gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:49 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Now that
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Now that  (Read 533 times)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Now that
« on: December 18, 2007, 11:29 AM »
bmx parts have hit a certain selling cost , would u sell yours 4 any less? we all talk about how dear it is ,but would u now sell any of your parts cheeper than what the last part sold 4? I appreciate that alot of u have been in it for years, and would have bought these parts 4 nowhere near todays prices , so what r your thoughts on this , nowing that them mx 1000s ya got would sell 4 near 200 sheets. Me personally think that its quite insane but there is a market 4 os bmx

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Now that
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:52 AM »
yeh,some things are now starting to get out of control :idiot2:
im not in it to make any coin,just cos i love bikes,ANY BIKES,MX,BMX ETC,so ill only sell when ive had enough,my ripper ive had from new bitd(which hangs on the wall along side my 80'S looptail quad)I DONT THINK ID EVER SELL THE RIPPER,paid around £500 for it bitd,so i hope ill just get my money back   :'(  :LolLolLolLol:. it took me ages of saving my school dinner money and bus fair to buy it  :smitten:  :smitten:  :daumenhoch:
i still think though £350 for a set  of hutch pedals or £200 for mx 1000 brakes is   :crazy2:  >:D  :shocked:
whens it goiong to stop,probably never,so the sooner you get ya bits the better  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 11:54 AM by nicfred »

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:10 PM »
i dont think its outta control, its just the market were in .Its just gotta be accepted that these old school builds and parts r shit hot to own, and each and every bike should be looked upon that way . My veiw is , is that these bikes are rapidly becoming an asset 4 the wealthy to hang off their wall , i for one am happy that ive been able to buy what i wanted , but i can see a time when i wont be able to afford to buy what i want ,as it ll be to much to buy, so bmx collecting ell go into another league,Pk radmans bank manager must be grinning from ear to ear , with that lot in his loft (only joshing mr radman , nuff respect to ya, u must have more stock than biagio)  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 01:47 PM »
I do actually sell stuff on the cheap ie sold a GT frame and forks not so long ago for £150 with a gt stem and a nos Sugino CT crank !

Depends if your in this for the money ! Some people are - some not !

Nick :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I'v sold loads of stuff on here for less than it goes for on ebay & I'v got quite a few bit for a lot less than ebay.

It really depends who it is I'm dealing with  :-\

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 01:56 PM »
suprisingly, there havent been that many mercenary types here of late...

they stand out a mile, and are best left to ebay..

problem is there is always going to be trader's where high value product is involved...

the upside for genuine people is, if there circumstances change for whatever reason, they have always been able to get back near enough what they paid, as there hasnt really been any slumps as such....

some stuff is too dear, but then if someone buys it, it then becomes market value?

i've only been on here for a short while and have bought some lovely items at handy money...sold some on at that as well....

« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 01:57 PM by J.T »

dannywhiteley

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 02:06 PM »
Its all about supply and demand.  As the original bits get harder to find in mint condition they are gonna go up in price - simple market forces.

What also helps the rise in value is the age group of the hobby.  I used to collect vintage Star Wars toys and the exact same thing happened as the kids of the 70's got old enough to have a certain disposable income that could be spent on reliving / reviving their youth.  Nostalgia can be an expensive business.

I watched the old Star Wars toys rise and rise through the 90's.  And many figures and toys that are mint in the original packaging can go for hundreds or thousands of pounds.

I rode the wave and made a killing selling off the bulk of my collection over the last few years.  Still got a full loose complete set of figures though that will probably never go.  About a grands worth...

We are now seeing that effect in the BMX market due to the kids of the 80's getting to that age and wanting a/ the bike they could never afford BITD, or b/ the bike they had BITD.  Hence £350 pedals, £1000 Skyway frames etc.

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 02:21 PM »
Its all about supply and demand.  As the original bits get harder to find in mint condition they are gonna go up in price - simple market forces.

What also helps the rise in value is the age group of the hobby.  I used to collect vintage Star Wars toys and the exact same thing happened as the kids of the 70's got old enough to have a certain disposable income that could be spent on reliving / reviving their youth.  Nostalgia can be an expensive business.

I watched the old Star Wars toys rise and rise through the 90's.  And many figures and toys that are mint in the original packaging can go for hundreds or thousands of pounds.

I rode the wave and made a killing selling off the bulk of my collection over the last few years.  Still got a full loose complete set of figures though that will probably never go.  About a grands worth...

We are now seeing that effect in the BMX market due to the kids of the 80's getting to that age and wanting a/ the bike they could never afford BITD, or b/ the bike they had BITD.  Hence £350 pedals, £1000 Skyway frames etc.

Got to agree there, my brother still has loads of star wars stuff left and its worth a mint and its the same with skateboarding i know some
skate decks are fetching several hundreds of pounds for a bit of wood with a rare design on it.

This hobby is only going to get harder as things dry up and too many people chasing that one item

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 02:41 PM »
nowing that them mx 1000s ya got would sell 4 near 200 sheets.

I would expect NOS black or chrome ones with cables on levers to go for more than £200 now Wardy.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Now that

gfxgfx
gfx gfx