaper to build one from a kz1 f&f ?? if you were goin for true movie replica

Trev

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 05:37 PM »

what's a looptail....  :LolLolLolLol:

snav69

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 05:40 PM »

what's a looptail....  :LolLolLolLol:

::)  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:

And Owen , Thats what i would do if i came across a KZ1  :daumenhoch:

Offline region11

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 06:14 PM »
elliots bike in the movie was a loopy ET kuwie, but wiv different parts to the replicas you could buy.  The other bikes in the movie were KZ models.  Although if you look back in the mags the early ad from Everything bicycles shows a KZ painted in ET colours :)
Neil

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 06:27 PM »
so if elliotts bike was an "ET "kuwi    they he must have known he was coming along, as it would just have been a normal kuwahara when they went and bought it from the shop    :idiot2:

i have my coat on   :bondage:

mark 2

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 06:35 PM »
elliots bike in the movie was a loopy ET kuwie, but wiv different parts to the replicas you could buy.  The other bikes in the movie were KZ models.  Although if you look back in the mags the early ad from Everything bicycles shows a KZ painted in ET colours :)

It wasn't a looptail, pause button and squint in a bit. When he skids in the forrest just before they build the communicator there's a few good close ups. What a geek for knowing

:LolLolLolLol:

eloopnai

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 06:42 PM »
if you go here      http://www.23mag.com/dl/dlp.htm          and download   bmx plus 10 82   theres an interview with bob haro about these bikes they were kz1 custom sprayed    :daumenhoch:

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 06:48 PM »
It definately wasn't a Looptail it was a KZ-1. Not sure how many different bikes were used through out the film but in different shots I noticed it had a Tuf Neck Chainwheel cross type like the Redline ones and Black Oakley .5 Grips, Red Kusuki/Win Slant Stem and what looks like Blackwall IRC Racer Tyres.

Now I am sad. I have watched this film a few times :LolLolLolLol:

bodamus ;)

snav69

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 08:47 PM »
I grabbed these with powerdvd , not the best pics but shows its not a looptail  :daumenhoch:

othomas2

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 09:31 PM »
Awesome... nice one... ;)

O

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  the original bike used in E.T. the movie.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx