gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 11:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Kuwi Lazerlites - What colours were they?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kuwi Lazerlites - What colours were they?  (Read 950 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Kuwi Lazerlites - What colours were they?
« on: December 04, 2007, 10:12 PM »
I know for a fact Chrome was most commonly used, and white, but I have too many white frames, did they do a Lazerlite in a candy red, yellow or a blue or something like that? I don't fancy doing a custom build as doing that already with my GT Pro Performer...

I fancy chrome but ain't got the cash to do a rechrome just yet... any help is really appreciated  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Kuwi Lazerlites - What colours were they?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 10:24 PM »
Do it your way Matt, check out r kid's in the museum (the greyzerlite  :LolLolLolLol:)
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Frosty

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 10:34 PM »
I think the early (83/84) laserlites were only available as chrome, some of the later models like the 3000 series were available in other colours, white, and I think also the dayglo colours!!

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 03:37 PM »
I know, so tempting to do it as a custom colour but would love to know exactly what colours they did it in, especially the day glo ones. Mines an 83 and really it should be chrome. Was thinking about:

* Blue, baby blue perhaps?
* Red - either candy or bright red

What do you reckon on the above?

Just need some old crusty tange forks to go with this bike, then i'll get the whole bugger powdered  ;)

munners

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 03:41 PM »
The thing is with Laserlites......you need the post and bars.

Hard to find and if you do, no one lets them go.  Trust me..... it never ends this  game!  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 03:55 PM »
Yeah you're right, never ending mate! I think I may be able to get the forks, but the post, forget it, the bars will be tough but will have to do some asking round... what colour do you reckon then Nick?  :D

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 04:05 PM »
Gotta be Chrome really for me, but if you do it any custom colour I think Black would work with Chrome parts or maybe even some Gold parts.

bodamus ;)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 05:23 PM »
Already doing a black gt though... and chrome would be my best option but its down to casharoonies. I think it could end up either a rich blue, baby blue, red, candy red or something else more in keeping with Lazers. Still interested to find out what day glo colours they did them...  ::) anyone know any info on these?  ;)

munners

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 05:43 PM »
Chrome with blue parts. Keep it looking half decent! :LolLolLolLol:

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2007, 09:51 AM »
here's the 83 test spec page, chrome with black and chrome components only.

the laserlite 3000 available in dfayglo pink and dayglo green

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2007, 11:44 AM »
that pink thing is shite....

i've got a chrome one thats standard spec...all i need is some xc 11 and its perfect...and i did a custom one, which is the greyzerlite in the museum...i  since bought another one from america, that was also gonna be a custom build in brown, called the chocolite, but the frame is slightly twisted....so its now the 'bagoshite' and is being built up with well used parts and gonna be raced till it snaps....

i think the thing with bmx is, its up to you...if you want an era correct lazerlite, that will remind people of back in the day, then its got to be chrome....

other than that, do it how you want mate, just make sure, whichever way you go, its got proper 400's on it!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:45 AM by J.T »

munners

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2007, 11:56 AM »
that pink thing is shite....

i've got a chrome one thats standard spec...all i need is some xc 11 and its perfect...and i did a custom one, which is the greyzerlite in the museum...i  since bought another one from america, that was also gonna be a custom build in brown, called the chocolite, but the frame is slightly twisted....so its now the 'bagoshite' and is being built up with well used parts and gonna be raced till it snap

s....

Hillarious!

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 12:19 PM »
All comments noted... I think its a toss up between chrome and red  ::) not gay pink!  ??? Chrome if the readies improves or perhaps a kuwi red.... decisions, decisions....

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 01:04 PM »
a nice pillar box red would look reeeaaal nice.

must have white decals though....

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 01:37 PM »
That's exactly what I'm thinking JT mate...  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Kuwi Lazerlites - What colours were they?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx