gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 02:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  kuwahara lazerbars...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: kuwahara lazerbars...  (Read 802 times)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
kuwahara lazerbars...
« on: December 19, 2007, 09:43 AM »
right then..to clear something up that is ongoing ( not in bad way!) with another member, can i get a definative answer on the following question please!

kuwie laserbars...were they all stamped?

think is i have some on my laserlite which came to me stamped,as i though they all did...then i bought another set..same weight and geo, knurled and unstamped...

the seller confirmed to me they were laserbars and that they were just unstamped ones....they werent mega money so i wasnt overly concerned as the seller seemed fairly straightforward and upfront....

is there a definative answer...?

thanks in advance

Jt

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
Re: kuwahara lazerbars...
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:12 AM »
jt   I'm no expert on this, but my best mate had a Laserlite BITD and his bars werent stamped they just had a decal. I was so jealous of him thats why I have one now. :LolLolLolLol:

best person to ask is probably bodamus he's done loads of kuwie's so probably had more dealings with parts.

any news on the Laserlite decal yet buddy

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 10:24 AM »
I agree - Mr Turner give Ian a shout as he will know !

I have genuine Laserlite bars  but my bike is in the loft, however I think they are unstamped - I think its got something to do with dates ie early and late

or

something to do with some Kuwi stuff was made by Nitto

but hey what do I know eh - give Ian a shout

Nick

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 10:58 AM »
coolio...dont even kjnow why i asked..my nova i had when i was 13 had laserbars and they werent stamped!!

:LolLolLolLol:

ta guys.

Jt

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:42 PM »
JT - I think most of the laserlite bars were made by Nitto and agree with gashead about the stamp thing being to do with production dates, just like the Tange/Kuwahara frames.

Spoke to Del re decals he said he just needs to confirm dimension before doing some test prints. fingers crossed.

Gashead - Loving the blk/gold nove(a) just doing my KZ1 in same colour scheme. will post pics when done. I have seen some that overdo the gold, subtle is best I think.

Frosty

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 05:42 PM »
I have a pair of each, 1 stamped 1 unstamped.

unstamped now on my laserlite post a re-chrome

stamped ready for my Nova have since been re-chromed

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 03:39 PM »
to clear this up. kuwahara had kuwahara bars untill they started etching them and calling them laser bars(posts too) same bars, just more branding, same time as they started branding on the frames too(kz83 unstamped/kz84 stamped all over the place). both are kuwahara, one is a laserbar, the other just kuwhara bars, helps you to date them(roughly). both kuwahara! so don't worry, but it aint a laserbar/post unless it says laserbars/post :LolLolLolLol:
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  kuwahara lazerbars...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx