gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  PaulM Flairing???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PaulM Flairing???  (Read 4133 times)

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: PaulM Flairing???
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2007, 02:03 PM »

and radbmx moving 2 fooking lorry loads of foam for em

yes and only rarman got a free entry ticket so i heard lol
and two was heavy to carry at once lol

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2007, 02:22 PM »

and radbmx moving 2 fooking lorry loads of foam for em

yes and only rarman got a free entry ticket so i heard lol
and two was heavy to carry at once lol

how would you know, you was on top of it asleep.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2007, 03:44 PM »
yeah more like you was ya mean

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2007, 07:17 PM »
Great for jumping on though, thats the highest I`ll ever get on a vert ramp  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Trev

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2007, 11:10 PM »
Great for jumping on though, thats the highest I`ll ever get on a vert ramp  :daumenhoch:

come on bill, i know you've got it in you to air it.
i know there's this 540's in your 40's thing going around. but as far as i'm concerned, you're the only person i know who's in their forties that is still really going for it as if they are a teenager. no disrespect to twobob (who i think is a fantastic rider), but you're the only oldie i see really pushing your boundaries. you have no fear when attacking a jump box or any other ramp. without sounding to a**e licking, you really are an inspirational rider. dmc has been riding at the top level forever. twobob rides within his limits. you're the only one i know who still pushes beyond that level. i so wish i still had that bottle.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2007, 11:16 PM »
Thanks Trev  :-*

But the difference is I ache like fook after riding  :LolLolLolLol:

I do think that the resi at Corby is the only chance I `ll get to get any air on a vert ramp though  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2007, 11:28 PM »
i would take that ache and pain if i could air or jump like you. i'm sure most of us mere mortals would be the same.

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2007, 11:55 PM »
i would take that ache and pain if i could air or jump like you. i'm sure most of us mere mortals would be the same.

are you drunk?

i know mr william stupple ;) was a hero to a lot of us when we were kids but bloody hell trev,you've never said this many nice things about me

priv

Trev

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2007, 12:03 AM »

are you drunk?

i know mr william stupple ;) was a hero to a lot of us when we were kids but bloody hell trev,you've never said this many nice things about me

priv

priv, when you can jump like our leader, i'm sure i'll start saying nice things about you ;)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2007, 11:57 AM »
twobob rides within his limits.

Fcuk me Trev........  bit of a sweeping statement.....?

The only place I ride within my limits is Rom.  I'm all too aware of how dangerous that place can be, and how old and fat I actually am.  So for me, spending a session manualling around the moguls makes me very happy indeed. I go home just as sore and tired as Bill or anyone else, usually with a grin on my face.   Just as it should be.

I'm scared at Skaterham. Simple as that. Vert is scary if you're trying to progress, which I do. It's also a bloody slow progress if you have no natural talent, which I don't. It's all just bloody hard graft to me. Perhaps you don't appreciate how slow vert progress can be once you're old and fat.  Peg stalls and grinds (once I've dialled them) will have taken me 3 years to learn on vert. Each extra 6 inches of height you can basically book a year against. Just doing two airs back to back that look and feel the same can take months.  It's a marathon, not a sprint, thats for sure.  Epics vert ramp is about 3ft higher than Skaterham, or if you want to look at it another way, about 25%.  I rolled in and aired that ramp on my first visit to the platform. I'd never ridden anything that big before.  I had to push my limits to roll over that coping.

I'm astonished that after as many sessions as we've had at charlton together you see me as someone who 'rides within his limits'.

How hard do I have to work at nosepicks?

How hard do I have to work at Canadians?

It's well documented how blunts have been killing me this year. Yet I try them every session. Every session.

Of all the riders you know, have a think now about who slams the most at Charlton. Have a good think. I'm very near the top of that list. And it's not something I'm in any way proud of at all. I'd like to think of something, spend an hour working it out, then go and pull it and call it mine. Thats what I'd like to do. Save all the slams for special occasions - those freak accidents and so forth.

But thats not how it works. As you know.  Instead I have to put my determined head on and just start.  hit and hope as they say in other sports. And I invariably pay the price.

My last ride at Epic was a slamfest. I'm still hurt in fact from that.

