gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 01:02 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX TECHNOLOGY?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX TECHNOLOGY?  (Read 417 times)

HEYWOOD BMX

BMX TECHNOLOGY?
« on: December 12, 2007, 10:34 AM »
 :) Discuss! Numerous manufacturers seem to promote their products as if they were F1 cars.IMO the Macneil pivotal seat/post appears to be the only?? real deal,with several companies using it.Carbon fibre is popping up here and there on race bikes.Are Spanish and Mid b/b `s all they are cracked up to be? I myself have had Euro/USA b/b`s that have ran perfectly well for years.Internal headsets could be the way forward,though some manufacturers designs are incompatible with some frames.

I am all for new ideas in BMX,but are we being led up the garden path with some new products?.

James

evamedia

Re: BMX TECHNOLOGY?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 11:12 AM »
I hope internal headsets are here to stay, they were coming into BMX as I stopped riding in the late 90's . Never having to worry about your headset coming loose makes current bikes feel solid IMHO.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: BMX TECHNOLOGY?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 12:18 PM »
mostly all of the new ideas are just ideas that are already used in the MTB industry (internal headsets) Euro BB and so on, i'm sure we'll see the external bearings soon on BB's.

to be honest i thing BMX's are (or can be) so simple in there set up (no gears and disc brakes) that it doesn't need to be complex?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  BMX TECHNOLOGY?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx