gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  WANTED BMX ACTION BIKE MAGS - TO BUILD PDF LIBRARY
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WANTED BMX ACTION BIKE MAGS - TO BUILD PDF LIBRARY  (Read 666 times)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
WANTED BMX ACTION BIKE MAGS - TO BUILD PDF LIBRARY
« on: December 15, 2007, 12:58 PM »
Hey Guys

I have been contemplating this for a while now and have decided to do it, but need your help. For the benefit of everyone I would like to set up a PDF database of our much loved read from BITD. I remember, as you may, eagerly awaiting the paperboy (sorry person) dropping the latest issue before trotting off to school to impress your mates. Over the years I have lost a lot of these magazine and would love to have them again. Very few appear on ebay and when they do they go for silly money. Especially with moley and deckard about at the moment. Any I thought wouldn't it be good if we all pooled our issues to compile a complete, or as near as, set for everyone to enjoy.

Anyway I still have a number of issues in my parents loft. As I am currently between jobs as they say, I have decided to start scanning them.

This is where you guys come in. I have nowhere near a full set of these and was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to send me copies, a few at a time, to scan. Obviously I will treat them with the utmost care and return them to you straight away, in the same condition. Believe me i'm real anal when it comes to my magazines and I can assure you I will take great care with them.

Anyway, if anyone is willing to help pm me or post reply up here and we will start getting this organised

Look forward to hearing from you

Marc - Kuwahero  :) :daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

Re: WANTED BMX ACTION BIKE MAGS - TO BUILD PDF LIBRARY
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 02:52 PM »
I need to take a trip to my folks house soon. I'm sure I've got loads of bmx mags (if the mice havn't got them), photos and maybe even some usable bike parts. Might even have an original (SE built?) Condor frame up there if you know anyone that's interested!
I have a scanner here beside me - could I just scan them in and post them on here or email them to you?
A list of the ones you DON'T have would be good.
Mind you, a thread with EVERY mag I have scanned in would be fun.....

DR VINOAH

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 03:16 PM »
last time i went to the ARK , i did see a whole bunch of action bikes being used to hold up a wonky table, hold open a door that wouldnt stay shut, and a couple of the 1st five issues were shredded to keep the baby shrews warm in their incubator, the rest of the pile is currently being used as grease paper for loaf baking & fire lighters for the pilot light,issues 12 to 15 are hanging from the bog door for reasons  the national secret self presivation society only know.

or i cut them all up to use as posters & scrap books & school books bitd

or i have them stored in a vault ,that is time locked , the interior of the vault is kept at a constant 10c ,this is vitally important in preserving the ink from the page,it has a tendancy to combust when not kept at the correct temperature or if stored carelessly ,the words & pictures could fall right off the page & that would make a mess of my diadora borg elites,now we dont want that happening do we ;)

eloopnai

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 04:01 PM »
http://www.23mag.com/dl/dlp.htm

theres a good few on here m8  :daumenhoch:

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 04:15 PM »
http://www.23mag.com/dl/dlp.htm

theres a good few on here m8  :daumenhoch:

there are four bmx action bike mags on there and only two of the links work. hence why I wanted to do it. :daumenhoch:

v.noah- thanks for your support
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 04:17 PM by kuwahero »

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 04:51 PM »
I've nearly finished this myself. Not just Action Bike either.

BMX ACTION BIKE (up to Jan 87 - then it got Crap with more Skateboards than bikes)
BMX BI-WEEKLY
BMX BIKER MONTHLY
FREESTYLE BMX (up to a point..it got crap pretty quickly)
Plus all the BMX Annuals.

Crazy thing is the whole 80's BMX mag era fits on ONE DVD now.  ::)

I know a few people who are doing this too,although i think mine will be most complete i imagine.
Am currently tagging individual pages with keywords for use as a search function as well. My little boy has been scanning the mags carefully for pocket money so thats took alot of work away,even though at 8,he loves it,being in charge of Dads PC!

gossa

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 06:07 PM »
I've got a few mate, list the numbers that you are missing.

I know I have one of the very first with greg Hill on the cover.
Anyone got any BMX Racer and Freestyle mags? looking for the one with slough worlds 86 coverage in.

Offline Brandy Truffle

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 06:20 PM »
I was gonna do BMX RACER + FREESTYLE too...but so far i only have one copy of that. The others i had bought on subscription BITD so i pretty much had them all and in good condition..

...except for the Afro wig i doodled on Tim March's head and the groucho eyebrows i gave Craig Schofield in a couple of pics back in 84  :2funny:

Thank heavens for Photoshop.Fixed 'em before i scanned those.

If i can source enough of the BMX R+F mags i'll add them on at a later date.

virtualmeuk

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 03:46 PM »
I've nearly finished this myself. Not just Action Bike either.

BMX ACTION BIKE (up to Jan 87 - then it got Crap with more Skateboards than bikes)
BMX BI-WEEKLY
BMX BIKER MONTHLY
FREESTYLE BMX (up to a point..it got crap pretty quickly)
Plus all the BMX Annuals.

Crazy thing is the whole 80's BMX mag era fits on ONE DVD now.  ::)

I know a few people who are doing this too,although i think mine will be most complete i imagine.
Am currently tagging individual pages with keywords for use as a search function as well. My little boy has been scanning the mags carefully for pocket money so thats took alot of work away,even though at 8,he loves it,being in charge of Dads PC!

Do you want to sell a copy of the DVD? I am after a couple of mags in particular with me in it as a competition winner. My stupid mum threw all of my mags away a couple of months ago when she cleared out that garage and i am gutted.

Let me know anyway

wildwood1971

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 04:03 PM »
I'd be interested in a dvd to  :daumenhoch:

Dhillon

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 04:10 PM »
I'd be interested in a dvd to  :daumenhoch:

Like wise too.  Definetely interested in a DOOVDAH   :D

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 04:24 PM »
i can chip in a few

got some early BMX news (newspaper type)
as well as bmx weekly in the news paper style

(some are already scanned in)

recently did OBMX 2

and 2/3 thro stu thomsons book

cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 04:25 PM »
cheers Kev

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 04:28 PM »
just found this one in my photobucket as well

some pics of some of the others as well

cheers Kev

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  WANTED BMX ACTION BIKE MAGS - TO BUILD PDF LIBRARY

gfxgfx
gfx gfx