People who ride within their limits do not slam as often, or as hard as I do.  That's not the way it works. They don't make the effort to ride different venues every week regularly, they don't try and ride with different people, they DO rule stuff out before trying.   That's not me, I'll think you'll agree.

Frankly Trev, I'm more than a little hurt by your remark.

This site is full of much better riders than me. I'm under no illusions. There are many, many 40+s who could spin a 540. Just as there are many who could flip. 

I'm nothing special.

I'm just a BMXer who is proud to still be pushing his limits.

Trev

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2007, 12:36 PM »
oops.... did i upset you rob?

whilst you do slam a lot, the tricks you slam on are things i've seen you do hundreds of times.  i don't often see you launch yourself big time into jumps. although i was impressed with your vert riding at creation at halloween. i'd never seen you ride vert before although knew you could do it. so maybe it came out wrong once again....  :-[

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2007, 05:33 PM »
I must admit I`d like to have just half of Robs tricks in the bag, and riding the vert and a manual would be top of the list  :daumenhoch:

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2007, 06:28 PM »
tut tut trev ::)

Rob is always pushing it on the vert, its funny the amount of screams that come from vert riders as they hang on tight to a drop to flat bottom

vert progress is very slow, but  you never go backwards and its a shame there a no midi ramps around, as zac shaw said, they learnt all their tricks on 8ft ramps not 12/14ft ones, so its harder to learn grinds and basic stuff from scratch on a 12ft ramp

you need to take some slams to learn new stuff, and the fact rob did this whilst only having one knee! shows he's pushing himself  :daumenhoch:

Sean 2000

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2007, 07:12 PM »
Ooops Trev!

Poor observation mate  ::)

The "R"  :daumenhoch:

Trev

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2007, 07:15 PM »
oh well never mind.  if it wasn't this, he'd moan at me about something else....

SaMAlex

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2007, 08:28 PM »
Trev

That was a pretty silly thing to say .... but I think we all know you've said worse (cough ... "looptail"....cough)  :2funny:

Rob, just rollin in on a big vert ramp is a trick! No question!

evamedia

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2007, 09:12 PM »
Zack Shaw must be younger than I thought, QP's were only 6ft high when I started riding them.

Apologies if this is the wrong person, but wasn't Trev having trouble getting out after a year back riding? Who's not pushing themselves again?

Trev

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2007, 01:30 AM »
Okay. I admit I've been a bit of a knob here. TwoBob is a better rider than I'll ever be. Fact. No matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to pull the tricks he does.
I've been back riding for over a year now and have only learnt 4 new tricks in that time. Very poor by anyone's standards. That doesn't give me the right to comment on anyone else's riding.
Rob, I apologise for anything said regarding your commitment to riding. I think it came across wrongly, but I'll accept any critisism that comes my way.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Trev, I bit too hard.  I knew what you were getting at, it just rubbed me up the wrong way at this particular point in time in my life.

Don't ever put yourself down as a rider. Ever. Just keep riding and smiling buddy, it's only about that after all....

Thanks for the show of support lads, it means a lot at the moment    :4_17_5:

pm sent Trev,  merry christmas   :)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2007, 11:08 AM »

all round trevs for a  super huge christmas bumming  :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Hmmmm........  have you been hacking into my PMs again Pete?    :LolLolLolLol:

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2007, 08:02 PM »
rob how is the knee doin buddy
and ya want me to sit on trev lol

superFLY69

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2007, 09:41 PM »
just caught up with this

aint gonna say too much about it that hasn't been said.

but i ride with rob as much as i can.

i think he puts as much blood and sweat into his riding as anyone on here.

just one thing when you put a trick in the bag it don't stay there. the f**kin things jump out go for a tour around the frickin world get a tan shag a hooker in fact have a whale of a time and you have to track them down nail it and get it back in the bag just so it can go on another frickin cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry for the rant but if you want to ride and are a rider you have to work hard

hurry up and get well rob your insperation is needed mate

Trev

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2007, 10:21 PM »
you talking about nose picks by any chance?

Sean 2000

« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Anyway, once Paul has them down he is gonna be a force to be reckoned with on vert.
The best (resident) uk vert rider? Well on his way i think  :Great_Britain:

Cant wait to get back on me bike.......its killin me. BORED is the keyword here!

The "R"  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  PaulM Flairing???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx