gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rebel BMX
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Rebel BMX  (Read 603 times)

dannywhiteley

Rebel BMX
« on: December 17, 2007, 10:41 PM »
A friend of mine (the cool kid in school, who always had the best Nike tracksuits, Adidas trainers and latest ski jackets) had a Rebel BMX back in the mid 80's.

Ive seen a couple in the museum, but know very little about them.  His was a chrome single top tube frame and it was the business back when everyone else had a no-name el cheapo ride (we were 9-10 at the time).

Was this a decent bike in its time?  Back then it was the coolest BMX i'd ever seen, it seemed very exotic.

Any info on price, availability and generally the quality of the bike would be appreciated.

garethgeezer

Re: Rebel BMX
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:09 PM »
I had a Rebel Freestyler 'bitd'. Got it from the BMX shop that used to be i Brighton near The Levels, don't know if any of it is still there. I really wanted a TRM but they were sold out so my Dad bought me the Rebel f&f instead. It was great, super chrome classic twin-toptube frame. BB was a bit high as I recall, but it lasted me well. Rebel stuff was a bit thin on the ground even then. TRM was the more popular 'British' choice. Rebel was unheard of by many, but they were Reynolds 531 frames and were well built. I'd buy one now if I ever found one :)

welsh denny

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 12:07 AM »
i had a rebel freestyler back in the day. nice to ride, pretty sure i did'nt manage to break that frame. (vincent airzone i had later cracked in 6 places so i swapped for a toffee crisp and a punctured innertube. good deal?)

mark 2

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 01:33 AM »
I remember that toffee crisp , you let me have a bite. Happy days...... :P

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Rebel BMX

gfxgfx
gfx gfx