gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 01:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cali to supergoose 3
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cali to supergoose 3  (Read 626 times)

eloopnai

cali to supergoose 3
« on: December 14, 2007, 06:33 PM »
i know theres pages of stuff on here about mongoose bikes and ive read most of em but ive got somin that needs clarifying
if calis were stickered up in 84 to be supergooses if u was to get a 84 cali and put supergoose stickers on it who would ever know it wasnt originally a cali ?
 :)

djgivvinup

Re: cali to supergoose 3
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 06:43 PM »
wouldn't the serial number give it away?

eloopnai

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 06:49 PM »
can u determin a cali from a super by serial number ? ???

djgivvinup

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 06:57 PM »
I would have thought so but im not 100% sure....speak to login_user he's always helpful when it comes to anything mongoose  :daumenhoch:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 07:21 PM »
Calis where only chromo frame and forks in the usa and the bikes came with a metal head tube badge. So yes you probs could do this but you would be left with big holes in the head tube :-\

In 1985 Ammaco droped the Pro Class from its range and rumor has it where gonna do an Andy Ruffell bike the same as the Eric Rupe. All this went down the swanny though when Ruff signed up for Raleigh and low and behold did there own Ruff bike. Andy hated it though as it was a low end bike and not a high end spec bike he had been promise by raleigh when he signed up ;)

Mongoose Ammaco where never the same after this and sales of there bikes dived in 86 when bmx started to fade out. The uk supergoose was the last decent bike they did and is as light as a Pro Class frame and forks and lighter than the usa supergoose ;)

djgivvinup

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 07:24 PM »
So can you tell the difference by the serial numbers?

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 07:29 PM »
No ;)

djgivvinup

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 07:32 PM »
trust me to have an 83 cali  ::)

eloopnai

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 08:00 PM »
cheers lads so my theory was right although it would not have a metal badge to pass as a super :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  cali to supergoose 3

gfxgfx
gfx gfx