gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:53 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  84 us supergoose
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 84 us supergoose  (Read 4345 times)

eloopnai

84 us supergoose
« on: December 16, 2007, 09:04 PM »
im lookin to do a usa 84 supergoose up as my next project but does anyone have any spec or pics of this bike ? cheers  :daumenhoch:

login_user

Re: 84 us supergoose
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 09:13 PM »
im lookin to do a usa 84 supergoose up as my next project but does anyone have any spec or pics of this bike ? cheers  :daumenhoch:

never seen an 84 US supergoose  ::) the 6 i've had have all been 83  ;)

spec is proberly something like........
Proclass bars   (84 UK supergoose had renthals)
mongoose grips
proclass wheels
180mm mongoose stamped 1pc crank or maybe sr cosmo-lite(depending on how late in 84)
proclass brakes
chromo seat post(uk had renthal)
viscount seat
mongoose universal spider
takagi chain ring.
cheng shin tyres,comp3 style

jimmyp might have a spec sheet, i have one for an 84 uk supergoose.  :daumenhoch:

eloopnai

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:26 PM »
cheers for that :daumenhoch:
ive got a friend in virginia usa who said he can probally get his hands on a 84 supergoose for me although looking on the net all afternoon i havent found much about this bike plenty of 83 and uk 84  :(

login_user

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 09:31 PM »
cheers for that :daumenhoch:
ive got a friend in virginia usa who said he can probally get his hands on a 84 supergoose for me although looking on the net all afternoon i havent found much about this bike plenty of 83 and uk 84  :(

Personally i didn't think they made them after 83  :-\ ,but they could well of been as i know of a couple of 84 proclass's. someone will know  ???

eloopnai

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 09:46 PM »
hmm so it could be a uk 84 supergoose in the usa  :D
i started another post about calis being the same as supergooses as i was wondering if it had the wrong decals on it
trust me to like gooses  :idiot2: lol
all this digging around and its not 100% i will get the bike yet think i will try get some pics then investigate more

selfpreservation

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 09:48 PM »
pics ?

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 11:45 AM »
They did an 84 usa supergoose, so should be ok :daumenhoch:

eloopnai

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 03:15 PM »
cheers jimmyp  :daumenhoch: im sure you told me that b4 that they was same as cali frame but without the metal badge you wouldnt have any pics or spec would you ?

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 08:32 PM »
No, a usa supergoose is different from an 85 usa cali. A 85 usa cali is the same as an 84-85 uk supergoose but different head tube badge. Hope this clears things up :D :LolLolLolLol:

eloopnai

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 08:41 PM »
 :D  think if i get this frame i best let you look at the pics and let me know exactly what it is  :daumenhoch: im going round the twist trying to work out what it is :idiot2: perhaps i should have liked burners easier to work out what they are

eloopnai

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 03:40 PM »
well the frame and forks are coming over soon no photos im afraid so will have to take a few when it arrives also will weigh them should help me find out exactly what it is owner claims a super we will see  :daumenhoch:

rockinlumberjack

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Hello !
I can buy too a Mongoose Supergoose looptail and it is a 1984 frame too : the serial number is I4000062 who seems to say that's an october 1984 frame, right ? I've already a Eric Rupe Signature (J4000946) with only 1 hole on the brakebridge. The Supergoose that I can buy has 3 holes, no badge but a headsticker, the seattube sticker says "Helia Arc...., Hand crafted .... Moorpark 1983 and has a "Cr-mo maintube" sticker on the toptube. So, is it really a USA Supergoose ? I know that looptails have been made in France, in the mid 80', under Mongoose license.

rockinlumberjack

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 11:34 PM »
I've made a mistake in my description : seattube sticker says "Chatsworth" and not "Moorpark", like I've mentionned. Excuse me.

login_user

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Hello !
I can buy too a Mongoose Supergoose looptail and it is a 1984 frame too : the serial number is I4000062 who seems to say that's an october 1984 frame, right ? I've already a Eric Rupe Signature (J4000946) with only 1 hole on the brakebridge. The Supergoose that I can buy has 3 holes, no badge but a headsticker, the seattube sticker says "Helia Arc...., Hand crafted .... Moorpark 1983 and has a "Cr-mo maintube" sticker on the toptube. So, is it really a USA Supergoose ? I know that looptails have been made in France, in the mid 80', under Mongoose license.

Sounds like it. and an ealy 84 made frame. how much got any pics?

rockinlumberjack

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 06:16 PM »
Yes I've pics. I've bought the Supergoose frame. It is not already in my possession, but it will be soon. The frame was stocked in a french shop. The seller said that it's a NOS frame, but it isn't : it has bottom bracket cups and headset cups installed. The price is 100 euros shipped to me.

login_user

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Yes I've pics. I've bought the Supergoose frame. It is not already in my possession, but it will be soon. The frame was stocked in a french shop. The seller said that it's a NOS frame, but it isn't : it has bottom bracket cups and headset cups installed. The price is 100 euros shipped to me.

Can i see them?

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 09:45 AM »
and has a "Cr-mo maintube" sticker on the toptube. So, is it really a USA Supergoose ? I know that looptails have been made in France, in the mid 80', under Mongoose license.

Weren't all of the Supergoose/Team Mongoose frames 100% cro-mo, not just cro-mo main tubes (tri-moly)?

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 04:43 PM »
team, supers and pro class were all,  always 100% cromo  F&F
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

rockinlumberjack

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2008, 03:45 PM »
About the description of the sticker, I've made a mistake, sorry : it's a "Cromoly mainframe" sticker and not "Cromoly maintube"
sticker. Login_user has seen the pictures about my frame and it's a 1984 US Supergoose.

eloopnai

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 07:45 PM »
finally got the bike bits today from the usa :daumenhoch: will try get some pics on here soon its stickered up as a supergoose has a sakae sr stem mongoose headset  pro class bars unstamped and forks not sure if thats the spec for a supergoose as a uk super had a pro class stem correct me if im wrong someone
serial number starts m4k1 so its not an expert as they have a e in the serial number also has 03 stamped on the brake bridge and it has a sticker on the head tube not a metal badge so does that rule out a cali ?
if i can find some scales i will weigh it soon too

fingers crossed it is a super as thats what i really want at the mo but they seem to be non excistant in the usa ive searched other forums and posted asking if any one owns a super over there with no joy

so thats why im questioning what it is hope its a super and not somin else thats been re stickered up

eloopnai

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 11:49 PM »
just noticed a sticker says made in taiwan  :-\

insideoutland

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 11:56 PM »
ha dude my expert has not got a E in the serial  :D

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2008, 11:57 PM »
M - moor park most likely as it was mongoose HQ usually confirmed by seat tube decal, though most made in taiwan
4 - 1984
k - believed to be the month jan = 1 etc

first how thick are the chain and seat stays ?
pro class thick or californian thick
also calis' seat stays usually sit above the top tube a bit

don't think the expert had an E to identify it
i know mine didn't they all shared a common numbering system
hence why id can be a pain

pics ill def help  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

insideoutland

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 12:04 AM »
i think  the m just stands for mongoose mine has m3-L  and mine is an expert made chatsworth US 1983...
O NO MONGOOSE TIME :D :D :D :D

insideoutland

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 12:11 AM »
WHATS THE LT OF THE TOP TUBE

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  84 us supergoose

gfxgfx
gfx gfx